Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature (38036 Views)

As US Coronavirus Hits 1milliom, TRUMP Plans To Punish China Over Outbreak / Coronavirus Stimulus Bill $2-trillion - Largest By Far In U.S. History / Iran Rejects US Coronavirus Aid Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by foleskay(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2020
softset:
Lol... $1200 and your rent is $1300 for the month. That's not a lot of money for those converting it naira..

Someone that pays $1300 a month rent is ok already. The palliative is just a bonus to him. wink

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Faithful4real(m): 10:48am On Apr 16, 2020
boyjo:

But, he tried. At least na only $100 you go dey find to complete the rent for the month!

Don't mind him USA have suspend paying of tax.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by softset: 10:52am On Apr 16, 2020
That's not true, that's the amount some low level workers pay as rent.

In a city like Houston, the average rent is about $1000 but you can get cheaper ones if you dont mind living in area where drug dealing and killings is no big deal .

foleskay:

Someone that pays $1300 a month rent is ok already. The palliative is just a bonus to him. wink

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Ayoefa: 10:56am On Apr 16, 2020
pacespot:

That shows the high level of inflation in the United States if the poorest households are paying $1200 in rent per month. That is too high, that money can build a small bungalow in Nigeria

I wouldn't say that this is due to inflation. it only reflects what people are making. So for a typical worker, they will be able to make the payment. Also, don't forget that rent pr mortgage is takes most people's income anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Ayoefa: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2020
[s]
descartes400:

You need treatment for your Trump Derangement Syndrome.
[/s]

Pls seek help quick. Try and visit a shrink.
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by foleskay(m): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2020
softset:
That's not true, that's the amount some low level workers pay as rent.

In a city like Houston, the average rent is about $1000 but you can get cheaper ones if you dont mind living in area where drug dealing and killings is no big deal .

So houston being an oil city is a low budget state. Was even rating it with los angeles, chicago and miami oo
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Ayoefa: 10:58am On Apr 16, 2020
[s]
Fragility6:

u are sounding like an ingrate. Ur govt still gave u sumtin to spend. Are u not seeing high rates of begging on nairaland now. pple begging to survive. Govt. no reason us. Anyways humans like to complain weda in a good or bad position
[/s]

The point made is above your head. Don't worry about it. Just move on.

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by foleskay(m): 11:00am On Apr 16, 2020
EVILFOREST:

You are on your own.
As for me, he has done obviously well.
I don get Alert.
U can only get if you be tax payer..
Dont mind d fool. Hes a fuckin head slammer, that y hes hatin on trump. Trump no send muslims

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by foleskay(m): 11:04am On Apr 16, 2020
DedeNkem:

"His goodwill" my a*ss! The fund isn't his. It was the Congress that appropriated the money to help their citizens, NOT Trump!

Trump wants to take credit for this for political reason. He is a narcissist!

Shut da hell. Atleast he brought the idea initially. The stupid democrats were initially reluctant to approve d fund, but they had no choice. What if he didnt do anything. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Fragility6: 11:10am On Apr 16, 2020
[left][/left]
Ayoefa:
[s][/s]

The point made is above your head. Don't worry about it. Just move on.
[s][/s]
grin Intellectuals. Pass
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by DedeNkem: 11:27am On Apr 16, 2020
CoronaV:
Do you expect Trump to share his personal money?

Why should he want his signature on the cheques? This is unprecedented in U.S. history. If you were conversant with the U.S. politics and policies, you would understand why this is bad.

How do you Yoruba muslims reason sef. Let Buhari share too, afterall the money also isn't his.

Don't get me mixed up with your hatred for the Yoruba muslims because I'm neither Yoruba nor a muslim! And in my statement, I didn't argue whether Buhari should "share" any money or not, so I don't know why you made that comment. Read well to comprehend before responding to any comment!

