Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why People Are Unable To Finish Their Books - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why People Are Unable To Finish Their Books (299 Views)

Nairaland Authors And Their Books (Updated 15th September, 2023) / Writers Must Learn To Market Their Books -– Brenda Mohammed / Why People Are Unable To Finish Their Books Pt. 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why People Are Unable To Finish Their Books by ezradan(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2020
Writing can be fascinating and interesting especially for talented writers but writing and finishing a book is such a big project for most people especially first-time authors. This is why a lot of people start writing but they are unable to finish a book.

The reason why they never get to finish and publish their books is not because they are not great writers.

Do you know that 90% of people who made resolutions at the dawn of every new year to publish their books before the end of that year don't get to accomplish that goal? The reason why they never get to accomplish this goal is not because they are not disciplined or they don't know how to set goals. I have demonstrated this in the pt. 1 of this post.

This gives me concern. I see a lot of great and talented writers who wish to become authors, they make several attempts to publish their books, they try different methods but they just never get to succeed.

In my own case, I set a goal for one book and ended up with two fully published and printed in hard copies. With ease, I did what has become a monster to other people. You cannot imagine how frustrating the inability to complete a book has made people.

You may want to ask, why start when they know they cannot finish it? I will tell you.

Let me tell you a shocking truth.

There are more unfinished and uncompleted writings than they are published works on the Earth. Yes, this is how serious the problem is.

I have seven published books so far but I have at least four uncompleted books. Having uncompleted book project is normal, I'm sure every author has abandoned some book projects here and there but it is absolutely abnormal when you cannot produce at least one book.

You know what? I may never get to complete those books I abandoned. It is not because I cannot. It is because my thinking has gone beyond what I started writing. I'd prefer a write a new book with my fresh perspective than to return to fix my old thinking.

You may wonder how I arrived at the conclusion that there are more incomplete book projects than they are finished and published projects. It's simple.

There are people out there who have up to five incomplete book projects and they have never gotten to finish a single one. Yes, five!

All you need is a simple arithmetic. Add the incomplete book projects from the published authors to the incomplete book projects from writers who never became authors. The answer, definitely, outruns the number of books the world has ever published.

It's pathetic.

But here's my thought. You don't have to be a writer to have a book, so any can be an author.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Fearless Future / Yejide Episode 2 / Fight the good fight to WIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.