Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,070 members, 7,956,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:04 AM

Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate (46642 Views)

Doctor Edward Gbemudu Dies Of COVID-19 Disease / "If You Have Visited Our Abuja Regional Office In The Last 5 Days, Self-isolate" / COVID-19: Participants At The Recent AVMCA Might Be Exposed, Should Self-Isolate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by 9jaRealist: 8:39am On Apr 18, 2020
eyinjuege:

The dead Dr carried out an emergency Csection on a pregnant woman, who unfortunately had covid. He was also an asthmatic
He wasnt treating the patient as a covid patient, but was trying to save mother and child, and the relatives also lied about that patient.
My advice is that Drs should treat anyone coming into their hospital as a probable corona virus carrier even if they come in with something else entirely.
Wear your masks, PPE to see every single patient.

Agree on the highlighted...

Problem was when the doctor started showing symptoms of Covid, he and his staff didn’t contact the NCDC but rather tried to take care of it in-house, and it wasn’t until he was already in extreme distress before they took him to LUTH isolation ward/ICU. May his soul Rest In Peace.
>
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 18, 2020
Between 11th and 15th April.

5 good days.

Possible contacts

1. His family members (2)

2. Hospital staff (1doc, 3 nurses, 1 cleaner)

3. Other hospital visitors assuming he was in an open ward (5)

4. Taxi driver or what ever means that ferried him to hospital (1).
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by 7lives: 8:47am On Apr 18, 2020
anyasiemmanuel:
Simple instruction "if you notice any symptom of convid-19 report to get tested and help save lives" but many people become ignorant of the truth and cause others their precious life.

Secondly it is like this lockdown in Lagos is audio � I don't get how there will be lockdown and people will still be going on visitation and moving around.

We are just joking with this corona virus.

But some idiots on this forum keeps shouting that covid 19 is malaria na.
My people perish for lack of knowledge, stay at home they refuse, most of them don't know that world war three is already on.
I'm war situation, you do virtually everything possible to stay alive, I pray Nigeria doesn't end up like other covid 19 war zones.

1 Like

Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by LaExpert: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2020
Jarus:
Was in this hospital on April 12

After testing negative to Coronavirus five days earlier. In fact, my car is still in their compound as the alternator failed while I was about leaving and I have not found a rewire since due to lockdown.

Another self-isolation beckons angry

Self isolation in a lock down, sorry about this.
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by Tedpgrass: 8:52am On Apr 18, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
ONLY God can help us. Those visitors has mixed with people, those people mixed with has also mixed with people and so on. ONLY God.
Meanwhile, let's let's use all measures of protection against this viral disease be it natural Herbal and Prophetic medicine for Muslim and likes (ask any Islamic medicine store of teebu n nabawi against this kinda viral disease). We'll win this war Against covid-19 God willing

Please stop spreading this news....

Having a hot steam will worsen the disease
It basically closes up the alveoli which are already significantly restricted due to the fibrosis caused by the virus in the severe cases..

Dry not moist heat work on the virus on surfaces:- likely explanation for low prevalence in sub-tropics but not on your tissues please.

A lot of self-help messages are out there by both victims and non-victims....
A lot of people have had flu but thought to be Covid-19 due to lack of testing and are chasing clout by prescribing all manners of treatment...

Outside of the proven clinical trials which have clear objective evidence and boosting your personal immunity with a good diet, please let's avoid spreading sensational or anecdotal information which may have life-altering consequences.

Good diet.. Vit C, Vit D
Keep healthy
Social distance
Keep good no.. Excellent hygiene
Keep positive mentally

Get tested once symptoms develop
Use appropriate medication.. Cq, antivirals etc
Oxygen supplementation if needed
Plasma exchange if available

God bless.

Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by buJu234: 8:57am On Apr 18, 2020
Just like Ebola times, try and reduce ur hospital visit.

