Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens (785 Views)

FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians / COVID-19: Okowa, Wife And Daughter Recover As They Test Negative / COVID-19: Okowa Calls On Wealthy Deltans To Support Fight Against Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by comrodioodio001: 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2020
COVID-19: Okowa reaffirms Delta's commitment to palliatives for citizens

Delta Governor, Sen. (Dr) Ifeanyi Okowa, has restated the state government's commitment to providing palliatives to cushion the effect of the COVID-19 lockdown on the vulnerable in the state.

The governor disclosed this while speaking to newsmen shortly after inspecting the state’s Food Bank at Ibusa on Thursday.

He said that credible Deltans, including local government council chairmen, the clergy, opinion leaders, women and youth representatives, had been appointed into committees to ensure that the food items got to the right people.

According to him, bulk of the food items, including rice and beans, which will be distributed in a few days, were procured by the state government and the rest came from donors.

Okowa thanked the donors for the support and called on others to contribute to the three food banks established by the state government at Ibusa, Warri and Asaba.

He stressed that more food items were needed to enable the government to cover all parts of the state in distribution.

He assured that the distribution would commence at the weekend to the various Wards, adding that measures had been put in place to ensure that the food items got to the vulnerable irrespective of their political or other leanings.

"We have food stocked in our warehouses in Ibusa, Asaba and Warri and these are the three spots from which we will commence distribution to our various wards and villages.

"We have beans for distribution; we also have rice, noodles and some other food items for distribution and we have constituted committees comprising every local government chairman, members of the House of Assembly, religious leaders.

``The committees have been put in place at the local government and at the ward levels, and we have emphasised that there will be no politics in the distribution of these items. It is for every Deltan and non-Deltan living in the state.

"Once we perfect the processes being put in place by the committee at the state level, we will commence distribution at the weekend and it is our prayer that they will reach out to the most indigent among our people.

"We also appeal to privileged citizens in our various communities to support the effort of government,’’ the governor said.

He also announced that some persons and organizations had made fiscal donations to the states COVID-19 account at the bank and expressed appreciation to the donors.

"I appeal to people who will want to make donations to please attend to us at this point in time because people are actually in need,’’ he added.

The governor disclosed that the fourth confirmed case of COVID-19 in the state was being treated at one of the Isolation Centres in Asaba, adding that the patients currently on treatment at the centres in the state were doing well.

He said that more blood samples of suspected cases had been sent to the laboratory for test, and advised Deltans with symptoms of the virus to quickly reach out to medical experts or COVID-19 team to avert complications and infection of other persons.

To owners of private health facilities, Okowa advised them to report suspected cases of the virus to public health centres to protect other persons from the infectious disease.

He said that distribution of the first phase of one million face masks produced by the state government for residents of the state would commence in two weeks.

According to him, the face masks are made of clothing materials that can be used continuously after being washed with soap and water.

"I have also specifically stated too that we have already made face masks for our people because we are aware that many of them may not be able to purchase for themselves.

"We are using the face masks made with cloth because from all research done thus far, it’s obvious that the use of the face masks tends to limit the transmission of the virus and to that extent, we are determined to produce about a million for distribution to our people," he said.

The governor pledged his administration’s determination to make the state safe and healthy for all residents.

The governor was conducted round the food bank by Secretary to State Government, Mr Chiedu Ebie; Commissioner, Bureau for Special Duties, Mr Mofe Pirah; Commissioner for Information, Mr Charles Aniagwu and his counterpart of Oil and Gas, Prince Emman Amgbaduba.

Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Iyiataata92: 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
seems information didn't get to him about the woman shot by the police in Sapele. Or did he just decide to overlook it?
And with the way Okowa's speech rolled out, it looks like there might still be more extension of the lockdown going forward.
Deltans and Nigerians should just prepare for the worst, even while praying for the best
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Nyamuriflathead: 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2020
Useless governor. Humongous monthly allocation's from delta state with nothing to show for it. Some of you said uduaghan was bad. Have you now seen the disaster of a governor you all voted into power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:
Useless governor. Humongous monthly allocation's from delta state with nothing to show for it. Some of you said uduaghan was bad. Have you now seen the disaster of a governor you all voted into power
shocked
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Mystiquefia: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

Sadly, you're largely correct

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Yanmiriflathead: 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2020
Cc AdaOgwashi1

That's for those of you from ika to decipher. The common knowledge in delta state is that okowa is from agbor. I don't care what his clan is. This is like saying Honourable ossai is not from kwale but from umu-sadege. You'll agree with me that not many of us wouldnt care about that.

I wouldn't want to talk about governor Onanefe ibori because, even an idiot knows he is the best governor so far in delta. That doesn't make me his fan though.

Now let's talk about governor uduaghan.
I know warri to an extent and I can tell you he did a major infrastructural uplift in warri during his regime and they include..

1. Introducing BRT buses to aid cheap transportation.
2. Constructing standard bus stops in warri
3. Abolishing the use of okada, introducing keke napep and empowering okada riders with tricycles.
4. Installing Mega city TV'S across the 25 local government's in delta state
5. Building delta shop mall and attracting ShopRite to warri
6. Several empowerment programmes to help grow agro and micro businesses, empowerment programmes for women, disable and widowed
I know about this because I'm one of the beneficiaries.
7 dualalizing major roads around effurun and warri
8 constructing a bridge to ease the traffuc congestion n effurun roundabout.
9. Establishing a delta park, popularly known as garden park in effurun
10. Street light have become a thing of the past In warri. Uduaghan fixed street lights in warri.
11. His keep delta safe campaign saw him introduce modern waste baskets around warri for disposal of paltry wastes like satchet and cans.
12. Refurbishment and construction of Schools and markets around warri.
13 refurbishment and building of hospitals and health centers in warri. Infact pregnant women delivered for free during his regime.

14. Enhancing the look of warri during festive seasons. Today the popular DSC roundabout that saw yearly facelifts is now being maintained by the redeem Christian assembly.
15. Built the asaba international airport to over 95 percent completion stage.
And so many more more I wouldn't want to go into. Mind you.. these are my assessment of his feats in uvwie local government, apart from number 15. To think that this isn't even his own lga makes me laugh.

I didn't have to dig into warri north and south.

If you want to talk about roads he trumped okowa hands down, let's not even go there.

Pray, tell me what okowa has done in warri and asaba since he assumed office?
Okowa is the most useless governor delta state has ever had and I reserve no apologies. He's so dumb that we rarely hear of his deputy. Can u compare the office of Kingsley otuaro to proff utuama or Elue. The office of the deputy governor is non functional all thanks to okowa.

Ma God purnish ibori for foisting okowa on deltans

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Engrjj: 8:04pm On Apr 16, 2020
Who is advising our leaders?? Is it that they have no advisers or they don't listen?? Or the advisers don't have the boldness to tell them the truth that people are not happy with the lockdown That it's getting worse day by day.
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Adaogwashi1(f): 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
Cc AdaOgwashi1

That's for those of you from ika to decipher. The common knowledge in delta state is that okowa is from agbor. I don't care what his clan is. This is like saying Honourable ossai is not from kwale but from umu-sadege. You'll agree with me that not many of us would care about that.

I wouldn't want to talk about governor Onanefe ibori because, even an idiot knows he is the best governor so far in delta. That doesn't make me his fan though.

I know warri to an extent and I can tell you he did a major infrastructural uplift in warri during his regime and they include..

3. Abolishing the use of okada, introducing keke napep and empowering okada riders with tricycles.
6. Several empowerment programmes to help grow agro and micro businesses
10. Street light have become a thing of the past In warri. Uduaghan fixed street lights in warri.
11. His keep delta safe campaign saw him introduce modern waste baskets around warri for disposal of paltry wastes like satchet and cans.
12. Refurbishment and construction of Schools around warri.
13 enhancing the look of warri during festive seasons. Today the popular DSC roundabout that saw yearly facelifts is now being maintained by the redeem Christian assembly.
14. Built the asaba international airport to over 95 percent completion stage.
And so many more more I wouldn't want to go into. Mind you.. these are my assessment of his feats in uvwie local government.

