Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,703 members, 7,813,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Why People Are Unable To Finish Their Books Pt. 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why People Are Unable To Finish Their Books Pt. 2 (272 Views)

Nairaland Authors And Their Books (Updated 15th September, 2023) / Writers Must Learn To Market Their Books -– Brenda Mohammed / Why People Are Unable To Finish Their Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why People Are Unable To Finish Their Books Pt. 2 by ezradan(m): 11:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
There are lot of reasons why people never get to finish their books but I will share two fundamental reasons why people start writing but never get to become authors as they don't complete their manuscripts.

1. The Illusion of Busyness: A young man made a post on Facebook. When I saw what he wrote, I smiled because I could relate to what he said. He said he has always been hiding under the disguise of "I'm so busy," and for that reason he has been unable to finish his writing project. I was glad he was, at least, honest to himself.

With this lockdown, everyone can simply answer the question "why have I not finished my book?" It's an individual responsibility to sincerely tell yourself the reason why you have not been able to.

Let me tell you this, any reason you tell to yourself as why you have not finished your book is SIMPLY THE REASON, but you can choose to change the result.

If you cannot write your book now that you are made to stay at home for 24 hours, seek help. It is the best thing you can do rather than fold your hands and allow time slide through your fingers. Regardless make a commitment that you would finish your book and have a plan.

Most people who say they weren't having time have been busted. This lockdown is an opportunity, you can finish your book in the next 13 days before the president addresses the nation again. Yes, you can.

2. Prioritization: A lot of people will drop off their book projects and run off after other things that have immediate consequence or offer immediate gratification.

The reason why this happens is, that, most of these people have not measured their desire for a book.

Okay... Let me explain this better.

You want a book, yeah?
How much do you want it?
What are you willing to do to get it done?
What are you willing to give up to finish it up?

The demand writing and completing a book places on you is often overwhelming and it can get you intimidated. You need to have a meeting with yourself and answer those four questions.

If you don't answer those questions, you'd always have your word document open and Facebook open at the same time. Of course, you'd say inspiration is not flowing for you to add up words in the word document file. You'd choose social media than your word document. It's not bad, but it's not good either.

You need to bring out that book from within you.

(1) (Reply)

360° Worship / New Blog To Watch Out For / Lost In Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.