Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" (55683 Views)

Coronavirus: Trump Unveils Plan To Reopen States In Phases / Coronavirus: Trump Declares National Emergency / North Korean Official Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Shot Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Charly68: 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
They cooperated with China on this matter,so let China fund their research work
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Xisnin(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
jesmond3945:
what has WHO done? just because china is a friend look at where we are.
WHO has been feeding you(with food and drugs) for years but I can't explain how
it works in a way you will understand.
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by bjtinz: 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
pryme:

so Trump received the same index like South Korea at the same time?
From WHO?

Seriously, what you on about?

Both USA and S/Korea had their index case on Jan 20th 2020.

However, as of March 13th S/Korea had close over 200,000 tested, while a whole USA was battling with just about 11,000. A monumental failure on their part which even Dr Fauci conceded. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/coronavirus-testing-us

And today, we all know the difference in outcomes between the two countries.

Almost all the measures out in place by previous admins to check spread of infectious diseases were revoked by Trump.
AS the former director of CDC almost prophetically said about two years ago: "We can either help other countries stop disease outbreaks abroad or fight them here at home," said Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the CDC from 2009 to 2017. "If funding for global health security isn't found, CDC will have to retreat from the front lines of fighting not terrorism but terrible organisms in 30 countries
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/03/health/cdc-slashes-global-epidemic-programs-outrage/index.html

And here we are. Who knows, perhaps this could have been avoided. And now he has stopped funding WHO, and you guys are haling him. Hehehehe. I laff in evil laugh. . . undecided undecided

Anyway. I know there's nothing I will say that will change your idolization of Trump, So feeel free to continue.

#unfollows

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Cloud007: 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
Subduer:

Trump fell into their WHO trap. And Trump opens their Pandora's box, turning the heat on their a$$. And Bill Gates comes out of the woodwork to lead his cohorts, as other previously fronts men run into hiding. Trump is too much for them.
Game on.
yes.... he is fighting invincible enemies..... powerful entities in the shadows. Bill Gates time will soon come.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by GraphicDesigner(f): 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2020
Kimbrielle:
The resident Trump supporters of NL were busy supporting the orange head's decision not knowing that it will affect them too.

How people blindly support a man who does not give a damn about their existence amazes me cheesy cheesy

Every sensible individual knows that Trump's actions has bad consequences but the orange head is concerned about re-election and wants to blame any scapegoat available without accepting his own faults

Think am well bros.... Have you seen *contagion* the movie.... Try watch am. You go understand
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by UncleJudax(m): 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2020
linearity:

Bros, let’s be sincere....we do not have a President in Nigeria.

I doubt if things would have been any worst if Aso Rock is devoid of an occupant.....Decisions that Trump makes affect ordinary Nigerians positively or negatively than anything PMB will ever do, therefore in that sense he is our President.
WHO is currently in CCP pocket...so China should pay more. ...

with respect to Buhari and Nigeria, could it get any worse?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by ifeanyija(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
Basher8583:

Mumu. China has stepped in to fund WHO with more than what USA was funding.
lol, with $40m while US fund with $400m
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by GraphicDesigner(f): 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
madridguy:
Let it affect Africa. Maybe our head will correct now.

Abi. The funding wey we nor even dey see the effect for Nigeria sef...
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Insectkiller: 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
Good let others take responsibility..

Better still can't african countries take responsibility themselves..
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by pryme(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
bjtinz:

However, as of March 13th S/Korea had close over 200,000 tested, while a whole USA was battling with just about 11,000. A monumental failure on their part which even Dr Fauci conceded. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/coronavirus-testing-us

Almost all the measures out in place by previous admins to check spread of infectious diseases were revoked by Trump.
AS the former director of CDC almost prophetically said about two years ago: "We can either help other countries stop disease outbreaks abroad or fight them here at home," said Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the CDC from 2009 to 2017. "If funding for global health security isn't found, CDC will have to retreat from the front lines of fighting not terrorism but terrible organisms in 30 countries
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/03/health/cdc-slashes-global-epidemic-programs-outrage/index.html

And here we are. Who knows, perhaps this could have been avoided. And now he has stopped funding WHO, and you guys are haling him. Hehehehe. I laff in evil laugh. . . undecided undecided

Anyway. I know there's nothing I will say that will change your idolization of Trump, So feeel free to continue.

