Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency (965 Views)

Kukah Replies Presidency: Even Buhari’s Wife Disagrees With His Policies / ‘We Make Arms Locally’ – IPOB Replies Presidency On Arms Allegation / Restructuring: Effective Leaders Listen, Sam Adeyemi Replies Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by nairavsdollars(f): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
Senator representing Borno South senatorial district in the National Assembly, Ali Ndume, has said he would offer no recant on his claim that the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadia Umar Farouq, has not been transparent in her management and disbursement of the palliative to mitigate the suffering of poor Nigerians over the coronavirus pandemic.

Speaking with newsmen on Wednesday in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, the Chairman, Senate Committee on Army, called on President Muhammadu Buhari to dissolve the Palliatives Measures Committee and give it to a separate team that would connect diligently with the 36 states governors.

He said:” My concern is the manner and the way the COVID-19 palliative measures provided by the president is being handled or executed. We have received numerous complaints and it is actually very unfortunate.”

He was however upbraided by Malam Garba Shehu, media aide of President Buhari who accused Senator Ndume of making wild allegation that he could not substantiate.

But Ndume, in a telephone interview with Tribune Online on Friday said he was not ready to join issues with anybody having made his observations known.

“I’m not ready to join issues with anybody on palliatives distribution having made my observations known based on information I got from the grassroots as a grassroots person. I’ve made my position known on the programme and I stand by it,” he said.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/i-stand-by-my-statement-on-covid-19-palliatives-fraud-ndume-replies-presidency/

Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by DanseMacabre(m): 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
While I'm of the opinion that the Minister has been grossly untransparent as regards the so-called distribution of palliatives, I'm also strongly of the opinion, going by past antecedents of our undistinguished lawmakers, that these senators have been left out of the largesse, hence their outcry.

Believe that this whole hullabaloo is in the interest of the masses at your own risk.

2 Likes

Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by oganology33(m): 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
The only one thing we always get right is not getting any damn thing right. . .always.

1 Like

Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by bid4rich(m): 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
The truth is that nobody is absolutely transparent when it comes to the issue of presidency.

2 Likes

Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by kkkp: 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
Outcry from the senators cuz they were not carried along. They prefer FG to share the money to them as constituency project

1 Like

Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by Zendinho(m): 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
I hope they have not joined our club...

THE WAILING WAILERS....
Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by Pubichairs(m): 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
PDP failed Nigerians ,despite we had reasonable leader then

APC's failure is Cancerous, Animals are also not spared in this mediocre administration

cheesy When I mean ANIMALS, I'm referring to APC supporters... This country is a. Failure nothing is gonna work anymore, the system is forever corrupt..

WE NO KNOW WHO BE WHO ANYMORE..
Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by PureGoldh(m): 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Breeze don blow...we go soon see fowl yansh
Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by sapientia(m): 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Heyyyy

Boko Sponsor, how far na?

Well, we know.

Buhari cannot be transparent.

He even surrounded himself with shady people.

Uses remote control to win elections.

Yet to find the technology Gandollars used to stuff dollars inside his agbadollars.

Even NASS is amazed at how SIP is being handled.

Buhari that said FOI forbids listing names of his palliatives beneficiaries but taking pictures with them is allowed.

Buhari is not corrupt.

He is a thief.

2 Likes

Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
The more you look, the less you see.
Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by LibertyRep: 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
The NASS should institute a powerful probe into the NSIP once and for all. Otherwise there actions may be misinterpreted as trying to bully the minister into submitting the fund to them.

Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by collab: 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
God will help us in this country called Nigeria.
Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by Garrieveryday: 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
Following
Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by Racoon(m): 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ali Ndume himself is not clean yet he is accusing the fraudulent government he helped to institute as a fraud.
Guess a bigger thief have outsmarted a little thief.

1 Like

Re: I Stand By My Statement On COVID-19 Palliatives Fraud, Ndume Replies Presidency by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nigeria is a case of thief accusing thief. Another thief applauding the accused while the a fourth thief applauds the accuser .

At the end of the day, is all about thieves and their stealing.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Oyetola Appoints Amitolu DG Amotekun Corps, Tinubu As DG BOSS / Party Chair: APC Powerbrokers May Change Zoning Formula / EDO 2020 300 Pastors Endorse Gov. Obaseki for Reelection (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.