Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Court Sentences Abuja Taxi Driver Who Stripped Naked To Resist Arrest(photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences Abuja Taxi Driver Who Stripped Naked To Resist Arrest(photo) (746 Views)

Man Arrested For obtaining N38m From Yahoo Boys To Stop EFCC Arrest (Photo) / Man Goes Unclad To Resist Arrest By LASTMA Officials In Lagos. His Boxers Seized / South African Police Strip Nigerian Man Naked During Arrest (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sentences Abuja Taxi Driver Who Stripped Naked To Resist Arrest(photo) by Anna11: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2020
The Abuja taxi driver, one Emmanuel Imhoudu who stripped naked to resist arrest after his vehicle was impounded by security operatives, has been dished a 6 months jail sentence for violating the lockdown order issued by the federal government.

It was reported earlier that the driver who defied the stay-at-home directive on Monday April 13, protested the seizure of his car by the FCT COVID-19 Joint Task Force Team, saying he had a family to feed and could not cope with sitting at home.

He was heard saying in a viral video;

will be the best song you’d listen to today: DREMO– PRAY MP3- Click Here

“I no dey provoke. I be Edo boy. I get children. I get wife. Na money I dey find, money to chop. No money. You tell us to stay for us. Nothing. No food.”

However following his arraignment before an Abuja Magistrate court on three count charges, the taxi driver was handed a 6 months jail sentence (two months for each count) with an option of N10,000 fine.

SEE PHOTOS

Re: Court Sentences Abuja Taxi Driver Who Stripped Naked To Resist Arrest(photo) by ArchAngelos999: 9:42am On Apr 17, 2020
unfavorable justice is always swift for the defenceless. in this country you either have money, be connected politically, emigrate or remain and suffer.
Re: Court Sentences Abuja Taxi Driver Who Stripped Naked To Resist Arrest(photo) by Bluntguy: 9:43am On Apr 17, 2020
The court should pay that fine for him and let him go. Did he have up to N10,000 and came out to hustle that day?
Re: Court Sentences Abuja Taxi Driver Who Stripped Naked To Resist Arrest(photo) by dawnomike(m): 9:43am On Apr 17, 2020
All he wanted was to provide food for his family sad... I pity his condition though.

NB: If you are in Abuja and can contact this man to post his bail. Kindly indicate biko so that the money can be made available please

A man that has a wife and kids; looking for money to eat should not be in jail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Abuja Taxi Driver Who Stripped Naked To Resist Arrest(photo) by charles009(m): 10:04am On Apr 17, 2020
Can someone link me to this man or whoever the bail funds will be remitted to.

A full blown man stripped to his panties. His kids and wife probably starving at home,or even sick yet a judge has the moral right to sentence such man, where is the hope for a common man. Where is our conscience.

In desperate times like this, please let's learn to show compassion and tolerance.
Re: Court Sentences Abuja Taxi Driver Who Stripped Naked To Resist Arrest(photo) by samictelecoms12(m): 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2020
hoga ooo

(1) (Reply)

Virginia Police Assaults Black Army Lieutenant During Traffic Stop. / 'mr President Is Working For Fulanis To Takeover Nigerian', Gov Ortom Alleges / RSUST Student Murder : Police Arrests 300L Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.