#unfollows

Pls go read about all the red tapes that was inhibiting the private sectors to get involved, do you even know what Trump did that made the private sectors to play a key role in this pandemic? e.g producing testing kits and ventilators?
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by DonMustafa: 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
Kimbrielle:
The resident Trump supporters of NL were busy supporting the orange head's decision not knowing that it will affect them too.

How people blindly support a man who does not give a damn about their existence amazes me cheesy cheesy

Every sensible individual knows that Trump's actions has bad consequences but the orange head is concerned about re-election and wants to blame any scapegoat available without accepting his own faults

The money Buhari and his cabal have stolen will be enough to substitute for all WHO funding for the next 10 years or more
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by DonMustafa: 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
Emu4life:
Gradually, The USA is letting go the components that has made it World power for decades . All thanks to Trump
E go soon clear for them eye
His eyes will not be cleared anything. Useless countries like Nigeria have being parasites depending on the US to the detriments of Americans. Trump is a patriot. Other countries should grow up and sort out their responsibilities. It is like a child still sucking breast till 18 years old. is it normal?
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by jesmond3945: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
Xisnin:

WHO has been feeding you(with food and drugs) for years but I can't explain how
it works in a way you will understand.
lol. make WHO feed you there. abi na them dey give me malaria drug abi wetin. You see how china has already revised their death rate in wuhan because of this trump ban on funding. you have sense use it.
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by dangoteinlaw: 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
Kimbrielle:
I am on quora and I know more about Politics and foreign affairs than you will ever know.I can never read the book of a racist,lying peddler.Trump goofed up deal with it.Trump is the worse thing to ever happen to America
the worse to happen to America you say?? But the stats is saying different, blacks unemployment all time low, wages are high and more jobs for the unemployed. Trade deals are being made and conflicts being resolved around the globe, I don't know what screams sucess if that doesn't. OBUMa had alot of us citizens assasinated overseas by isis or you don't know that? Don't always believe what the media tells you trump is doing well for America and if buhari could do just half of that Nigerians would be better off. Stop listening to CNN

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by dangoteinlaw: 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Kimbrielle:

Manage your nokia 3310 with pride then grin
I'm using a nice iphone but i will choose an iphone 4s compared to those big for nothing trash Chinese are giving you. How someone is not be ashamed holding such a big fone is beyond me lol
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by DEADALIVE: 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
Xisnin:

No, nobody rules anymore.
Even now.
You can have the best economy but you aren't ruling anyone even your weak neighbor.
You can have the best military and ragtag terrorists will humiliate your country.

If only you know the true idea nature of man....capitalist and communist states will continue to compete against each other....only those that excell will emmerge as world leaders.
No matter how free a country will be it will be categorised as follows
Under developing
Developing
Develop5
U see with these categories one must guide the other in whatever context u may deem feet... for man to survive there must be a leader and a follower.
Kindly view this link and see who funds the international orgainization most and see if they stop their support the poor countries will not suffer.https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/figure_3_how_important_is_each_funder_to_each_organization.png

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Subduer: 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
ifeanyija:
The US pays over 14%, + Bill Gates nearly 10%, + other US-based NGOs, altogether no less than 35% . And if Trump wins in November, which what all this is about, he'll shake up a lot of things.

So the MANIPULATORS in the woodworks, taking more than their pro rata, are in overdrive to ensure Trump doesn't win. But they have the American voters to contend with, & Trump is communicating with the voters, effectively.
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Basher8583: 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2020
ifeanyija:

Well the $400m was an ego thing.... The need to stay in control and have WHO do thier bidding. Since its now obvious they dont have control anymore..... Well you know the rest.

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Endybest5050: 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2020
Kimbrielle:
I am on quora and I know more about Politics and foreign affairs than you will ever know.I can never read the book of a racist,lying peddler.Trump goofed up deal with it.Trump is the worse thing to ever happen to America
.sowi Kim but I think your being racist. Triump could be the best thing that would ever happen to America but am sure after the expiration of his tenure more sense would come to those who think he is a pain in their ass
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Subduer: 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
the worse to happen to America you say?? But the stats is saying different, blacks unemployment all time low, wages are high and more jobs for the unemployed. Trade deals are being made and conflicts being resolved around the globe, I don't know what screams sucess if that doesn't. OBUMa had alot of us citizens assasinated overseas by isis or you don't know that? Don't always believe what the media tells you trump is doing well for America and if buhari could do just half of that Nigerians would be better off. Stop listening to CNN
Don't expect Nairalanders to understand, that by America First, & MAGA, Trump is reversing the monumental sabotage America has suffered, from the consistent OUTSOURCING of the economy by the Wall Street in New York, to China, in order to CRIPPLE America.