If you want to talk about roads he trumped okowa hands down, let's not even go there.

Please I'm not from ika,I am from ogwashi ukwu in Aniocha south local government, okowa community is owa not agbor which everybody in Delta state know but if you are talking about ethnic group then owa and agbor fall under ika ethnic group,Agbor is different community from owa.So ibori is your best Delta state governor? When it come to looting of fund and empowering of touts then ibori is the best but infrastructure is no no,Uduaghan did almost all his projects in warri he was even staying in warri during his time but As for governor okowa you can see his project in every community in Delta state if you can say the truth.

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by iokpebholo: 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Sadly, you're largely correct
pls dont ever compare okowa with uduaghan,uduaghan is d worst governor ever
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Yanmiriflathead: 8:35pm On Apr 16, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
Please I'm not from ika,I am from ogwashi ukwu in Aniocha south local government, okowa community is owa not agbor which everybody in Delta state know but if you are talking about ethnic group then owa and agbor fall under ika ethnic group,Agbor is different community from owa.So ibori is your best Delta state governor? When it come to looting of fund and empowering of touts then ibori is the best but infrastructure is no no,Uduaghan did almost all his projects in warri he was even staying in warri during his time but As for governor okowa you can see his project in every community in Delta state if you can say the truth.

Balderdash. What has okowa done in asaba.

Asaba is still the same from okpanam to Westend to stadium road to ogbogonogo.
Asaba was a mini Abuja during uduaghan tenure. Why do you think it was the preferred destination for Nollywood film makers? Today Lagos is the hub of movie making in Nigeria, All thanks to okowa. u think, if past governor's had left Asaba like the village it was after the creation of delta from edo, it will be worth talking about? Or na okowa 9 suddenly build asaba reach as e dey. Lie small small na

Let's assume uduaghan even focused mainly on warri, is it out of place seeing that the bulk of the states wealth koms from there? Does asaba or agbor have oil? Funny enough okowa has not done anything in agbor..
He is a total failure
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Yanmiriflathead: 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
iokpebholo:
pls dont ever compare okowa with uduaghan,uduaghan is d worst governor ever
Kimon shut up your mouth and show me okowas achievement's. And I don't want to see roads. Successive governments in delta state have been doing roads, so it's madness to use roadnetworks as a yardstick.
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by iokpebholo: 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:

Kimon shut up your mouth and show me okowas achievement's. And I don't want to see roads. Successive governments in delta state have been doing roads, so it's madness to use roadnetworks as a yardstick.
Blind APC supporter spotted.
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by iokpebholo: 8:57pm On Apr 16, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:

Balderdash. What has okowa done in asaba.

Asaba is still the same from okpanam to Westend to stadium road to ogbogonogo.
Asaba was a mini Abuja during uduaghan tenure. Why do you think it was the preferred destination of Nollywood film makers? Today Lagos is the hub of movie making in Nigeria, All thanks to okowa. u think, if past governor's had left Asaba like the village it was after the creation of delta from edo, it will be worth talking about? Or na okowa 9 suddenly build asaba reach as e dey. Lie small small na

Let's assume okowa focused mainly on warri, is it out of place seeing that the bulk of the states wealth koms from there? Does asaba or agbor have oil? Funny enough okowa has not done anything in agbor..
He is a total failure
u mean okowa did not work in Asaba?okpanam road drainage project,new secretariat and d numerous road project,who dey do am sir?
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Yanmiriflathead: 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2020
iokpebholo:
Blind APC supporter spotted.

Keep shut u pdp apologist and show me some of okowas achievement's. These are some of uduaghan achievement's in uvwie local government and warri

1.Introducing BRT buses to aid cheap transportation.

