Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? (11426 Views)

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) / How Many Times Do You Eat In A Day? / How Many Times Do You Eat In A Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by helinues: 8:41pm On May 03, 2023
For some years now, I have realized there are some things we can't form yanga to

Food
Sleep
Urinating
Defecating

Forget about your status or how rich you are, you can't send people on errand to do that for you.

You see the food part, some people can't even remember when they eat their favorite meal not to talk of when the prepared it.

2x in a day cooking. I love my food hot

How many times do you cook in a week?

16 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Corridon: 8:44pm On May 03, 2023
helinues:
For some years now, I have realized there are some things we can't form yanga to

Food
Sleep
Urinating
Defecating

Forget about your status or how rich you are, you can't send people on errand to do that for you.

You see the food part, some people can't even remember when they eat their favorite meal not to talk of when the prepared it.

2x in a day cooking. I love my food hot

How many times do you cook in a week?
I guess you ain't married?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Zonefree(m): 8:44pm On May 03, 2023
Two times in a day cooking for a man is absurd. Seems you have all the time in the world?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Dliquidmetal(m): 8:45pm On May 03, 2023
I cook almost everyday for myself
I work indoors,gotta practice and get better at it

14 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by helinues: 8:46pm On May 03, 2023
Corridon:

Even if you are married, except if you are not an adventurous that your wife will always be around you

6 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by brain54(m): 8:46pm On May 03, 2023
You cook twice daily…

Like two times every day?

Guy!

15 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 03, 2023
I don’t even have a gas cylinder

69 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by helinues: 8:48pm On May 03, 2023
Zonefree:
Two times in a day cooking for a man is absurd. Seems you have all the time in the world?

Walahi, I go still work, dey on NL, watch movies and documentaries.

I found Luke Combs mix today, very good music for napping

In Dalong's voice, every time is well spended

grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by helinues: 8:49pm On May 03, 2023
brain54:
You cook twice daily…

Like two times every day?

Guy!

Cooking now self.

I only eat twice in a day. So that 2 times cooking must be eaten when still hot..

Which excuse would I have to be forming busy on food that will renew the dieing cells?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Corridon: 8:49pm On May 03, 2023
Zonefree:

He's not. Helinues be like person wey fit attract woman for your eyes

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Corridon: 8:50pm On May 03, 2023
helinues:

Even if you are married, except if you are not an adventurous that your wife will always be around you
I understand. What's that your favorite food again? Amala I think?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by brain54(m): 8:51pm On May 03, 2023
helinues:

Cooking now self.

I only eat twice in a day. So that 2 times cooking must be eaten when still hot
Ok. Maybe you work from home…

Or something!

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by helinues: 8:52pm On May 03, 2023
brain54:

Ok. Maybe you work from home…

Or something!

Should that be an excuse even if you are working outside house. We are talking about food here

3 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Zonefree(m): 8:52pm On May 03, 2023
Corridon:
The only recognized Prince in Lagos grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Modifire(m): 8:53pm On May 03, 2023
Corridon:
6times for a single hustling guy
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Corridon: 8:53pm On May 03, 2023
Zonefree:

The only recognized Prince in Lagos grin grin
Have you eaten it before?
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Corridon: 8:54pm On May 03, 2023
Modifire:

6times for a single hustling guy
Six times per day? You are joking.
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by helinues: 8:54pm On May 03, 2023
Corridon:

I realized we Nigerians don't have recipe for food. I have been watching village cooking channel, likely India or Pakistan, when you see the ingredients those people add to their food, they must definitely live older than us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Corridon: 8:55pm On May 03, 2023
helinues:

I realized we Nigerians don't have recipe for food. I have been watching village cooking channel, likely India or Pakistan, when you see the ingredients those people add to their food, they must definitely live older than us
I still prefer old recipes than all these fast food junks.

5 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Zonefree(m): 8:55pm On May 03, 2023
Corridon:
Have you eaten it before?
Not really.

