Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Is This TV Original Or Fake? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This TV Original Or Fake? (3301 Views)

Covid-19 Relief Fund Application Form.. Real Or Fake? / Banggood Ecommerce Website Real Or Fake? / Is This Nairaland Account Real Or Fake ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 10:53am On Apr 17, 2020
I just got it yesterday and just had The time to unveil it.

Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2020
More pictures.

Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 10:56am On Apr 17, 2020
The box.

Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by catwalq(f): 10:58am On Apr 17, 2020
remi4ever:
I just got it yesterday and just had The time to unveil it.

The model and serial numbers should have been impressed on to the carton and not typed and pasted to the carton like I'm seeing,except my eyes are failing me.

But wasn't it gotten from a showroom or a licensed dealer?
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 11:33am On Apr 17, 2020
catwalq:

The model and serial numbers should have impressed on to the carton and not typed and pasted to the carton like I'm seeing,except my eyes are failing me.

But wasn't it gotten from a showroom or a licensed dealer?
HI, your eyes aren't failing you.
I got it from a store, he sells Televisions in ilorin.
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by nakedweapon: 11:29am On Jan 02, 2023
Hi bro. I am about to buy this same tv. Did the one you bought fail you or is it still working well?

1 Like

Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2023
nakedweapon:
Hi bro. I am about to buy this same tv. Did the one you bought fail you or is it still working well?

Hello, it is still working. Although it's not the original LG but it serves. Although I have since upgraded to Hisense Smart TV and I gave this to my sister.
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by nakedweapon: 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2023
remi4ever:

Hello, it is still working. Although it's not the original LG but it serves. Although I have since upgraded to Hisense Smart TV and I gave this to my sister. Ok my brother. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by nakedweapon: 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2023
nakedweapon:
Ok my brother . Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by nakedweapon: 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2023
Ok my brother. Thank you.
remi4ever:

Hello, it is still working. Although it's not the original LG but it serves. Although I have since upgraded to Hisense Smart TV and I gave this to my sister.

2 Likes

Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by Reddington(m): 4:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
remi4ever:

So glad I found this post. There has been debate regarding picture quality being poor. Yes the TV "serves" but what of the picture quality. Is it crisp & contrasty like the original LG TVs?
Hoping for your response bro.. 🙏
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
Reddington:

So glad I found this post. There has been debate regarding picture quality being poor. Yes the TV "serves" but what of the picture quality. Is is crisp & contrasty like original line original LG TVs?
Hoping for your response bro.. 🙏

Picture quality is great. 720p.

I used to hookup my ps4 to it and it plays well. Sound is okay too, not the best, but works just fine.

It's been over 2 years now and no issue whatsoever.
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by Reddington(m): 10:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
remi4ever:

Picture quality is great. 720p.

I used to hookup my ps4 to it and it plays well. Sound is okay too, not the best, but works just fine.

It's been over 2 years now and no issue whatsoever.

Thanks for your response bro, but Wait... 720P? Ain't that too poor & way behind compared to present TVs?
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
Reddington:

Thanks for your response bro, but Wait... 720P? Ain't that too poor & way behind compared to present TVs?

While most televisions now have a resolution of 1080p, there are some high-end models that support 4K. However, when you play 720p content on your TV, you may find that the picture quality is still satisfactory
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by Reddington(m): 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
remi4ever:

While most televisions now have a resolution of 1080p, there are some high-end models that support 4K. However, when you play 720p content on your TV, you may find that the picture quality is still satisfactory

Well "satisfactory" is very subjective in this case...
I actually made out some time today to visit TV shops, just to check out this particular "LG" Tv. Found one dealer and was able to convince him to unbox the tv and power it on just so I can see the display color quality, promising him that once I find it satisfactory, I will make full payment immediately and leave his shop with the TV. He quickly agreed, and guess what, as he powered the TV on, everything from the UI setup and background colour was off and poor quality. When he finally played a video via flash drive, I had no other option but to quickly tell him to shut it down, repackage it and not bother anymore: picture quality was of extremely low quality, colors look washed out. I seriously doubt the resolution is even up to720P as you claimed. I couldn't imagine watching the TV more than 60secs. My cousin's foreign-used 32inches Samsung is miles ahead. To cut it short, the fake Chinese LG tv is a big nah for me, and I guess it is the same for consumers who don't compromise on quality.

