Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,230 members, 7,846,079 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

COVID-19: Doctor Who Treats Corona Virus Patient Dies In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Doctor Who Treats Corona Virus Patient Dies In Lagos (307 Views)

Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Doctor Who Treats Corona Virus Patient Dies In Lagos by Olaolex: 7:23am On Apr 16, 2020
A 51-year-old medical doctor on Wednesday became the first health worker in Nigeria to die of COVID-19 after contracting the virus from a patient he was treating.

The doctor, who died at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, was rushed to the facility on Monday after attempting to manage a COVID-19 patient in a private hospital in Lagos.

The Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee of the hospital, Prof Wasiu Adeyemo, said the doctor was not a staff of the hospital but was rushed to the facility after he showed symptoms of the disease.

“The doctor is not a LUTH staff; he was a private practitioner, though he trained in LUTH some 18, 20 years ago. I remember I met him, I know him, he left LUTH around 2002. One of his classmates called me that he has some issues in his private hospital, so I asked that he should be brought to LUTH. He was COVID-19 positive, we started him on drugs but unfortunately, he died this morning (Wednesday),” Adeyemo said.

The LUTH CMAC said he would not disclose the name of the doctor and his hospital as it was against the ethics of the medical profession.
Re: COVID-19: Doctor Who Treats Corona Virus Patient Dies In Lagos by Romanoff(f): 7:28am On Apr 16, 2020
Source?
Re: COVID-19: Doctor Who Treats Corona Virus Patient Dies In Lagos by Nukilia: 7:28am On Apr 16, 2020
@Op, where is the source of this your news...
Re: COVID-19: Doctor Who Treats Corona Virus Patient Dies In Lagos by 4reala(m): 7:41am On Apr 16, 2020
This kain of things are bound to occur, because most of them are not properly equipped by the govt
Re: COVID-19: Doctor Who Treats Corona Virus Patient Dies In Lagos by flejnr2(f): 7:52am On Apr 16, 2020
G
Re: COVID-19: Doctor Who Treats Corona Virus Patient Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 16, 2020
Did anyone notice the parts that says “We started him on drugs” ?
Abeg which drugs?

(1) (Reply)

If After 2 Weeks From Now, New Cases Dont Excalate , I Am Going Outside / Covid-19: Men To Be Given Female Sex Hormone To Help Surpress Symptoms / A Medical Student Volunteered To Be Injected With Covid-19 Vaccine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.