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by diplomat058(m): 11:33am On Apr 16, 2020
Macsjebs:
They must find something to say sha

When he placed travel restrictions on China early enough, they said it was too early for such move considering the impact on businesses and the economy; later they still blamed him for not acting early enough to prevent the outbreak of covid-19

Somebody should just check the thread on my signature for lockdown awoof sales
Home delivery available within Lagos via dispatch
Image Credits to Ebenezer Obey, I guess
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by foleskay(m): 11:34am On Apr 16, 2020
Neoteny7:

The US has the ability to print as much dollars as it wants because theirs is the real definition of fiat currency, and the Modern Monetary Theory so far has sbown little inflation comes in doing this.

Where do you think the 2 trillion dollars come from?

Why cant Nigeria also print more naira to distribute since its our currency, or is their any economic implication to it??
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Neoteny7: 11:40am On Apr 16, 2020
foleskay:

Why cant Nigeria also print more naira to distribute since its our currency, or is their any economic implication to it??

Ours is not a fiat currency
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by foleskay(m): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2020
Neoteny7:

Ours is not a fiat currency
Explain better
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by ComeAndobo: 11:49am On Apr 16, 2020
Macsjebs:

When he placed travel restrictions on China early enough, they said it was too early for such move considering the impact on businesses and the economy; later they still blamed him for not acting early enough to prevent the outbreak of covid-19

Go and sit down. He is very wrong. It's not his money and he has no reason to insist his signature has to be on it.
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by olumide4christ: 11:51am On Apr 16, 2020
ALCOHOLKILLS:
that's like 480,000 in naira. Here our fg headed by a grandpa is talking about crediting some people just 5k..... What nonsense

Read the post very well...it says $1200 to 80 million taxpayers....how many people in Nigeria pay tax? If the Nigerian govt decides to use those who pay tax as yardstick to pay stimulus, I tell you the FG can pay each taxpayer N500,000 because they are so few in this country compared to the total population.
Let's stop comparing ourselves with the USA, there are so many differences both in leadership and followership. Its like comparing apples with oranges.

2 Likes

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by ComeAndobo: 11:52am On Apr 16, 2020
ofemigeorge:

He is better than obama that slow killer, imposer of gayism by fire by force.....who kept silent watching in the white house how christians were being killed by isis(making them grow into an established terrorist body)and bokoharam to finish nigeria amd make goodluck look like a fool. Sending the country to a stone age under bubu government.

Goodluck didn't need help looking like a fool and yes I agree Buhari is sending the country back to the stone ages.

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by olumide4christ: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2020
aremuforlife:

What is the age difference between Trump and Buhari?
Moreover, the money given to them is part of the tax deductions, how many of us pay tax in Nigeria

Please tell them...ask them ooo!
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Dpaulie(m): 11:54am On Apr 16, 2020
Kyase:
Trump Cant do no wrong na
Trump and Buhari na same moto carry them, only be say Trump na crazy man
And Buhari na useless man abi?
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by olumide4christ: 11:56am On Apr 16, 2020
Ayoefa:

I beg why do you guys take everything you hear as gospel for everywhere and everyone in the US.
Some banks and landlords will allow for rent deferment but those are in the minority. Most are still collecting or simply differing for 30 to 60 days. So you still owe the money. its it's not like you are living for free. Bro, believe me, nothing is free in the US. and I mean NOTHING.
Even this tax refund will still be paid for by us the tax payers in the very near future.

Please educate our Nigerian-American wannabes!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Neoteny7: 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2020
foleskay:

Explain better

Its value is not by government declaration, as it's allowed to float since 2016.

The US Federal Reserve, which handles the US Fiscal Policy, prints the dollar. The US Treasury, in charge of Monetary Policy, can buy an infinite amount of government treasury bonds and thus makes the US deficit largely a paper debt only. Therefore the US government can print as much dollars as it wants with little inflation. And create a sort of economic value by using the money to develop infrastructure and thus create taxable jobs.

If Nigeria, which buys dollars with its floating currency or earns it from oil exports, tries to print an endless supply of Naira, there'll be too much naira chasing too few dollars and thus the value of naira will drop and inflation will rise.

