Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? (11662 Views)

Christmas & New Year Cookies Promo! / Which Of This Cookies Do You Think Is The Sweetest? / ~ Favourite Biscuits/Cookies ?~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by ayanah(f): 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
How do you make your own cookies? please i need an answer from an expert. Thanks
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by cookie27: 6:35am On Jan 14, 2011
This is my basic cookie recipe.
1 cup Butter (Softened)
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 Egg (lightly beaten)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Almond extract
2 1/2 cups Flour
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts. Stir in flour; mix well. Chill for several hours. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2 or 3 inch heart shaped cookie cutter or any other you have. Place on ungreased baking sheets; sprinkle with sugar, if desired. Bake at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by ayanah(f): 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2011
thank you very much cookies 27, i really appreciate. i will try the method and post you the result.
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by tpia6: 12:41am On Jan 17, 2011
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by CrazyMan(m): 1:48am On Jan 17, 2011
Good write up recipe.

Problem is how to but all those ingredients; they’re really scarce you know
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by cookie27: 5:09am On Jan 17, 2011
@crazyman; They aren't. you can get them from any baker's shop around. and you can substitute margarine for the butter which is expensive. the only thing is you won't get the same flavor or texture. but you'll still get delicious cookies!
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by cookie27: 5:33am On Jan 17, 2011
Here's another recipe; this one's for chocolate chip cookies.
1 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour and chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by ayanah(f): 10:45am On Jan 17, 2011
@cookie27, this method is in batter form and cookie cutter cannot be used. but i think someone can use piping bag instead of the spoon for a very good shape. but the problem with the piping bag is that those fruits in the mixture will block the mouth of piping nossel and wont come out fine. So what should i do if i really want to use piping bag? should i just mix and pipe it without those fruit in it and later use the fruit to decorate it before baking? Thanks.
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by cookie27: 1:18am On Jan 25, 2011
I suppose you could try that, although you'd risk ruining the shape when you try to press the chips in after piping.
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by Nelson6(m): 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2011
i wish i know how to bake, i love baked foods
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by ayanah(f): 11:10am On Feb 01, 2011
@nelson, then be my guest.
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by ayanah(f): 11:21am On Feb 01, 2011
@cookie27, i'v tried both methods they really came out fine. everyone was just asking how and i told them the recipe is secret. thanks to you cookie27 you are really an expert. i wish u could post me more of ur cookies recipe.
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by iice(f): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2011
Ahhh brings back memories. Been a while i baked. Love baking considering my sweet tooth.
Favorite is butter cookies and oatmeal cookies kiss kiss
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by CrazyMan(m): 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2011
cookie27:

@crazyman; They aren't. you can get them from any baker's shop around. and you can substitute margarine for the butter which is expensive. the only thing is you won't get the same flavor or texture. but you'll still get delicious cookies!
Alright, thanks wink
Re: How Do You Make Your Own Cookies? by Arlington(f): 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2011
1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)

Quaker's Best Oatmeal Cookies.
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Add oats and pecan nuts or substitute with rasins mix well(when you add the oats it becomes very thick so mix with a large spoon)

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes for a chewy cookie or 12 to 14minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

(1) (Reply)

Yogurt Fans Come On In! / Pepsi Or Coke: Which Do You Prefer? / What Did You Eat Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.