Nairalanders may not understand, that the Wall Street built, owns, & sustains both Communist Russia & China. They can't understand that Technology & Capital, OWNED by Wall Street, being transferred to Shanghai for decades, is why Communist China opened up other regions to the Wall Street.

And suddenly, Trump is REVERSING things, with the backing of, not the powerful Wall Street moguls, but the American voters, who were being PAUPERIZED intalmetally by unemployment, loan defaults, mortgage troubles, etc.
Then steps in the Orange head New Yorker, DONALD J TRUMP.
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by dangoteinlaw: 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Subduer:

Don't expect Nairalanders to understand that by America First, & MAGA, Trump is reversing the monumental sabotage America has suffered from the consistent OUTSOURCING of the economy by the Wall Street in New York, to China, in order to CRIPPLE America.

Nairalanders may not understand that the Wall Street built, owns, & sustains both Communist Russia & China. They can't understand that Technology & Capital, owned by Wall Street, being transferred to Shanghai for decades, is why Communist China opened up other regions to the Wall Street.

And suddenly, Trump is changing things, with the backing of, not the Wall Street moguls, but the American voters, who were being PAUPERIZED intalmetally by unemployment, loan defaults, mortgage troubles, etc.
Then steps in the Orange head New Yorker, DONALD J TRUMP.
what do alot of nairalanders know. Sometimes I don't respond to quotes on a faceless forum because the man on the other end might just be a chronic simpleton. Trump is the most patrotic president to lead America. He's winning a second, not even the brain dead running candidate can stop him, his base is too strong, relief check is being delivered as we speak, that was the icing on the cake. The corona virus was not entirely his fault at all, shutting down an economy is not as easy as many think, the case would have be either worse or better but to put the entire blame on him isn't worth it. I always admire his street smart, he immediately offloaded the blame to who by cutting off funding, thats clever of him coz America will need that fund anyway.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
manuelzz:
China should pick up from where US stopped. Abi dem wan be world power?

Na so
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Kimbrielle(f): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
Who is talking about the medja here
Americans are filing for unemployment benefits as we speak.He better be kicked out in November.Trump is a lying racist.D on't worry whenTrump leaves office you will get back to watching CNN
dangoteinlaw:

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Jdbrasco2: 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
bjtinz:

#unfollows
What do WHO use the money for. Flying first class and booking luxury hotels. They have been compromised by China and why don't China pick up shortfall. USA is indebted to mostly China of about USD20T. WHO refused to give out vital info about COVID 19 that would have saved life. There are other better health organizations that will make better use of the money. I don't want to write much. U know the truth. Meanwhile Trump is the best thing that happened to this world. U will realize this from next yr. Watch
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Jdbrasco2: 4:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
Xisnin:

Trump supporters are usually so dumb that it is a miracle that they can get by.
I am not supposed to reply to you based on your inherent cognitive disability but I will try.
I know the only language you understand is the short incoherent sentence tha Trump strings together.
I will try to mimic him for your sake.

The US has never trusted China, the CIA's job is to reveal the true situation.
Trump was warned in November, December, and January but he ignored the warning.

When the first case was discovered in the US on January 20, Trump did nothing.

Wuhan was locked down on January 23, Trump did nothing and label it a hoax.

When 15 cases were discovered, Trump said it will disappear quickly.

Till date, Trump is against lockdown, the governors are in charge.
Trump even wanted to force open the lockdown in some states.

Trump is in charge of claiming victory or blaming others.

The most useless and irresponsible president America has ever had.
I understand if any of his policies have affected you. But Trump is the gratest president they ever had. Every country should pray for such a leader. Job, No wars, Diplomacy & Negotiations with other countries etc. Imagine if every country was like the USA before the pandemic ( which Trump can easily bring back), the world will be a better place. I'm not saying he is perfect but China f*cked everybody when it comes to COVID 19. America is a very difficult place to govern cos of bill of rights and stuff unlike these Asian countries. Also remember the heavy criticisms from Democrats and WHO when Trump stopped flight from China to US to stop the spread of the disease.
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by nwannamdi1048: 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
Macron, Merkel and Boris Johnson are also foolish for not closing their borders in time...
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by pretyval: 8:37pm On Apr 17, 2020
“Most African countries don’t have money to manage their affairs not to talk about pandemic like this. “Trump’s decision is going to have great consequence to Africa and other regions of the world where they depend on WHO assistance to fight this virus”.