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by foleskay(m): 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2020
Neoteny7:

Its value is not by government declaration, as it's allowed to float since 2016.

The US Federal Reserve, which handles the US Fiscal Policy, prints the dollar. The US Treasury, in charge of Monetary Policy, can buy an infinite amount of government treasury bonds and thus makes the US deficit largely a paper debt only. Therefore the US government can print as much dollars as it wants with little inflation. And create a sort of economic value by using the money to develop infrastructure and thus create taxable jobs.

If Nigeria, which buys dollars with its floating currency or earns it from oil exports, tries to print an endless supply of Naira, there'll be too much naira chasing too few dollars and thus the value of naira will drop and inflation will rise.

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by chewwie(m): 1:16pm On Apr 16, 2020
Kyase:
Trump Cant do no wrong na
Trump and Buhari na same moto carry them, only be say Trump na crazy man
Yeah and crazy Trump is spending $2.2trn on the people who voted him in
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by chewwie(m): 1:20pm On Apr 16, 2020
Macsjebs:

I swear! Man can do no right. They called him racist for closing borders to arrivals from China. Called him racist for allegedly not allowing the CDC go to China when the Chinese virus first broke out when it was the Chinese who rejected America's help. Maybe a landslide victory will shut them up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by chewwie(m): 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2020
olumide4christ:

Read the post very well...it says $1200 to 80 million taxpayers....how many people in Nigeria pay tax? If the Nigerian govt decides to use those who pay tax as yardstick to pay stimulus, I tell you the FG can pay each taxpayer N500,000 because they are so few in this country compared to the total population.
Let's stop comparing ourselves with the USA, there are so many differences both in leadership and followership. Its like comparing apples with oranges.
1. How many Nigerians are gainfully employed?
2. The FG got over 4trn Naira from taxes alone last year.
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by chewwie(m): 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2020
ComeAndobo:

Go and sit down. He is very wrong. It's not his money and he has no reason to insist his signature has to be on it.
Simply shows that he cares.
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by boyjo: 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
Faithful4real:

Don't mind him USA have suspend paying of tax.

The comment sef vex you grin
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Faithful4real(m): 1:34pm On Apr 16, 2020
boyjo:

The comment sef vex you grin
grin
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by ttmacoy: 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
Please don't believe everything you read in the media. The bolded automatically reduces any credibility in the report to me. It's interesting how all liberal media always quote this same unnamed source that one paper claims to have spoken to. You know this means all the other media organizations have not spoken to these unnamed sources right? Just copying and pasting for attention.

Majority of people will and have started receiving their stimulus money via direct deposits to their bank accounts and people who are waiting for paper cheques will be delayed due to the processing not because he asked for his name to be printed on the cheque.

One way to prove is to wait for people to get the cheques soon and we will see right?

the Post reported, citing three Trump administration officials who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The Washington Post, NYT Times, CNN always quoting unnamed sources. Didn't the same post end up apologizing for claiming Trump said the virus was a hoax?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/reporter-apologizes-and-deletes-tweet-claiming-trump-called-coronavirus-a-hoax

CoronaVirusPro:
If Buhari did this...

Wailers would have crucified him.
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Danniedpastor(m): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
If Buhari did this...

Wailers would have crucified him.

At least,the. citizens are getting something from their government.

Sorry, Buhari has given us nothing. So ,his acting like Trump is inconsequential .
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by ifeanyija(m): 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
wirinet:

You guys seem incapable of staying on topic. The issue is the appropriateness of Trump signing a relief check from the Federal Government 7 months to elections.

When Buhari was distributing money few months to the elections through the trader moni scheme, it's still the same you guys crying fowl, without stating whether you will reject it if you were given.
U ve nt answered my question

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

American Protests: Nancy Pelosi Calls Trump "Fanner Of The Flame" / Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action / Taliban Brutally Flog & Abduct Civilians In Afghanistan (Pix, Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.