Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Woa? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Woa? (902 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woa? by segebee(m): 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2007
can anyone who has logged in into woa members area tell me how to login?
Re: Woa? by my2cents(m): 5:15am On Jun 07, 2007
So,

I have probably sent this out a million times in the newsletter, but hopefully, by addressing it here, it can be settled once and for all smiley

When you "become a webmaster of africa", you are just entering personal/business information, that's it. This information then gets displayed when someone clicks on "find a webmaster of africa". Now, if you want to have access to the "members only" section, you have to click the "member login" link, create a username and password and it is only then that you can log in that section. In other words, just because you are a WOA doesn't mean you're an actual member? I know it sounds confusing, but does it make sense? Once you enter your email address as part of the member registration process, I check on the backend against the email address you used when you "became a webmaster of africa". If they match, I let you proceed. If not, you are SOL. If the former, you are sent to a landing page where, right now all you can do is update the profile you created when you "became a webmaster of africa". After I advertise the site and membership increases (and it will tongue), I will turn on other functionality.

Sorry for the confusion. WOA was my first PHP website and I am sure I could have coded it such that upon becoming a WOA, you create a username/password. Right now, unfortunately, I have moved on to other things and don't have the time to refactor the WOA code. So please be patient, log on to the "member only" link, create a username and password and you should be good to go.

If you have any other questions/issues regarding this, feel free to YIM me (udotot25). I may not be on as currently, I am up to my bald head with project work for my employers, but I promise to get back to you soonest.

Thanks, and sorry once again for any inconveniences.

(1) (Reply)

Blog Review / Mentor Needed / Web Hosting Made Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.