Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government (27741 Views)

Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos / Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Jokerman(m): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
No wonder the Lord Jesus said judgement will start from the church

Is this how the apostles did in the Bible...?? Why are these churches becoming political sef... What the hell??

Can these ones stand in the tribulation so??
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by neonly: 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
FASASI1:

Must you include Muslim in it??

Sorry was just over reacting thks sha
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Correcto: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
I am a Catholic and I know what you said here is true. However, I still don't want the church to donate to government until every Christian is okay.
Escalze:
People here condemning the church don't know that every week, parishes map out a day to feed poor people from what people use as offerings. It has been happening and didn't really start with COVID19.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Kuginzi: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
Clement111:
Exactly, i also wonder oo Dear
They don't do eye service
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by AngelDo: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
Did you read the article at all....they mentioned that they have mandated all the parishes to reach out to the people under them which are ongoing..........I guess this one to the govt is to extend to non Catholics and non Christians...

neonly:
Catholic is finished they join the wicked pastors not caring abt der own always ass licking d government soon those materials will given to Muslim APC supporters
we I have given up on religion since 2015 when I had issues ?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Joesaleh28: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
Total stupidity y would the not give to there church members they are giving it to this corrupt government ���

1 Like

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Kuginzi: 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
But donating to the poor people directly without going through the government would have been the best option.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by fadar095(m): 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
I see it as a show off Why did they donate to the government and not directly to the needy?? Our religious leaders are now among the fraudulent political leaders
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Adufeamos: 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
Why Eye service to govt every where.....U pple shud give relief material to the masses directly.God bless u dat way hmmmm��
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by neonly: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
dododawa1:
please tell us the issue, maybe we can learn from it

Had issues once went to church for prayer and support pastor told me to go and pray on d alter dat God will answer me dat since am not a tithe payer
It a long story sha wife was d one dat told me to go in d first instance I just went home straight
In my mind I knew all dis people are scams but had a lot of respect for Catholic
Was born der was a mass servant der for more than 30yrs
Went to Catholic school pry and secondary all free
But now am losing dat respect for them
Dat kind money can be use to buy food stuff and share among the parish instead of giving it to people dat you know will disappear it in der pocket

1 Like

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by mrtender: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nice one
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by ceasare: 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
Even if d archbishop still ask all d 180 parishes to extend to their flocks this 1 they gv govt is uncalled for they shd hv just gone round d state and share it to whoever needs it than giving it to govt!!! We know it will end in d store of d devils that it was given to share to d populace.

In other climes humanitarian goods are never tampered with no matter how bad d administrator might think they are.they mk sure it gets to d recipient but here devil reigns supreme!
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Coronavirus84: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Deyybuh:
This is great
This is not great in a country like Nigeria, the palliatives package will be embezzle by the government official and it will not get to the poor
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Bobyro: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Man naturally is a politician. At least they gave something
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by neonly: 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
AngelDo:
Did you read the article at all....they mentioned that they have mandated all the parishes to reach out to the people under them which are ongoing..........I guess this one to the govt is to extend to non Catholics and non Christians...

Between me and you dat money don disappear already why can't they reach out to most parish and make donations der since most of d parish are not boyant
All na just a way of finding favor from FG
FG wey no send them
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by square7: 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
ikorodureporta:
smiley

Cupid people that do not give will always love to control how and why others generously give.
Funningly, grabbers will always complain when you give and when you don't give, since the opportunity to quickly grab doesn't present itself.
KUDOS AND BLESSINGS TO ALL THAT HAS GIVEN EITHER DIRECTLY TO THE GOVT OR THE PEOPLE IN THEIR QUATERS OR THE BEGGARS BY THE ROAD.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by edoairways: 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2020
Escalze:
People here condemning the church don't know that every week, parishes map out a day to feed poor people from what people use as offerings. It has been happening and didn't really start with COVID19.
Don't mind them. The church give they complain,they don't give they complain They give to their members they complain

1 Like

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by neonly: 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Muslims no dey do donation?

T
We have some dat do donation too but very few and they give directly to d needy not government thiefs
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Steady259(m): 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
My account balance says it all, pls help a family man.

Got plenty mouth to feed.
Anything will be go a long way

0802925365 Access

God bless you

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Luizkid:
No problem giving to the Government to support the fight but the Parishioners are right, Charity ought to have begun from home.

Right from the article:

"The Archbishop later revealed that the support offered to Lagos State Government was in addition to the provisions for the poor that he directed the over 180 parishes of the Archdiocese to make in their different localities spread all over the State."

Also, this isn't from a parish, but from the archdiocese covering the entire state.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by PapaAdanna: 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
Rubbish

Instead of distributing to your congregants

1 Like

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Vivuch: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wow!! See my priest Fr Godonu!! Very nice priest.
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Iruosonobrugwhe: 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
he Archbishop later revealed that the support offered to Lagos State Government was in addition to the provisions for the poor that he directed the over 180 parishes of the Archdiocese to make in their different localities spread all over the State. He commended the Priests and the faithful of the different Parishes for taking action on the directive, thereby revealing Jesus’ love of the poor in the provisions they are making for the people.

