Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days (58617 Views)

Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire / Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by blowjohn(m): 7:01am On Apr 17, 2020
Because it's not hydroxychloroquine, CNN is quick to report it even though it's still undergoing trials.
If its hydroxychloroquine now, CNN staff will start having sleepless nights.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 17, 2020
socialmediaman:
Kudos to the health professionals and scientists.

Things are looking hopeful but It will take months to be able to study the samples and observe any side effects and how it combines with other factors and medications.

This is a time to properly fund research in healthcare and education in Nigeria and around the world. Ours in Nigeria shouldn’t be only to be looting money and waiting for others to do the research so we can quickly consume, while our institutions languish from neglect
Majority of those in power are just high class thugs and not proper academicians so dont value education, research or healthcare. We have a very long way to go. Ghana is getting it right already, we still in dark ages.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by SweetJoystick(m): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2020
post=88528274:
We pray they all recover ASAP.

There shall be no more deaths pertaining Covid-19in our nation..........
You chop ban again? shocked
Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by mvem(m): 7:15am On Apr 17, 2020
Godfullsam:
So it is not chloroquine again?

I just pray they find a lasting solution to this pandemic.
many drugs are on trials
Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by idonhammer: 7:22am On Apr 17, 2020
Original igboman is happy.

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by Nairalandmonika: 7:24am On Apr 17, 2020
andycoal40:

Great one.... wish am in the laboratory too
Are u a microbiologist or a lab scientist?
Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by Karleb(m): 7:24am On Apr 17, 2020
Science saving our assss again!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by Nairalandmonika: 7:26am On Apr 17, 2020
Godfullsam:
So it is not chloroquine again?

I just pray they find a lasting solution to this pandemic.
Chloroquine was a scam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by Nairalandmonika: 7:29am On Apr 17, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
It’s only a matter of time. Nigeria escaped this pandemic and we were TOTALLY unprepared for it.
LET US NOT BE UNPREPARED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!
Not just Nigeria, the world was unprepared for it. America was almost prepared but Trump can and scattered everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by Princedapace(m): 7:29am On Apr 17, 2020
As usual, the black race will sit and wait for the treatment to be found while we loot, fu*ck, make babies, and abuse our selves.

I don't want to av anything to do with the black race in my next life.

Nasarawa govt just spent 500 million to purchase cars for law makers and the state has no proper medical facility for treating corona.

I'm so ashamed of my race. Don't tell me anything order wise. When ever we are insulted by the whites, we deserve it.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by Chuzoetoh(m): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2020
post=88528274:
We pray they all recover ASAP.

There shall be no more deaths pertaining Covid-19in our nation..........
I've been looking for you, I really want us to have a debate, no insults, no bad words, if n when ur ready; we will argue constructively... Sorry for derailing from the topic, the debate will be about "The merits n de-merits of dis present government in the life of the masses". I decided not to put APC cos I'm a nonpartisan man. We've never had good leaders, so what has dis present government done for you DAT you've been singing dia praises?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by RapistOnBail: 7:32am On Apr 17, 2020
handsomeyinka:
I JUST PRAY THIS MEDICATION WILL WORK PERFECTLY.

PEOPLE DEAD ARE JUST VICTIMS OF THIS VIRUS.

TO THOSE WHO HAVE LOST A SOUL TO THIS PANDEMIC, PLS STAY STRONG. MAY GOD CONTINUE TO STRENGTHEN AND GUIDE US.

WE SHALL OVERCOME COVID-19.
No one here has lost anyone.
Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by xcelentattitude(m): 7:35am On Apr 17, 2020
I'm sure remdesvir has always been available all along.

I guess those doing mischief are done undecided

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by Angelinastto(f): 7:36am On Apr 17, 2020
Good news grin
Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by RapistOnBail: 7:36am On Apr 17, 2020
Princedapace:
As usual, the black race will sit and wait for the treatment to be found while we loot, fu*ck, make babies, and abuse our selves.

Nasarawa govt just spent 500 million to purchase cars for law makers and the state has no proper medical facility for treating corona.

I'm so ashamed of my race. Don't tell me anything order wise. When ever we are insulted by the whites, we deserve it.
Fool! Only if you knew how we cherish you blacks!
Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:36am On Apr 17, 2020
they will create the virus n sell us the antidote....then pretend to be looking for the cure when they already have it......oyibo people, i hail una!
Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by Jcael(m): 7:38am On Apr 17, 2020
I am seriously hoping that this nightmare will end soon.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by DAVE5(m): 7:43am On Apr 17, 2020
socialmediaman:
Kudos to the health professionals and scientists.

Things are looking hopeful but It will take months to be able to study the samples and observe any side effects and how it combines with other factors and medications.

This is a time to properly fund research in healthcare and education in Nigeria and around the world. Ours in Nigeria shouldn’t be only to be looting money and waiting for others to do the research so we can quickly consume, while our institutions languish from neglect

The people that were supposed to funds the research are the ones stealing the money so where do you think we stand on funding any research? No where sir, those bastards would continue their pilfering if we don't do anything but sit down and watch them lot our treasury
Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by DAVE5(m): 7:46am On Apr 17, 2020
Princedapace:

Nah we allow those people dey thief from us ohh, those thieves would never quit until we start cutting their fingers off, as in really cutting their fingers or best case scenario kill, then they would know we're serious
Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by SoNature(m): 7:46am On Apr 17, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Chloroquine was a scam.

It wasn't a scam

Chloroquine was used to treat some but didn't work in many

That's why the FDA didn't approve it as a Covid-19 vaccine

A coronavirus vaccine should be able to treat all patients - regardless of location, weather or any other factor for that matter

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by executive12: 7:50am On Apr 17, 2020
Sirvingeo:
Nigeria's own is audio corona. God will punish all our leaders involved from A to Z.

Good. Just make sure you cover with face mask when outside to avoid spreading the "audio corona" all over the place. Smh.
Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by ybn(m): 7:50am On Apr 17, 2020
9jamyHome:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/16/health/coronavirus-remdesivir-trial/index.html

The Fake News media is promoting this one. But criticized the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine just because Trump is the promoter. Their hate amounts to nothing. TRUMP will win a 2nd term of 4 years in November.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by Fidelismaria: 7:56am On Apr 17, 2020

A welcome development

I could have found the cure to this virus if I tried

grin

Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by executive12: 7:57am On Apr 17, 2020
xcelentattitude:
I'm sure remdesvir has always been available all along.

I guess those doing mischief are done undecided

Wrong. Remdesivir is an investigational drug, not yet approved by the FDA. It's a brand new drug. Not yet in the market.
Re: COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days by zakas: 7:59am On Apr 17, 2020
That's one hell of a good news. Exactly what we need at this dire time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

28 And Still Yet To Hit Puberty / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos / New Onitsha General Hospital Isolation Center (photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.