Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha (35036 Views)

COVID-19: We May Be Counting Bodies In Hundreds In Next 3 Weeks - Boss Mustapha / Nigerian Tailors Making Face Masks And Overalls To Fight Coronavirus - CNN / Boss Mustapha: I Never Knew Nigeria’s Healthcare Infrastructure Was In Bad State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Neoteny7: 10:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
kokomaster3d:

you dey mind them.

The real thing is the filter inside the mask, which is not even available everywhere.

I think you mean the N95 type that has an expiring particulate filter.

I mean the normal surgical mask with the microfiber lining

1. N95

2. Surgical Mask

Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by opportunities12(m): 10:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
Local production of PPE ongoing in GHANA for frontline health workers leading the fight against #COVID 19
Selected Local garment industries in GHANA are using fabrics produced locally from Akosombo Textiles, Volta Star Textiles and GTP.
In picture, minister of Trade and Industry visiting one of the selected garment Industry.

Meanwhile somewhere in the same West Africa they are still waiting for supplies from "beyond the Seven Seas".

It's high time we woke up from this self deceit called " Giant of Africa"........

2 Likes

Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Tayeni(m): 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
costandi:

And, this is the only sensible reply of all the 31 comments on the first page of this comment section.
So sad to know that many Nigerians are dumb but quick to make comments about everything.
While he is correct, I don't think his statement is in anyway helpful.

if you think one ply of your fabric is too flimsy, double it.
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by kokomaster3d: 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Neoteny7:

I think you mean the N95 type that has an expiring particulate filter.

I mean the normal surgical mask with the microfiber lining

1. N95

2. Surgical Mask

Even the surgical mask has white filter inside
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Segmatin(m): 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2020
Vision less idiot, they are copying other country, they don't have their own original ideas, always copy copy, stupid politicians with zero brain
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ankara kor lace ni!
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by deeva1: 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nigerian leader has come again oo
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by DTD1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ankara facemask, we can do it.

Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Esther91: 11:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
I have already started sewing the face masks...

Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Kuginzi: 11:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
If you think Ankara is expensive you can use this material which is the cheapest material for now.

Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by FLOTAN(m): 11:10pm On Apr 16, 2020
Let’s do it already!

Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Abuleoshi: 11:14pm On Apr 16, 2020
Dead guy.
Is it Ankara face mask he is wearing? He knows Ankara face mask can't prevent CoronaVirus, but he knows Nigerians don't have sense and they will believe him. Useless man!
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by dboo442: 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
it is only nigeria that everybody are comedians,when u thought u had it all for the day,another one like just come like boom.imagine ankaragrin
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by calaharry: 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2020
This guy knows we have our internal solution but prefer followin oyinbo method that is escalating this virus count world over.
STOP FOLLOWING OYINBO ON THIS COVID19 DEM NO GET ANSWER.
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by calaharry: 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
FLOTAN:
Let’s do it already!
You no well 20k or 50k to own land abi house. angry
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by calaharry: 11:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
God has open anoda oil-lik business for Naija.Halleluyah
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Titugirl(f): 11:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
Shey its that one that would stop the pandemic....shior
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Libraoak1010: 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
What of the ones produced in Aba, has it been approved?

1 Like

Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Abbheyalimi(f): 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
They initially said face mask is meant to be worn by the infected people and health workers. God have mercy o.
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by shekhaz(f): 12:19am On Apr 17, 2020
At least they are not encouraging us to go and buy from China
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Alimzy20(m): 12:34am On Apr 17, 2020
Pls my people help me i'm dieing of hunger pls help a soul, i dont mind if i can 2k to get food.0393321712 gtb.God bless every helping hands 4ever
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by Drsweetnex: 12:54am On Apr 17, 2020
It is important to note that covering your face with a piece of cloth won't protect you. But, it could help you from spreading the virus if you're like some people who lack symptoms and don't know they have it.
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by costandi(m): 1:01am On Apr 17, 2020
Tayeni:
While he is correct, I don't think his statement is in anyway helpful.

if you think one ply of your fabric is too flimsy, double it.
It's not about being flimsy. The fabric should be porous enough to let air pass through and tight enough restrain particles from passing through. Not all materials meet this criteria especially dyed ones like Ankara.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by tiwiex(m): 1:29am On Apr 17, 2020
Nigerianization:
This is commendable......

Aba tailors took the lead weeks ago...
Ankara is not a local fabric. It was just adopted by Africans. Most of the ones wee have are not even made here. The guy goofed thinking Ankara are local fabrics.
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by drololaaof: 1:32am On Apr 17, 2020
Please don't use the nylon ankara oh ,you will not breathe well, the best is a fabric that have nothing less than 65- 100%cotton, sweating will affect your breathing
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by DonBenny77(m): 3:21am On Apr 17, 2020
[quote author=Organicist95 post=88521944]

Hungry man spotted

Lol[/quote
With your fish brain
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:02am On Apr 17, 2020
Ussycool:
We have heard you.

I just recently read that some people are using pants as face mask in a particular africa country.

They are promoting Ankara. And think that will save them from using their money to buy face mask for Nigerians.

Wayo wayo Government.

charity begin at home
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by delvzy(m): 4:29am On Apr 17, 2020
I would say get the best quality materials that they can use but in every sense the real surgical masks is meant for those who are already infected and hospitalized.
We still need to work more on the rate of testing daily.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by EMMALEX4REAL: 5:39am On Apr 17, 2020
Signs from a failed goverment
Re: We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha by EmekaBlue(m): 6:07am On Apr 17, 2020
lol

but d facemask is supposed to b medical

not just clothes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don't Panic, That's Your Anatomy! / UBTH Releases Woman Detained For 6 Months Over Unpaid Hospital Bills (Photos) / Kano Doctor Transfuses Woman With HIV Infected Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.