Visit pharmacy with caution,

if u can call ur doctor and explain ur symptoms via phone, so that u can reduce ur chances of getting covid-19 infection.
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by Maxmmanuel(m): 9:00am On Apr 18, 2020
If you're a photographer (aspiring or professional), kindly check this thread out. Here's a big exposure and learning opportunity.
https://www.nairaland.com/5791390/photographer-ok
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by nothingspoil70: 9:06am On Apr 18, 2020
Ironic:
God bless South East.
What for?
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by LagosWahala: 9:13am On Apr 18, 2020
dayorich:
You are very smart my guy. I always think about this public tap issue. The only solution is to provide hand gloves. But how can one wash hands with gloves

I think the solution is to dedicate a security? staff to be the ONLY person to operate the tap.

Or attach a foot pedal mechanism to the tap in order to open and close it.

1 Like

Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by executive12: 9:36am On Apr 18, 2020
BEEFIE:
all hospital should be given head up of patients showing symptoms of covid 19. his family should be isolated

Heads up by who and how is that possible?
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:44am On Apr 18, 2020
This is not about travel history no more. The test should be carried out on everybody. At this rate, I can confidently say there are over 3,000 covid-19 cases in Nigeria.
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by golddare: 9:46am On Apr 18, 2020
kahal29:

https://www.thecable.ng/alert-all-those-who-recently-visited-this-lagos-hospital-advised-to-self-isolate

Am just praying for this vaccine to be ready quickly before our ignorance and inefficiency begins to manifest.
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by cerpvad(m): 10:14am On Apr 18, 2020
This is evident of community transmission of the killer virus. Guys stay safe
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by equilogng: 10:15am On Apr 18, 2020
Lostz:
all hospitals should have the means to test for covid19 before admitting patients

This is why I am so sorry.for this country. No information is given about the status of the doctors and.nurses who.may have come in contact with the infected patient.

If the government is sincerely concerned about the safety of Nigerians, all medical facilities should have been given test kits as a first precautionary step for easy test and immediate isolation of anyone that test positive.
The federal ministry of health and NCDC should work hand in hand with private sectors I'm concert this will hasten detection and isolation thereby reduce rate of spread. It's a shame
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by aameyah(f): 10:57am On Apr 18, 2020
Hospitals are not safe to go now, for routine issues. Only go when absolutely necessary. Buy some routine drugs you normally need like paracetamol, your bp drugs, your antimalarial and antibiotics. Only go to the hospital when absolutely necessary.
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 18, 2020
GOFRONT:
China has killed our Abba Kyari..

Via Germany.
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by Forumobserver12(m): 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Nwodosis:
The hospital is good as closed for now, the admitted patients will discharge themselves and no new patient will go near that hospital with this knowledge of covid-19 case.

Oga going by your submission, that means a lot of hospitals will be close and can't attend to patience with other medical conditions anymore, the most important thing is that the hospital has been decontaminated going by the report, this means no patience will contact the decease from the day the NCDC Decontaminates the hospital.
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by Nwodosis(m): 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2020
Forumobserver12:

Oga going by your submission, that means a lot of hospitals will be close and can't attend to patience with other medical conditions anymore, the most important thing is that the hospital has been decontaminated going by the report, this means no patience will contact the decease from the day the NCDC Decontaminates the hospital.
If you have options, will you choose the hospital for even your relation that's ill?
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by Legendguru: 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by MagnumDealzNG: 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
why are people still hiding their travel history though? this is pure wickedness
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by NiCurious: 7:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
dayorich:
You are very smart my guy. I always think about this public tap issue. The only solution is to provide hand gloves. But how can one wash hands with gloves

I think the solution is to dedicate a security? staff to be the ONLY person to operate the tap.

Use a paper towel to turn the tap on and off.

1 Like

Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by Daboomb: 12:45am On Apr 19, 2020
dayorich:

Use a Tissue to hold and turn the tap.
Discard the tissue when done.
I do in it my own house sef, including door handles, these are dangerous times, calling for dangerous moves.
Re: Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate by dayorich: 11:34am On Apr 19, 2020
Daboomb:

Use a Tissue to hold and turn the tap.
Discard the tissue when done.
I do in it my own house sef, including door handles, these are dangerous times, calling for dangerous moves.

What if you unknowingly used the same tissue to clean up your something and that of your moniker also after una done finish, e still fit catch una?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621 / How Osun Recorded 14 Coronavirus Cases / Prophet Patrick Eyaefe's Wife dies from snake bite hours after marrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.