Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos (3754 Views)

Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi / Abba Kyari's Death: Femi Fani-Kayode Calls The Presidency / Abba Kyari's Death: Obaseki, Keyamo, Dino Melaye, Others React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Omooba77: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2020
By Farooq A. Kperogi, Ph.D.

To say I was shocked by Abba Kyari’s death would be to tell a lie. Being an asthmatic patient who routinely had “breathing problems” that necessitated periodic trips to London hospitals—in addition to being a diabetic who was older than 65—it would have been nothing short of miraculous if he survived COVID-19.

In spite of who he was, especially the last five years of his life on earth, as a Muslim, I won’t speak ill of him in death. But I won’t write undeserving and deodorizing posthumous extolments of him, either. That would be as bad as, or even worse than, celebrating his death.

With Kyari’s death, Nigeria is now truly leaderless. Buhari is practically in the land of the living dead. He’s a breathing mannequin whose only reason for living is to prove he isn’t dead in order to justify the continuity of the rule in his name.

Abba Kyari ruled the country on Buhari’s behalf. In my viral February 22, 2020 column titled, “The Tragedy of the Abba Kyari Surrogate Presidency,” this line appeared: “Sometime in the midpoint of last year, a northern retired general told me Abba Kyari said in private that people who vilify him don’t realize that without him Nigeria would be rudderless and descend into chaos.”

Now, he is gone, and the chaos he talked about would start in the coming days and weeks. Mamman Daura, Buhari’s nephew who introduced Kyari to Buhari, isn’t only old (he is now in his early 80’s) he is also now isolated from Buhari thanks to Kyari.

Babagana Kingibe who has been acting on Kyari’s behalf and who will probably formally replace him, doesn’t quite know Buhari in the same way that Abba Kyari did.

There is a yawning, potentially disorienting power vacuum in the presidential villa now, which actually emerged really visibly since Kyari went out of circulation before his eventual death.

Watch out for Aisha Buhari to assert herself more aggressively and to work to grab power in the fashion that Turai Yar’adua did. In fact, she already started this the moment Kyari took ill.

One of the first things Aisha did was to cause Jalal Arabi, Permanent Secretary of the State House and Kyari’s dutiful protege, to be redeployed from the Villa.

The remnants of the cabal will, of course, fight back. But the fight between Aisha and members of the cabal who are merely Kyari’s proteges, would be a fight in the dark because Buhari who is supposed to intervene is an insentient being who’s barely aware he’s alive.

The in-fighting will create noticeable cracks in the Buhari group that Osinbajo, Tinubu, and other interest groups would exploit to feather their nests and advance their interests. In other words, in the coming days and months, expect the cessation of any pretense to governance and an unprecedentedly factious, dog-eat-dog, recriminatory fight between competing power blocs.

https://www.africaprimenews.com/2020/04/18/opinion/abba-kyaris-death-end-of-a-surrogate-presidency-and-the-coming-chaos/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
Nice write up. Tinubu can never enter vila when kyari is in charge. Osinbajo's aides can never exceed 3, as long as kyari is in power. MTN would keep short changing Nigerians as long as their man who would bail them out after being bribed is in the vila....all is history now.

Fear God people. Human beings are inconsequential in the sight of God. Whatever we leave behind should speak good after we're gone. Covid-19 has taught the world a great lesson. So many big and mighty beings have been silenced by the pandemic. It has also revealed how loyal the leaders are, to the masses who put them there. I hope Nigerians are wiser now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by festacman(m): 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
Incomes Kinigbe. I had an experience with one of his daughters in 2014. Very spoilt brat

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
Fictions called write up.

The man is dead, another person will take over...case closed.

Seems there are those praying for the death of Buhari..

Tomorrow they will pick pen to write how past chief of staff is better than the present one.

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by EjaikreTheViper(f): 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
to hell with Adda Pyari!

good riddance to bad rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by GOFRONT(m): 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hanty Kemi, pls Is there any update about the midget of KD??........Kemi, I know you won't fail to keep us abreast about any development from the midgety of KD.....

Pls continue to feed us with those Sweet breaking News of yours!!!.......Your breaking news so sweet me like I Spill the sperm whenever I masturbate with a Fressia vaseline in my left palm.... grin grin

Nothing beat the Reliability of your kind of Information......

Pls keep a watchful eye on that midget of KD..... grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Herdsmen: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
This is the beginning of real nightmares for those that wish kyari dead .. and celebrating independence with his death.

Ekaro!!

Eku celebrations grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Herdsmen: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
fairfora:
Nice write up. Tinubu can never enter vila when kyari is in charge. Osinbajo's aides can never exceed 3, as long as kyari is in power. MTN would keep short changing Nigerians as long as their man who would bail them out after being bribed is in the vila....all is history now.