I prefer Akpu with Ofe Owerri.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On May 03, 2023
helinues:
2x in a day cooking. I love my food hot, How many times do you cook in a week?
1. You like cooking? Or, you no get microwave? undecided

5 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Modifire(m): 8:56pm On May 03, 2023
Corridon:
Six times per day? You are joking.
In a week now guy

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by brain54(m): 8:57pm On May 03, 2023
helinues:

Should that be an excuse even if you are working outside house. We are talking about food here
I meant time…

By the way have you thought of cooking and storing in the fridge.

Then you can microwave and eat. That way the food is still “hot”

Or that doesn’t count?

Anyway that’s what I do most times. Saves me stress of cooking always and also time.

I guess maybe cooking is your hobby though!

2 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Corridon: 8:57pm On May 03, 2023
Modifire:

In a week now guy
Ok. I thought you meant daily.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On May 03, 2023
helinues:
Make one! undecided
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by helinues: 8:57pm On May 03, 2023
Corridon:
I still prefer old recipes than all these fast food junks.

Fast food ke, what's the meaning of outside food. I cook tyhe food I eat. Outing eating in a month shouldn't be less than 3 times.

When it's come to food, it's not about what is available but what I feel like, it's not about cooking for cooking sake, there are expectations of taste

9 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Corridon: 8:58pm On May 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You like cooking? Or, you no get microwave? undecided
What kind of stupid question is this? So he should start telling you about everything in his house or what? Get sense.

11 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Corridon: 9:01pm On May 03, 2023
helinues:

Fast food ke, what's the meaning of outside food. I cook tyhe food I eat. Outing eating in a month shouldn't be less than 3 times.

When it's come to food, it's not about what is available but what I feel like, it's not about cooking for cooking sake, there are expectations of taste
You misunderstood me. I said I still prefer eating old traditional recipes than these newly introduced fast foods. I'm not talking about eating outside or not.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by helinues: 9:05pm On May 03, 2023
Corridon:
You misunderstood me. I said I still prefer eating old traditional recipes than these newly introduced fast foods. I'm not talking about eating outside or not.

But we don't have much recipe in Nigeria, that's what I am saying. Apart from maggi and may some local one or two, that's all, those village cooking channels can add like 7-10 recipes which are not common in Nigeria.

Avocado for example, I can't do without it which is not common in Nigeria. For one to know how healthy Avocado is, if you cut it I to half and the weather is good, after ,3 days it will still look fresh
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by pocohantas(f): 9:28pm On May 03, 2023
helinues:

But we don't have much recipe in Nigeria, that's what I am saying. Apart from maggi and may some local one or two, that's all, those village cooking channels can add like 7-10 recipes which are not common in Nigeria.

Avocado for example, I can't do without it which is not common in Nigeria. For one to know how healthy Avocado is, if you cut it I to half and the weather is good, after ,3 days it will still look fresh

You are mistaking ingredients/seasonings for recipe.

Recipe is the ratio of added ingredients and the process to achieve that meal. Technically, you can't add 7-10 recipes to a meal.

Take two cups of water and add to a pot. Leave to boil and add 50g of Penne - that is recipe.

Salt, knorr cubes, paprika, garlic - Ingredients/Seasoning

We have our own local ingredients, we also have the ones that are considered foreign. However, the type of meals you use them for are not our typical Naija food.

Avocado is common in Nigeria. Nigerians are simply averse to fruits.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by helinues: 9:31pm On May 03, 2023
pocohantas:

You are mistaking ingredients/seasonings for recipe.

Recipe is the ratio of added ingredients and the process to achieve that meal. Techilnically, you can't add 7-10 recipes to a meal.

We have our own local ingredients, we also have the ones that are considered foreign. However, the type of meals you use them for are not our typical Naija food.

Avocado is common in Nigeria. Nigerians are simply averse to fruits.

Avocado common at which part of Nigeria, I have asked several people, they never heard of it before not to talk know about it.

Is there any difference between recipe and ingredients?

Do we mess around with flour in Nigeria? Apart from bread what other food do we produce with flour? Forget about the restaurant, I am talking about home cook

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Watermelon Juice Vs Orange Juice, Which Is Your Favourite? / What Is The Most Popular Nigerian Dish? / Why Is Corn Being Sold For N50?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.