6. Several empowerment programmes to help grow agro and micro businesses, empowerment programmes for women, disable and widowed

13 refurbishment and building of hospitals and health centers in warri. Infact pregnant women delivered for free during his regime.

14. Enhancing the look of warri during festive seasons. Today the popular DSC roundabout that saw yearly facelifts is now being maintained by the redeem Christian assembly.

And so many more more I wouldn't want to go into. Mind you.. these are my assessment of his feats in uvwie local government, apart from number 15. To think that this isn't even his own lga makes me laugh.
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Francisayo(m): 9:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
It has gotten to d stage where I can categorically say i need help......Hunger is bad..
If u have more than enough pls don't hesitate to share....Save a soul

UBA
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Mystiquefia: 9:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
Cc AdaOgwashi1

That's for those of you from ika to decipher. The common knowledge in delta state is that okowa is from agbor. I don't care what his clan is. This is like saying Honourable ossai is not from kwale but from umu-sadege. You'll agree with me that not many of us wouldnt care about that.

Pray, tell me what okowa has done in warri and asaba since he assumed office?
Okowa is the most useless governor delta state has ever had and I reserve no apologies. He's so dumb that we rarely hear of his deputy. Can u compare the office of Kingsley otuaro to proff utuama or Elue. The office of the deputy governor is non functional all thanks to okowa.

Ma God purnish ibori for foisting okowa on deltans

Truer words have never been said.

Cc efewestern
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by stanleyravos: 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
Adaogwashi1:

glory to Jesus I have been looking for whom to pass my message to Okowa, is like you will help me, Why is he blocking all the entries of all the villages in Delta State with police extorting money from people in name of fighting covid 19? He should come to Rivers State, Wike only block boundaries not going to villages to block the entries.
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Yanmiriflathead: 9:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
iokpebholo:
u mean okowa did not work in Asaba?okpanam road drainage project,new secretariat and d numerous road project,who dey do am sir?

U see your life. Okowa has so reduced your standards for infrastructural developments that all seem to chestbeat about is a 2km road and drainage. Can't u see the calibre of projects ongoing in States like akwaibom, calabar, Kano and ko?
You pdp apologist are all numskulls

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Adaogwashi1(f): 9:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
stanleyravos:
glory to Jesus I have been looking for whom to pass my message to Okowa, is like you will help me, Why is he blocking all the entries of all the villages in Delta State with police extorting money from people in name of fighting covid 19? He should come to Rivers State, Wike only block boundaries not going to villages to block the entries.
Which of the entry are you talking about?

Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Adaogwashi1(f): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
comrodioodio001:
COVID-19: Okowa reaffirms Delta's commitment to palliatives for citizens

Delta Governor, Sen. (Dr) Ifeanyi Okowa, has restated the state government's commitment to providing palliatives to cushion the effect of the COVID-19 lockdown on the vulnerable in the state.

The governor disclosed this while speaking to newsmen shortly after inspecting the state’s Food Bank at Ibusa on Thursday.

He said that credible Deltans, including local government council chairmen, the clergy, opinion leaders, women and youth representatives, had been appointed into committees to ensure that the food items got to the right people.

According to him, bulk of the food items, including rice and beans, which will be distributed in a few days, were procured by the state government and the rest came from donors.

Okowa thanked the donors for the support and called on others to contribute to the three food banks established by the state government at Ibusa, Warri and Asaba.

He stressed that more food items were needed to enable the government to cover all parts of the state in distribution.

He assured that the distribution would commence at the weekend to the various Wards, adding that measures had been put in place to ensure that the food items got to the vulnerable irrespective of their political or other leanings.

"We have food stocked in our warehouses in Ibusa, Asaba and Warri and these are the three spots from which we will commence distribution to our various wards and villages.

"We have beans for distribution; we also have rice, noodles and some other food items for distribution and we have constituted committees comprising every local government chairman, members of the House of Assembly, religious leaders.