About 78 smaller parishes that could not afford to make the provisions without some support were assisted with various sums of money from the nearly 10million naira that was raised from the Archbishop’s Appeal to the faithful at the beginning of the lockdown. He expressed gratitude to the lay faithful who within a short period of time helped him to raise the money

santori:

the excuses you are giving is very lame. I believe they say charity begins at home,

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Vivuch: 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2020
Those People condemning are mad. Last week Saturday, Holy family church Festac was sharing food stuffs to people, whether you're parishioner or not, all the beggars in Agboju market full there.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by cookingsoul(m): 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
igbos nd wickedness nah 5&6.seem dem dey vex bcuz nah yoruba state forgetting d same ipob idiots all left their God forsaken village nd ran to lagos.igbos nd evil heart nah da same

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
neonly:
Catholic is finished they join the wicked pastors not caring abt der own always ass licking d government soon those materials will given to Muslim APC supporters
we I have given up on religion since 2015 when I had issues ?
Catholic gave the people and the government
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
Mtcheew all this ass licking christain leaders
Is it rocket science to share to your parishioners directly ? undecided
They share indoor and outdoor
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Larcardii(f): 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
This one is rubbish...giving to d govt??
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by AsawanaDgreat: 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
People will always have critics, weather good or bad.
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by enemyofprogress: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
As usual they are going to be shared amongst the government officials

Dominique how you see am?
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by abidem4real: 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
ikorodureporta:
As Seen Online:
Archdiocese of Lagos Donates Relief Materials to Lagos State Government

The Catholic Archbishop of Lagos, Most Rev Dr Alfred Adewale Martins, on behalf of the Archdiocese of Lagos, has donated some relief materials to Lagos State Government in support of its efforts to provide assistance to the poor and contain the coronavirus pandemic. The items included 500 bags of rice and beans and 4000 hand sanitizers. In alignment with the CBCN, he also announced the decision to make St Raphael Divine Mercy Hospital, Ijede available for use as an isolation centre if the need arises.

While presenting the materials to the wife of Lagos State Governor, Dr (Mrs) Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu at the State House, Marina, the Chancellor of the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, Very Rev Msgr Anthony Obanla, who represented the Archbishop commended the Governor and the Government of Lagos State for the proactive steps that have been taken since the first index case was identified in the State.

The Archbishop said“We commend the hard work that has been done in ensuring that we are a model state in the effort to stem the spread of the virus. We also commend the effort that has been made to provide palliatives to support the most vulnerable among us. However, we cannot but admit that providing for all the people in our state is a herculean task and it must create its own nightmare for the government. So, as a Church, we hear the cry of the people as well as understand the challenges of Government.”

Archbishop Martins noted that the task of managing the pandemic and taking care of the less-privileged was enormous and so government should be supported, hence the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Lagos decided to show her support in order to ease the pain of poor and vulnerable within the state. While noting that it is the tradition of the Catholic Church all over the world, led by Pope Francis, to make her own contribution to social welfare especially in moments of difficulties such as this, he said: “Today, we wish to present these cartons of 4000 Hand sanitisers and these bags of food items to support the State Government in taking care of our people.

Responding, Dr (Mrs) Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu, on behalf of her husband, thanked the Catholic Church for its kind gesture and assured that the donated items will be properly utilized for the purposes they were meant for.

Msgr Anthony Obanla was accompanied on the visit by the Director of Social Communications, Rev Fr Anthony Godonu; the Holy Cross Cathedral Administrator Very Rev Fr Marcellinus Teko and Secretary to the Archbishop Rev Fr Vitalis Ezeigwe.

The Archbishop later revealed that the support offered to Lagos State Government was in addition to the provisions for the poor that he directed the over 180 parishes of the Archdiocese to make in their different localities spread all over the State. He commended the Priests and the faithful of the different Parishes for taking action on the directive, thereby revealing Jesus’ love of the poor in the provisions they are making for the people.

About 78 smaller parishes that could not afford to make the provisions without some support were assisted with various sums of money from the nearly 10million naira that was raised from the Archbishop’s Appeal to the faithful at the beginning of the lockdown. He expressed gratitude to the lay faithful who within a short period of time helped him to raise the money.

The Archbishop commended all those who took part in the 7days of Prayer and Fasting and the prayer of Divine Mercy before the Paschal Triduum. He then encouraged all the faithful to continue praying the rosary as well as the Prayer for an end to the Coronavirus Pandemic with the assurance that God would not fail to listen to our petitions.

Signed.

Rev. Fr Anthony Godonu,
Director of Social Communications,
Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos.

https://lagosarchdiocese.org/newsdetail.php?tab=346
These people are just seeking cheap popularity or better still they want merciful eyes of the government one of these days. If not, these relief materials ought to be taken to the needy themselves and not those who would share them among their party faithfuls
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by vr0xen: 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
ikorodureporta:
So na Ikorodu good for isolation centre

before nko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Synagogue Church Of All Nations Caught Selling Fake Miracles In Britain / Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? / Judgement Time: Olumba Obu Open Letter To The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.