Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Do We Need A Female President ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do We Need A Female President ? (1062 Views)

Nigerian Woman Becomes First Black Female President Of U.S. College. / Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Has Been Elected As The First Female President of WTO / Between Rochas Okorocha And A Female Police Officer In Owerri. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Need A Female President ? by obedz(m): 12:56pm On Apr 16, 2020
So I was brooding about Nigeria’s political structure , how it all stated , the big mess we are in and the seemingly rough future ahead then, an idea struck me !!!!!...what if we give females the opportunity instead of their male counterparts?, will the likes of Remi Tinubu, Ngozi okonjo Iweale etc make any difference as presidents come 2023??. WILL A FEMALE NIGERIAN PRESIDENT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by egbemaoguta(m): 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
Women president will bring more disaster in Nigeria
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by budaatum: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2020
Yes, we do. And she will make a difference, though I would not go for those two you named.

Women are mothers. They have experience of nurturing life in their wombs and nourishing it with their tits so they have compassion and a greater desire for their offspring to flourish, which would be good for Nigeria. Besides, the men haven't exactly done a great job being President so we can't exactly do worse.

3 Likes

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by dulux07(m): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2020
Those that where elected into the power house, what impact did they make.
Stella odua, diezani, etteh, kemi .....
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ifyalways for president
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by josen16322(m): 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2020
I got 2 words,not necessary wink
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by drips8(m): 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2020
We don't need a female president but a good one and if it happens to be a female or male, then there's nothing wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by kettykings: 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2020
dulux07:
Stella odua, diezani, etteh, kemi even okonjo
If okonjo did not make impact in Nigeria then the Issue is Nigeria and not okonjo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by Bruno3000(m): 1:14pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hell no. Too emotional to lead
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by spongeisback: 1:20pm On Apr 16, 2020
You didn't think before making this comment, shebi you people are crying hunger up and down, maybe if you had an emotional president it wouldn't be so.

I can bet my life that you would gladly accept a German citizenship over Nigeria.

Bruno3000:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by spongeisback: 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
Were they presidents?! Don't they've to answer to the president who's a man?!

Can a minister just make decisions without informing and getting approval from the president?!
dulux07:
Stella odua, diezani, etteh, kemi even okonjo

1 Like

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by DATACUG: 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2020
Yes
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by dulux07(m): 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
spongeisback:
Were they presidents?! Don't they've to answer to the president who's a man?!

Can a minister just make decisions without informing and getting approval from the president?!

You don't have to become the president to make "impact". Oh, but they could embezzle money, build projects for themselves without the president's approval.
Ministries are being funded by the FG.

Aside okonjo who still tried, at least we remember her for clearing our debts, and also dora akunyili. The rest were no different from their male counterparts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by ValCon888: 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
Remi Tinubu = Bola Tinubu = Bullion Van Thief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by MoxxxxO123(m): 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
With the way Nigeria is currently it will be worse with woman as president.
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by Parisian: 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
And men who start wars killing millions are not too power drunk to lead? Lol
Bruno3000:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by Nyamuriflathead: 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2020
Yes.. like Amina Mohammed or Remi tinubu
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by omoharry(f): 2:13pm On Apr 16, 2020
egbemaoguta:
Are the men not already a big disaster in their leadership of our country since we got independence?Greed geeed greed is all we see around them .
This is the reason why most organizations allow women to take charge of their compnany becos they know that having a woman at the helm of affair will give them peace of mind instead of men who will steal and run down the company just becos he want to set up thier own; All becos of their unending greed and penchant for survival.
Women are better managers than u guys, so deal with it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by omoharry(f): 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
Parisian:
And men who start wars killing millions are not too power drunk to lead? Lol
Dont mind him..he is a typical male chauvinist.
A woman is presently in charge of Germany which is the most powerful country in Europe and she is going a good job ..What have African men achieved since they started ruling? you guys have achieved nothing and only given us shame, pain, misery ,Looting ,countless wars and death .You men are failures and your lot should not be bragging becos you have nothing to offer .
Since Nigerian men have failed us, women should be given a chance to rule for a change . If they fail then we can conclude that the entire black race is too stupid and selfish to rule themselves.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by SarkinYarki: 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
No we don't need a female or male or Christian or Muslim or Yoruba or hausa or Igbo or efik or tiv president , what we need is a selfless visionary leader simple and short

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by Cholls(m): 3:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
my brother I don't envy your ignorance. Can you see they're President already. Or Should I use all my mouth to tell you women greatly outnumbered us men so they've succeeded by devising a plan to creating woman's secret society(feminism) to regulate things in their favour.

Men in the world are already growing discontented with their lot. Why should the hardest work fall to our share, while the women lord it over us?

Now, asking them to become President is like wanting them to cast their secret society that is hidden under the under the guise called feminism.
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by Zooposki(f): 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2020
Women should also be voted into the House of Reps and Upper Chambers. The fact that they are more emotional will produce changes.

Most people do not even realize the Pharaohs were women. One of the biggest deception. The biggest deception will be the fact that men were created first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2020
Yes, I think we do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by budaatum: 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
spongeisback:
You didn't think before making this comment, shebi you people are crying hunger up and down, maybe if you had an emotional president it wouldn't be so.

I can bet my life that you would gladly accept a German citizenship over Nigeria.

Just in case your level is beyond somes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/16/angela-merkel-draws-on-science-background-in-covid-19-explainer-lockdown-exit

1 Like

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by Lovelive: 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
egbemaoguta:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by budaatum: 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
Zooposki:
Women should also be voted into the House of Reps and Upper Chambers. The fact that they are more emotional will produce changes.

Most people do not even realize the Pharaohs were women. One of the biggest deception. The biggest deception will be the fact that men were created first.
It is a massive deception. If Eve had not eaten Knowledge Fruit, humans would have remained naked slaves for longer, and if Mary did not read and teach her Son, he would have been a carpenter!

1 Like

Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by yyba: 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
dulux07:
Stella odua, diezani, etteh, kemi .....
when did you elect diezani and kemi ?
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by dulux07(m): 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2020
yyba:
when did you elect diezani and kemi ?
The presidency chooses its ministerial nominees, then the senate screens and elect whoever they think is capable.
So i wasn't referring to general vote.
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by AgentNairaland(f): 3:58pm On Apr 16, 2020
Yes Zo-Nigeria Need It
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by Asabe4(f): 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2020
We need a competent President!!
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by yyba: 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2020
dulux07:

The presidency chooses its ministerial candidates, then the senate screens and elect whoever they think is capable
screen and SELECT not elect.
Re: Do We Need A Female President ? by dulux07(m): 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2020
yyba:
screen and SELECT not elect.
Elect : choose (someone) to hold public office or some other position by voting.
The senators still votes for he or she to be accepted

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Carelessly Disposing His Covid-19 Protective Wear After Abba Kyari Burial(v / What Exactly Is Buratai Doing In Borno? / Governor Nyesom Wike Monitors Lockdown From The Sky - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.