Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,434 members, 7,954,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:02 AM

Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, (606 Views)

Nigerian Man Buys Fairly Used Phone, Loan Company Locks Device, Says He's Owing / Punch's Adetayo Olalekan Car Stolen Outside First Bank Premises In Abuja / Man Parked His Car In Bank Premises In Edo, When He Came Out, He Saw This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, by Tissaia(f): 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, Refuses To Allow Them Leave
In a video of the incident making the rounds on the Internet, the angry workers could be seen protesting their forced ‘detention’ inside the Chinese factory located at the Ibese area of Ogun State by destroying items within the company.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKAPR 15, 2020

Twitter

A yet-to-be identified Chinese company in Ogun State has locked its Nigerian workers inside its premises, refusing to allow them leave despite a stay-at-home and lockdown order instituted by President Muhammadu Buhari in Lagos, Ogun and Federal Capital Territory following the outbreak of Coronavirus in the country.

In a video of the incident making the rounds on the Internet, the angry workers could be seen protesting their forced ‘detention’ inside the Chinese factory located at the Ibese area of Ogun State by destroying items within the company.

@renoomokri Nigerian youths protesting against a Chinese company (Goodwill ceramics) in Ogun Guangdong Free trade zone Igbesa. We were held inside the company for 14 days of the lockdown without proper feeding and they're now asking us to leave without giving us anything. pic.twitter.com/gI376R8ZPu

— Wilfred (@Wilfredshady) April 13, 2020
Spokesperson for the police in Ogun, Abimbola Oyeyemi, while reacting to the incident, said it was an issue between the company and its workers.

He said, “Nobody is attacking anyone. What happened was a dispute between the workers and the management of that company.

“The workers said since the lockdown started, the management of the company did not allow them to go out of the company; that they locked them inside. So that was what sparked the protest.

“It is not as if members of the public are attacking the company.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/15/coronavirus-chinese-company-locks-nigerian-workers-inside-premises-ogun-refuses-allow

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, by ignis: 5:11pm On Apr 15, 2020
We are treated as slave in our own country because our leaders sold us out.

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, by Garrieveryday: 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
Even in our own land?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, by Adaogwashi1(f): 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
It can only happen in south west cheesy grin livingsage come and free your people from Chinese people cheesy grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, by Charleys: 5:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
The Chinese do not like people that are hot headed. They will sack all of you. It's not good to loose jobs at these time.

The Chinese want people with slave mentality.
So they can pay you chicken change.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, by Charleys: 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
It can only happen in south west cheesy grin livingsage come and free your people from Chinese people cheesy grin

I still rename Ada ogwashi cool

I wonder why they don't do this in other regions. Locking people up for 14 days
Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, by valirex: 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
Adaogwashi1:

Please be wise, it's only a fool that says it my neighbor that was robbed and not me so therefore it doesn't concern me, moreover not everyone there are Yorubas. They don't know the difference between the west your so called east. This world is bigger than just Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, by Adaogwashi1(f): 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
valirex:

Please be wise, it's only a fool that says it my neighbor that was robbed and not me. They don't know the difference between the west your so called eat. This world is bigger than just Nigeria
Mr man they knows the different between west and south,they can't try it in Delta state

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
See how they are treating people

Na these ones want to be world power

Never

Even if China become world power and you give me Chinese citizenship and visa versus US citizenship and visa, I'll choose US anytime any day.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, by valirex: 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
Mr man they knows the different between west and south,they can't try it in Delta state

But you can't say it's not a slap on your nationality

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Chinese Company Locks Nigerian Workers Inside Premises In Ogun, by AudioNews(m): 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
Wher is Audio Amotekun
Com nd Save ur peoples from Chinese

Audio Amotekun is no where 2 be found,
Chinese should deal wit dem Seriously till de get sense

(1) (Reply)

Police Nabbed Man For Cutting Off Own Wife's Hand In Yobe State. / Residents Flee As Herdsmen Allegedly Sack Ondo Community / Over My Dead Body, Biafra Will NEVER Come To Pass — Kemi Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.