This is simply because wicked people like you and negligence of the useless leaders on the African continent. Sorry if I was being too plain but that’s the truth. You all are burning up buildings now and looting all the money provided to combat this pandemic. Tomorrow you will say it’s your fore fathers that’s doing you... karma is coming !!!
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by backbone503(m): 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
guru90:

ANALYSIS:

WHO strongly knew about this CORONAVIRUS first but they seems like they hide it from the world

While

POTUS means (the President of the United States), I don't think that knew about this CORONAVIRUS.

Note: Information is power.

So, WHO MESSED UP.

You don't understand how powerful America is. The US is privy to EVERY Intel and has eyes and ears in all the nook and crannies of this world.

Trump had issues with the CIA, hence he down played intelligence offered him since last year.
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by Kurumaru: 10:37am On Apr 18, 2020
alezzy13:
I've always marveled at the near obsessive compulsive need of some empty minions here to defend the action of the hero in chief. Its a mental issue and many of you guys should seek help.

Like I maintained, even if their may be legitimate grievances, you dont defund RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BLEEPING CRISIS!!!

Why not wait till the crisis is over, at least?

Much of the response here in Nigeria, part of why we are to contain this extent, is due to technical support from WHO.

Yet, many of the empty, useless, worthless, Trumptard worshipers are clutching their tecno y2 phones with borrowed 5MB data and typing rubbish.

WHO has done a great job. But, as is the case in most instances, there is room for improvement.
God Bless u my Bro,
Only if they know the extent of damage that clown is doing to America and WORLD PEACE.. Most of his surporters are RASCIST whites AND IMMIGRANTS LIKE OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS who could barely get jobs or were underpaid/underemployed before Mr Trump came in and closed borders to immigrants and all sorts of nonsense..Now they get more jobs and double pay, all at the expense of America's Humanitarianism and hospitality dats responsible for their own particular presence in America..
So You don't blame them for surporting such an irrational and erratic man who has drawn battle lines with virtually every country of the world even its Allies, cancelling one treaty or the other, disengaging bilateral and Multilateral relations..
NOTE : B4 they come for me, MY FIRST visit to the US was well over a decade ago, so its not a dream haven for me.. I'M ALSO NOT A CHINESE APOLOGETIC, but the TRUTH is dat AMERICA WILL NOT BE THE WORLD POWER FOREVER..BEFORE AMERICA, THERE WERE WORLD POWERS, AFTER AMERICA THERE WOULD BE WORLD POWERS.. whether democratic or COMMUNISTS, Good or bad.. Its Life.. .. Trump is only facilitating the process and teaching other countries of the world not to be over reliant on America after this whole saga..
LOL.. SOME here, even think they are in safe haven already because they have greencards or in view thereby Taunting their fellow Nigerians here on Nairaland.. WAIT FOR TRUMP and his COHORTS PART 2..even Obama heard "Wien" as a siting president with birth conspiracies..
@ kimbrielle, ibadi aran, others make una no mind dem jare..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Is Defunding WHO. "How It Will Affect Africa" by paltielx: 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
leaculpa:

Are u a dumb teenager or just averse to knowledge?

You really shouldnt mind these nigerians. Like the one I quoted above. I worked with an NGO in Abuja for a while called APIN (Aids prevention in Nigeria). They have clinics in hospitals and teaching hospitals all over the country. Once u are HIV positive in Nigeria, u are directed to their clinics & u get free antiretrovirals and vitamins from this agency. FREE!!! And they are doing this in many African countries with high HIV rates.
This organization is heavily funded by the bill gates foundation & USAID and follow WHO guidelines. Do people think its the FG giving these HIV positive people free drugs? Men, women & little children. Do they know the death rates dt would have occured from our high HIV rates without these drugs? Do they think normal africans can afford these drugs? All the vaccines in our hospitals are also free or highly subsidized by NGO's (funded by these organizations: who, bill gates foundation, usaid, dfid), not the FG.
Thank you bro for your point, this over people don,t know what bill gate has been contributing on global health issues

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ethiopia Admits Shooting Down Kenyan Aircraft Taking Medical Supplies To Somalia / Taliban Soldiers Dancing To Drake's Song After Taking Over A Local Club (Video) / Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.