Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death (108661 Views)

The Last Statement Of Ken Saro Wiwa At The Military Tribunal In 1995 / Death: Abba Kyari’s Last Moments / Sowore’s Last Statement Before He Was Arrested Again. Nigeria Is A Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by Tiwaz2: 7:01am On Apr 18, 2020
‘I hope to be back at my desk soon’ — Abba Kyari’s last statement to the world

Six days after he went on self-isolation following the confirmation of his COVID-19 status, Abba Kyari, former chief of staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, issued a statement on his health.

There had been rumours about his health condition, with some even saying the president’s right hand had been flown abroad in an emergency.

Some also said he had died but in a statement he personally signed, the deceased said he was looking forward to resuming at his desk.

He had said he was feeling well but would move to Lagos where he had made his own arrangement.

Below is the full statement which he personally signed:

I am writing to let you know that on medical advice, I will transfer to Lagos later today for additional tests and observation. This is a precautionary measure: I feel well, but last week, I tested positive for coronavirus, the pandemic that is sweeping the world. I have followed all the protocols government has announced to self-isolate and quarantine.

I have made my own care arrangements to avoid further burdening the public health system, which faces so many pressures. Like many others that will test also positive, I have not experienced high fever or other symptoms associated with this new virus and have been working from home. I hope to be back at my desk very soon. I have a team of young, professional, knowledgeable and patriotic colleagues, whose dedication has been beyond the call of duty, who continue to work seven days a week, with no time of the day spared. We will continue to serve the President and people of Nigeria, as we have for the past five years.

I want to thank all our fantastic, talented and brave healthcare professionals, working across the country in such a difficult time; all the good Samaritans looking out for the most vulnerable in our communities; the key workers that will keep our country going through this; friends and family and often strangers, who have sent me such warm wishes and displayed such a generosity of spirit.

We should be calm, measured and diligent – be meticulous in your hygiene, especially with cleaning hands, if possible stay at home or keep your distance. Listen to good advice from the proper authorities: pay no heed to quack cures or fake news from social media. President Buhari will do whatever it takes to protect the health and safety of our people and get the country back on its feet as soon as possible.

Like the whole world, we are dealing with a new disease. Our experts are learning more all the time about coronavirus, what it does and how we can combat it. What we do know is that while some may become very sick, many others who contract the virus will not, and may have no symptoms at all. This is a disease that recognises no difference between north and south, men or women, rich or poor. We are all in this together.

Sincerely

Abba Kyari
Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/i-hope-to-be-back-at-my-desk-soon-abba-kyaris-last-statement-to-the-world/amp

23 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by ignis: 7:02am On Apr 18, 2020
RIP Abba Kyari....

This is a kind reminder to the fact that power is transient, and also an appeal to the government to improve our medical facilities in line with international best practices.

Abba Kyari's death was inevitable partly as a result of his inability to travel abroad for medication as usual within the given time.

347 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by atiku4President(m): 7:06am On Apr 18, 2020
ignis:
Letter from who to who, through who?
Don't mind them dear

185 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by Fash20: 7:30am On Apr 18, 2020
Rest on Mr kyari.

Nigeria has only tested 7k people. The U.S. can carryout over 10k tests in a day.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by moshoodn(m): 7:33am On Apr 18, 2020
Did Kyari write that?

Wow!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by PlayerMeji: 7:40am On Apr 18, 2020
His demise was necessitated by his inability to travel for korekt health care service abroad.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by realstars: 7:41am On Apr 18, 2020
Like Play He Has Gone To The Land Of None Living,

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by Gaddafiyusf(m): 7:53am On Apr 18, 2020
Vanity

3 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by edgeconsul: 7:56am On Apr 18, 2020
May Almighty Allah forgives his shortcomings

18 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by Sunmolar(m): 8:19am On Apr 18, 2020
Rip to the dead. Death is no respecter of person. Do good to humanity,it lives till eternity.

20 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by money121(m): 8:50am On Apr 18, 2020
Ok

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by Digitiminimi: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2020
Only Allah knows

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by nairalee(m): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2020
If wishes were horses
If wishes were good health
If wishes were hospitals neglected
If wishes were the failed promises they made
If wishes were budgetary allocation to health sector
If wishes were developing foreign countries at the expense of your own country
If wishes were the mass scale of corruption
If wishes.....
If wishes.....

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2020
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

He was a good man.
He lived a good life.
He died in active service to our darling nation.

All of us @[color=#006600][/color] stand with FFK today......

Sam0:
I don't know why some people are happy about this man's death.
He contracted the virus because he went for electricity meeting in Germany for the general benefit of all Nigerians.If he had stayed back in Nigeria would he have contracted the virus?
He died in active service to Nigerian people yet some people are happy about his death.He may have his own short coming but wishing him death is bad.Those set of Nigerians should know that death is inevitable and every soul must pay the price.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by dipopooo(m): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2020
God no be man.. God pass man... I know some people are extremely happy about his death but they would pretend as if it's painful..

Unfortunately and fortunately, he died at the exact time and date I was born...

My people wish me happy birthday

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by Modsfav: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2020
Death is inevitable, lets all enjoy our lives while it last. May his soul rest in peace

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by pk2me: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2020
The letter was not written by him,how can he when he was on ventilator battling for survival.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by Noerection: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2020
Why Ibo are rejoicing over Abba Kyari's death?
Nnamdi Cownu parents died like chicken without befitting burials.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death by Racoon(m): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2020
This is so touching.How it's wished that people especially politicians will really see the vanity of this life for what it is.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fatima Buhari Becomes 4th Wife To Gimba Yau Kumo / Radio Biafra And Nnamdi Kanu: A Threat to Nigeria's Stability. / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.