Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,505 members, 7,836,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities (52957 Views)

Taraba Yet To Report Death From COVID-19 – NCDC / COVID-19: Lagos Battles Shortage Of Reagents, FCT Running Out Of Test Kits / COVID-19: NCDC Reports Five New Cases, Total Now 214 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by ppogba: 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
NCDC boss and Minister of Health should be fired by now. They do not know what they are doing. We need to know the spread of tests among all the states. How many tests going on to determine of there is break out in other States.

Covid-19 is deadly when the spread goes on by asymptomatic people. We need massive tests. If they can not convince the Federal, State and local governments to channel all resources towards the Covid-19 war, they should step down immediately.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.

I am not in support of the NCDC boss being sacked but ONE thing I know is that if he were to be from another region, the roof would have been blown by now due to the clamour for HIS sack.

Ethnicity has blinded Nigeria.

Let the Health Ministry and NCDC continue doing their bit.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Donpruddy(f): 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
[Nigeria has less covid cases as compared to ghana and a high recovery than ghana. Which we those in ghana envy. quote author=sweettease post=88586222]What a disgrace! Even Ghana with less covid fund has done over 50k tests and that stands at over 1k per 1million population. Nigeria is at 35 per 1million population. Such a disgrace! Who did this to us? cry[/quote]

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Xisnin(m): 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
Baawaa:
Where is the report on how you spent the money donated
That is not the job of NCDC.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
ppogba:

I am not in support of the NCDC boss being sacked but ONE thing I know is that if he were to be from another region, the roof would have been blown by now due to the clamour for HIS sack.

Ethnicity has blinded Nigeria.

Let the Health Ministry and NCDC continue doing their bit.

We do not have room for doing their bit. This is a matter of life and death of thousands of people. We need the best necessary actions taking. Not tomorrow but now.

It is clear that both, including Boss Mustapha who heads the Presidential Covid-19 response team are lost in this. If we give them more time, we might lead thousands to an untimely grave

We have wasted enough time already.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by MrBanner(m): 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
FINESHIRT:
shocked

Waiting to come back and beg money, right? We don sabi you finish
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by baratech: 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
I thought Lagos state is doing 1500 tests per day

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Xisnin(m): 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
#Sack NCDC chief now.
He is clueless, careless and unprepared.

It has not ended well for every country that waited for symptoms before testing.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Mizwisdom(f): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
Why is it that some people just want all Nigerians to be infected with covid19, should NCDC begin dragging people from their homes who aren't showing symptoms to get them tested? on what grounds should they do this? we have been on lockdown for about a whole month. No mass deaths, isn't this a good reason to praise God for sparing our lives? but I have been seeing prophets of doom, prophesying mass deaths, are these people not demonic entities? may God help us

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
Xisnin:

That is not the job of NCDC.

I agree with Baawaa on this. This is not the time of looting as usual. Accountability of used funds should be publicised by all authorities in the response.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Why is it that some people just want all Nigerians to be infected with covid19? should NCDC begin dragging people from homes who aren't showing symptoms yo get them tested? on what grounds should they do this? we have been on lockdown for about a whole month. No mass deaths, isn't this a good reason to praise God for sparing our lives? but I have been seeing prophets of doom, prophesying mass deaths, are these people not demonic entities? may God help us

This is not the time to praise God but thank him for giving us time to act. God has given us time and we must use it wisely.

We need rapid tests kits fast. We need to channel loads of resources into testing, if not we are wasting a great deal of time.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Xisnin(m): 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with Baawaa on this. This is not the time of looting as usual. Accountability of used funds should be publicised by all authorities in the response.
That is like asking doctors to explain FG's yearly budget. It is not their job.

That is not their job.
The CBN and the ministry of Finance manage the donor account, all inquiries should be directed to them.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2020
Xisnin:

That is like asking doctors to explain FG's yearly budget. It is not their job.

That is not their job.
The CBN and the ministry of Finance manage the donor account, all inquiries should be directed to them.

Fund is released to NCDC. They should have an accounting team to ensure accountability of the money released to them. CBN and Finance ministry will not manage the money released to NCDC.

We should know how much is released and what has been done with it. We should also know the next step for the left over funds.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Mizwisdom(f): 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

This is not the time to praise God but thank him for giving us time to act. God has given us time and we must use it wisely.

We need rapid tests kits fast. We need to channel loads of resources into testing, if not we are wasting a great deal of time.