Spent nealy 2hrs probing the electrical market and 98% of the so called LG tvs are all fake...cheap Chinese copies. The only genuine LG Tvs I was able to find are the older foreign-used models which you can easily confirm from their immensely super color displays and UI setup plus, LG logo and SN boldly engraved on them. Some of these Tvs include LG 32LH3000, 32LH2000, 32LD320 and some old genuine Samsungs too. Yes, most of these series are roughly 13yrs old with thick bezels and not smart TVs, but their display colour quality is still far superior than recent LG/Samsung TV clones that have sadly infiltrated the market.

I'm still trying to decide between outrightly going for genuine LG Tvs (very costly) from accredited LG showrooms which is allover my city or settling for the older series. Decision yet to me made.
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
Reddington:

Well "satisfactory" is very subjective in this case...
I actually made out some time today to visit TV shops, just to check out this particular "LG" Tv. Found one dealer and was able to convince him to unbox the tv and power it on just so I can see the display color quality, promising him that once I find it satisfactory, I will make full payment immediately and leave his shop with the TV. He quickly agreed, and guess what, as he powered the TV on, everything from the UI setup and background colour was off and poor quality. When he finally played a video via flash drive, I had no other option but to quickly tell him to shut it down, repackage it and not bother anymore: picture quality was of extremely low quality, colors look washed out. I seriously doubt the resolution is even up to720P as you claimed. I couldn't imagine watching the TV more than 60secs. My cousin's foreign-used 32inches Samsung is miles ahead. To cut it short, the fake Chinese LG tv is a big nah for me, and I guess it is the same for consumers who don't compromise on quality.

Spent nealy 2hrs probing the electrical market and 98% of the so called LG tvs are all fake...cheap Chinese copies. The only genuine LG Tvs I was able to find are the older foreign-used models which you can easily confirm from their immensely super color displays and UI setup plus, LG logo and SN boldly engraved on them. Some of these Tvs include LG 32LH3000, 32LH2000, 32LD320 and some old genuine Samsungs too. Yes, most of these series are roughly 13yrs old with thick bezels and not smart TVs, but their display colour quality is still far superior than recent LG/Samsung TV clones that have sadly infiltrated the market.

I'm still trying to decide between outrightly going for genuine LG Tvs (very costly) from accredited LG showrooms which is allover my city or settling for the older series. Decision yet to me made.

Bro, it's satisfactory. Maybe you came across a faulty unit.

I used to game on it. I've a 43 inches hisense now.

If you have the cash get an original.
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by Reddington(m): 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
remi4ever:

Bro, it's satisfactory. Maybe you came across a faulty unit.

I used to game on it. I've a 43 inches hisense now.

If you have the cash get an original.
Nope. It's exactly what you have up there in your post. 2 units tested.. Exactly same colour.
I'm going for the original or foreign-used Samsung..
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 8:58am On Feb 09, 2023
Reddington:

Nope. It's precisely what you have up there in your post. 2 units tested.. Exactly the same colour.
I'm going for the original or foreign-used Samsung..

When I have the time I will get the images from my old set for you.
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by Olunonso(m): 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2023
remi4ever:
More pictures.
Can it work with firetv stick?
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2023
Olunonso:
Can it work with firetv stick?

I guess.. Firestick is a dongle. Should work on any TV.
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by Adex2442: 4:40pm On Jan 14
remi4ever:

How's yr Hisense smart tv? Does it still work well?
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 6:31pm On Jan 14
Adex2442:

How's yr Hisense smart tv? Does it still work well?

Very very.. No issue whatsoever.
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by Adex2442: 1:11am On Jan 15
remi4ever:

Very very.. No issue whatsoever.

Cool cos i.have read a lot of complaints on Hisense tvs. People are even saying run away from it
Which Hisense TV do u have bro
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by remi4ever(m): 6:27am On Jan 15
Adex2442:

Cool cos i.have read a lot of complaints on Hisense tvs. People are even saying run away from it
Which Hisense TV do u have bro

Wow.. I've never heard that. 43 A6, Smart Tv. I'm contemplating selling it to get the bigger 55 inches sef.
Re: Is This TV Original Or Fake? by Adex2442: 11:10am On Jan 15
remi4ever:

Wow.. I've never heard that. 43 A6, Smart Tv. I'm contemplating selling it to get the bigger 55 inches sef.

Okay. I bought the 65inch u6h

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Dumbest Poster On Nairaland? / Nigerians and Honorific Titles / Male Prostitution Causes Rise In Sale Of Pampers In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.