Fear God people. Human beings are inconsequential in the sight of God. Whatever we leave behind should speak good after we're gone. Covid-19 has taught the world a great lesson. So many big and mighty beings have been silenced by the pandemic. It has also revealed how loyal the leaders are, to the masses who put them there. I hope Nigerians are wiser now

So Yoruba people know say Tinubu went on exile and ACN have been sidelined in APC government.
.. and una stil the make so much noise about Jagaban of yorubaland.. una know say the Jagaban was lamenting during Oshiomole saga.. and una still the hype the situation crediting Jagaban,while Oshiomole was on his knees begging kyari to safe him..
... I don’t understand the worship of Tinubu by his worshippers..
Hausa Fulani are in government, in power and in charge..
You all have grudges against kyari,PMB,APC.. and the CABALS .. but will hide under IPOB and Igbo MoNikers to insult,abuse, denigrate this people .. while using alternate to abuse same people una the claim..

Today kyari is death .. na celebration all over Yoruba land and communities .. even here in southern kaduna.. more like independent.

But why hide under igbos IPOB pdp all I his while?
And when truth is said una go abuse the hell out of the person..

Another person more meaner than kyari will be appointee as Chief of Staff.. and will continue from where kyari stopped with the Yorubas..

Since una derive joy in abusing other ethnic groups and organizations..through impersonations and impersonating people.. Hausa fulani will continue dealing with yorubas without minding whatever agreement that was entered..
Nigeria knows you guys more than you know una self..
Ignorance made most of you feel like butterflies that think themselves fly

Bayerebe is not just a name.. it goes deeper.

Ask a Fulani man.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by EjaikreTheViper(f): 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2020
when will El rufai die?

3 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Inspectorsuga22(m): 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:
when will El rufai die?

After u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Yenefer(f): 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
Cawarddd
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by mrvitalis(m): 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
You Yorubas should relax u have won nothing

Abba was just a front for the cabal ....the new person would still act the same way

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by EjaikreTheViper(f): 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
when will Muma daura die too? cheesy
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Yenefer(f): 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:
when will El rufai die?
kachi burro ubanka shege Dan kwaya
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by EjaikreTheViper(f): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2020
Inspectorsuga22:

After u

...I see, after your papa and family members die abi?

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by EjaikreTheViper(f): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
Inspectorsuga22:

I go soon die follow Adda Pyari
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by WorkTheTalk(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
Quite sad
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Herdsmen: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
GOFRONT:
Hanty Kemi, pls Is there any update about the midget of KD??........Kemi, I know you won't fail to keep us abreast about any development from the midgety of KD.....

Pls continue to feed us with those Sweet breaking News of yours!!!.......Your breaking news so sweet me like I Spill the sperm whenever I masturbate with a Fressia vaseline in my left palm.... grin grin

Nothing beat the Reliability of your kind of Information......

Pls keep a watchful eye on that midget of KD..... grin

Tdghj
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Moneywirer: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
I'm shocked

1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Herdsmen: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
mrvitalis:
You Yorubas should relax u have won nothing

Abba was just a front for the cabal ....the new person would still act the same way

Yoruba is celebrating independence grin when power stil Dey pocket

O di ndi ofe osiso.. 2023 ha chorlu imabuluya by crook by fire grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Inspectorsuga22(m): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:

...I see, after your papa and family members die abi?

Personally I have no love for the said El Rufai buh I will never have any reason to wish him death.
Everyone is definitely going to die n there is no agreement anywhere that he is going to die before u. So brace up cos u may die before the person u wish death upon. Idiot

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by manuelreports: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
Herdsmen:

Yoruba is celebrating independence grin when power stil Dey pocket

O di ndi ofe osiso.. 2023 ha chorlu imabuluya by crook by fire grin
Uche fa adiro ya, ndi ugwu ga egosi fa shege
Just 1 memeber of the cabal died.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Herdsmen: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
manuelreports:

Uche fa adiro ya, ndi ugwu ga egosi fa shege
Just 1 memeber of the cabal died.

Ima ife aluru.. i kwa fa.. ha kparia gi..ndi ga echi fa onu na ala..
Ha na akpo igbo .. ndi ugwu Ana plot fa..

Na now film wan start..2023 na thriller action..

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by SouthNigerian: 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Racoon(m): 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
The deficiency of the present government will become more obvious now since the late COS was the engine room.
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Charleys: 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Incomes Kinigbe. I had an experience with one of his daughters in 2014. Very spoilt brat

I fvcked her too.
I use to go to their house to play video games back then.

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Omooba77: 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
Charleys:

I fvcked her too.
I use to go to their house to play video games back then.

Only God controls life....
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by Omooba77: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by jchioma: 3:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
Things fall apart and the centre can no longer hold.
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by oxiide22(m): 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
Yenefer:
hahaaha grin
Yenefer:
hahaaha yaunaga se manya manyan ashar kike harna fara shakku
Re: Abba Kyari’s Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos by WandaNara: 3:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Construction Work On Eko Atlantic City To Commence Soon. / Do You Support A 2 Party System For Nigeria? / Association Of Witches And Wizards Ask Jonathan To Return Back To N65

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.