Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago (2528 Views)

Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria / The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) / "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Explorers(m): 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lady Liberty was designed by sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi in 1870.

But its internal structure was engineered by famed architect Gustave Eiffel in 1879.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8217019/Original-hand-drawn-plans-Statue-Liberty-minute-design-changes.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Explorers(m): 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
The arm holding the touch.

The documents contained 22 original engineering drawings of the statue with handwritten annotations and calculations.

Gustave Eiffel in picture.

4 Likes

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Explorers(m): 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
The Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World) is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on the Liberty Island in New York Harbor in New York, in the United States.

The copper statue, a gift from the people of France to the people of the United States, was designed by French sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi 1870 and its metal framework was built by Gustave Eiffel in 1879.

The statue was dedicated on October 28, 1886.

The statue is a figure of Libertas, a robed Roman liberty goddess.

She holds a torch above her head with her right hand, and in her left hand carries a tablet (tabula ansata) inscribed JULY IV MDCCLXXVI (July 4, 1776 in Roman numerals), the date of the U.S. Declaration of Independence.

A broken shackle and chain lie at her feet as she walks forward, commemorating the recent national abolition of slavery.

After its dedication, the statue became an icon of freedom and of the United States, seen as a symbol of welcome to immigrants arriving by sea.

The Statue also attracts around 4million visitors every year from around the world.

9 Likes

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Eife(m): 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
cool
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Garrieveryday: 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nice
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by dynicks(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
EXPLORERS on the beats again!!

Infact Mr Explorer for minister of INFORMATION 2023!!

This guy should just pick interest and believe you me, he surely would attain that height....Currently there are over 2,455,508 members here on nairaland(some of which are humans and some ghosts grin) which I'm sure would vote for him....

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by airminem(f): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
grin Explorer you are good at what you know.

Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Makavelli25: 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
I park here
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by AJOBI77(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
When architecture was quite tedious and at the same time interesting and engaging

2 Likes

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Mhimi007(m): 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
Am i among the few that always look foward to this our oga's posts
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Romanoff(f): 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
There's this shiver I get when I see the statue on movies. Maybe it's cause of what it stands for.

I first felt drawn to the statue in Michael Jackson's "Black or White" video.

1 Like

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Khaytunechi: 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
Interesting
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
A wise man once said...

If you want to be wise, read all of Explorers' posts on Nairaland.

Keep it up, man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by obiekunie2: 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
imagine making this designs and calculations without the use of computer.

heaven knows how long it took them to perfect it.

but now with computers, the designs will be made and tested against all weather and natural conditions and disasters - all done within weeks!

science has really tried.

7 Likes

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Ogegeodey(m): 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
What is the actual size of this statue?
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Explorers(m): 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Romanoff:
There's this shiver I get when I see the statue on movies.

So im not alone.....I first got mine from this movie in 1998.

I saw the movie more that 100 times.

Years later, someone educated me about what the lady was staring at in the movie.

1 Like

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by horlahsunbo225(m): 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Gather here if you are longing to see the statue on real life

Explorers on the beat

1 Like

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by DanseMacabre(m): 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lemme park here first, because by my analysis, there's a 94.73% chance of this thread gracing FP.

Btw, I'd always thought the statue was given to America by the Marquis de Lafayette.
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by chelseamann(m): 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wonderful
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by rali123(f): 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
Interesting...
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by cassbeat(m): 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
Everyone is just parking here buh no one is paying for the parking space... Oya where una money??

2 Likes

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by seunlayi(m): 5:26am On Apr 18, 2020
A statue that gives poodle renewed hope for liberty
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by iomoge2(f): 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
Explorers:

So im not alone.....I first got mine from this movie in 1998.

I saw the movie more that 100 times.

Years later, someone educated me about what the lady was staring at in the movie.

what was she staring at please
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Jokerman(m): 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
Wow... See Engineering designs without Engineering softwares.. grin

Knowledge has really improved as these designs can be done in 30mins to 1hr

Engineering ingenuity....
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by feelgoodstuffs(m): 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
Looking at the picture,.. MJ comes to mind. God help me I will be there live very soon.

1 Like

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Explorers(m): 5:17am On Apr 19, 2020
iomoge2:
what was she staring at please

The statue.

3 Likes

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by julioralph(m): 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
Impressive.
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
grin
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Moneywirer: 3:39am On Apr 20, 2020
I'd love to get an up close view of this great statue and also feel it someday
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Mindlog: 5:42am On Apr 20, 2020
And they preserved this historic drawings.
Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Explorers(m): 7:58am On Apr 20, 2020
Jokerman:
Wow... See Engineering designs without Engineering softwares.. grin

Knowledge has really improved as these designs can be done in 30mins to 1hr

Engineering ingenuity....

Took them years then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Original Hand-drawn Plan Of NewYork Statue Of Liberty From 150-Years-Ago by Pharaoh350s(m): 8:40am On Apr 20, 2020
Nigeria civil engineers over to you
Imagine 1870 this guys are far ahead of us

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Renew My Passport Within 2weeks / Austrian Study Forum / At Last! Naija Has Lost And Found Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.