Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Social Media Isn’t Merely About Creating Twitter Profiles And Facebook Pages. In - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Social Media Isn’t Merely About Creating Twitter Profiles And Facebook Pages. In (610 Views)

What Are The Dangers Of Buying Already Made Facebook Pages And Twitter Handles / How Do I Link My Blog Posts To My Facebook Pages, And Facebook Groups? / How To Get More Likes For Your Facebook Pages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Isn’t Merely About Creating Twitter Profiles And Facebook Pages. In by ign1tew3b: 10:11am On Jan 05, 2011
Social Media isn’t merely about creating Twitter profiles and Facebook pages.

In fact, developing profiles and pages is only one of the many tasks in your business’ quest for social media success. I often say that social media isn’t a short cut to success for businesses. It was never meant to be. And attempts to make it work as a short cut are liable to result in catastrophic effects for any business.

So, now that your business has taken the first step in the right direction by deciding to embrace social media, what next? How do you script a social media success story for your business? In this post, I present to you the  pillars of social media success for your business.

1) Do your homework and get started

The first and perhaps the most important step to ensuring social media success for your business is “getting started”. It’s crucial to shed any inhibitions and overcome the mental block of uncertainty associated with adopting a new paradigm such as social media. It’s equally important to know what you want from your social media efforts and establish well-defined goals in a realistic timeframe. Analyze your competition; know what they are doing well in the social media circles and their weaknesses. I’m sure there’s a gap in their social media strategy which you can exploit for your business gains.
A good start is half the job done and social media adoption for your business is no exception to that rule.

2) Your social media profile – First impression is the last impression

Your social media profile represents the online identity for your business, and that’s not something you’d like to risk with half-measures. Building an impressive and informational profile is a must for any business aiming to leverage social media to boost its revenues. Your profile is also the primary avenue of engaging with customers; therefore it deserves a lot of serious thought process and equally well-planned execution.
Develop an impressive persona for your business; it’s worth the investment.

Read More Here -  http://www.ignite-ng.com/?p=482 Please leave a comment

(1) (Reply)

Affiliate Programmes / Send Unlimited Free Sms Throught Valentine On Www.talkdeygo.com Happy Valentine / Are You A Model?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.