Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Wike's Speech And Why He Should Sound The Way He Did - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Wike's Speech And Why He Should Sound The Way He Did (230 Views)

Protect Your Sound: The AMP Lineup / Man Narrate What He Did To A Lady Who Refused Him Sex While On Vacation (Photos) / President Buhari Praises Gowon For The Way He Fought Against Biafrans During Civ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wike's Speech And Why He Should Sound The Way He Did by KingsleyOnwuka1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
“When you have an option between being loved by people and being feared by people; choose the latter, because people will not really love you.” That’s an advice by Niccolo Machiavelli.
I think that’s Nyesom Wike’s philosophy in politics. Wike is most obviously a Machiavellian politician. While I subscribe to a more intellectual approach in politics and governance, I partly agree with Wike’s style. Even in the bible the wise one advised us to ‘not be too good and not be too bad, avoid both extremes.’ (Eccl. 7:16-18 GNV)
I have not come to analyze Wike’s speech. Many persons have really done so already on different platforms. I just want to mention that what resonate with me about Wike’s style and character in politics are his boldness and non-subservient disposition, the fact that he is a kind of politician that cannot be easily pushed around especially by higher forces.

Concerning another trending matter – the news of Abba Kyari’s death, the news is a sad one. It is a sad news at least for the fact that Abba Kyari was a fellow human being and compatriot. We’re shocked and saddened by the news of his death, even though we’re not happy that we have a political system in which gerontocrats have badly insisted on occupying the space. At 81, Abba Kyari could be said to have enjoyed a level of longevity before passing on. And the news of his death is just one of those that reinforce or reestablish the fact that life on earth is not permanent.
Kingsley Onwuka

(1) (Reply)

. / To Fu*k Jus Hungry Me / Who Is Rodney Foster ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.