``The committees have been put in place at the local government and at the ward levels, and we have emphasised that there will be no politics in the distribution of these items. It is for every Deltan and non-Deltan living in the state.

"Once we perfect the processes being put in place by the committee at the state level, we will commence distribution at the weekend and it is our prayer that they will reach out to the most indigent among our people.

"We also appeal to privileged citizens in our various communities to support the effort of government,’’ the governor said.

He also announced that some persons and organizations had made fiscal donations to the states COVID-19 account at the bank and expressed appreciation to the donors.

"I appeal to people who will want to make donations to please attend to us at this point in time because people are actually in need,’’ he added.

The governor disclosed that the fourth confirmed case of COVID-19 in the state was being treated at one of the Isolation Centres in Asaba, adding that the patients currently on treatment at the centres in the state were doing well.

He said that more blood samples of suspected cases had been sent to the laboratory for test, and advised Deltans with symptoms of the virus to quickly reach out to medical experts or COVID-19 team to avert complications and infection of other persons.

To owners of private health facilities, Okowa advised them to report suspected cases of the virus to public health centres to protect other persons from the infectious disease.

He said that distribution of the first phase of one million face masks produced by the state government for residents of the state would commence in two weeks.

According to him, the face masks are made of clothing materials that can be used continuously after being washed with soap and water.

"I have also specifically stated too that we have already made face masks for our people because we are aware that many of them may not be able to purchase for themselves.

"We are using the face masks made with cloth because from all research done thus far, it’s obvious that the use of the face masks tends to limit the transmission of the virus and to that extent, we are determined to produce about a million for distribution to our people," he said.

The governor pledged his administration’s determination to make the state safe and healthy for all residents.

The governor was conducted round the food bank by Secretary to State Government, Mr Chiedu Ebie; Commissioner, Bureau for Special Duties, Mr Mofe Pirah; Commissioner for Information, Mr Charles Aniagwu and his counterpart of Oil and Gas, Prince Emman Amgbaduba.
That's my Able governor, we don't do audio in Delta state all we do na confirm confirm cheesy grin Prosperity to all Deltans

Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by stanleyravos: 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
Which of the entry are you talking about?

I lost my mum on good Friday, left PH for Delta State on Saturday@ patani all you need is to pay 500Naira to pass with your car, getting to Ughelli pay another 500, from Ughelli no movement except does that has permits,. My own village all the entries is blocked no movement, I cant call the name of my village here but am from Ughelli south
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Adaogwashi1(f): 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2020
stanleyravos:
I lost my mum on good Friday, left PH for Delta State on Saturday@ patani all you need is to pay 500Naira to pass with your car, getting to Ughelli pay another 500, from Ughelli no movement except does that has permits,. My own village all the entries is blocked no movement, I cant call the name of my village here but am from Ughelli south
I don't know the village you are talking about but look for your ward leader and complain to him about it.

Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by stanleyravos: 10:10pm On Apr 16, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
I don't know the village you are talking about but look for your ward leader and complain to him about it.

for the fact that you are eating Free money from the Government today does not mean you should not have felling for the poor, mind you in less than 4 years from now Okowa will be a thing of the past
Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Adaogwashi1(f): 11:23pm On Apr 16, 2020
stanleyravos:
for the fact that you are eating Free money from the Government today does not mean you should not have felling for the poor, mind you in less than 4 years from now Okowa will be a thing of the past
shocked who told you that I'm eating government money from okowa shocked

Re: COVID-19: Okowa Reaffirms Delta's Commitment To Palliatives For Citizens by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 17, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:
Delta State exists for the politicians to embezzle money and share money with their thug and militants. The state has received close to $10 billion dollars since 1999 with nothing to show for it.

(1) (Reply)

The Roasting Of Bill Gates And His Vaccination / #revolutionnow!!!!northerners Protest Against President Buhari / Nigerians Lucky To Have President Like Buhari – Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.