Let me remind you that this unfortunate virus was first noticed here on February 27th, we are gradually heading up to two months and still no mass deaths. I think we should be thankful to God instead of focusing 100% attention to testing or not testing. Please stop raising unnecessary alarm, study what seems to be happening in this clime, there's something you're missing. For a virus which takes 14 days to manifest, it's a miracle that deadly effect seems to still be rather slow here. I'm truly thankful to the most high.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Openbusiness: 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
kelvd4real:
English comprehension. He said Testing Capacity which is not the same thing as actual testing done.
A 1500 Testing capacity means that if they have up to 1500 people that needs testing, they are able to test all of them in a day. However, there is no where in the world where testing is done randomly. It is only if you show symptoms that you get tested. Or do you expect Government to start dragging people out from their houses to go get tested?

It's like u don't know wassup yet and ur not current with info about the virus. Let me update you: NOT EVERYONE THAT HAS THE CORONAVIRUS WILL DEVELOP SYMPTOMS, EVEN AFTER 14 DAYS. SOME PEOPLE WILL REMAIN ASYMPTOMATIC, but the problem is just because someone is ASYMPTOMATIC doesn't mean the person can't spread the virus. They will continue spreading it without knowing and that's how the number of infected people rise exponentially. One asymptomatic person can be infecting hundred people a day, the hundred infected, if there are 20 asymptomatic people among them, then they will also continue the spread, and before you know it tens of thousands are already infected within a week. How do you think the USA, UK and Italy got into the serious mess they are in right now where they have hundreds of thousands infected and tens of thousands dead? Because initially they were practicing this your idea: WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO DEVELOP SYMPTOMS BEFORE TESTING, and within one month the virus has spread to the point of almost collapsing their healthcare structure and facilities and doctors are overstretched. Now the have woken up that if they are to stand a chance to defeat the virus spread in their countries, mass testing is the solution. As of now, America has tested nearly 3 million and they are still running more tests trying to grow their capacity to test even more. But you are here saying Do you want them to be going to drag people in their house to test? Don't worry, maybe when the virus overtakes and overruns your community and your street where you live and you can't breathe fresh air again because the virus has overpopulated the wind, and you have to wear gas masks with oxygen tank to breathe in your house, then you will know wassup. That money they don't want to spend now to do mass tests, they will spend X one trillion of it when the virus overruns the government like a military coup. The govt has already confirmed that community spread is already happening, but how many public places have they decontaminated? How can they decontaminate well when they don't have proper data of the infected demographics, how can they have that data when they are not doing mass tests? If they are testing just 7K people in 2 months, and the Coronavirus is spreading to let say 7K people per day and we have a population of about 200m, who wins the war, The Govt or Coronavirus? Dey dia dey blow American grammar with British accent like a baba olowo that just came back from Germany after 30 years grin.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Xisnin(m): 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Fund is released to NCDC. They should have an accounting team to ensure accountability of the money released to them. CBN and Finance ministry will not managed the money released to NCDC.

We should know how much is released and what has been done with it. We should also know the next step for the left over funds.

Let us stay on topic.
Here is the original quote

Where is the report on how you spent the money donated

No single Kobo has been released from the donated money either to NCDC or any other agency.

If you have evidence of such release please present it.
I don't like wasting time on speculations.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Let me remind you that this unfortunate virus was first noticed here on February 27th, we are gradually heading up to two months and still no mass deaths. I think we should be thankful to God instead of focusing 100% attention to testing or not testing. Please stop raising unnecessary alarm, study what seems to be happening in this clime, there's something you're missing. For a virus which takes 14 days to manifest, it's a miracle that deadly effect seems to still be rather slow here. I'm truly thankful to the most high.

It is necessary alarm. Please we should stop playing with this virus. As we are talking now, everything is virtually not working. We should not wait for people to die in mass before acting.

Whether we like it or not. Report shows the virus is in the country and is killing people. Whether one or ten.

We should start rapid testing and channel all resources, not some, all to make sure Nigerians are safe.

There is no time to celebrate when we are in a battle field. Battles are celebrated after victory and not during battle.

Best Approach: Prepare for the worst, while praying for the best.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by ppogba: 5:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

We do not have room for doing their bit. This is a matter of life and death of thousands of people. We need the best necessary actions taking. Not tomorrow but now.

It is clear that both, including Boss Mustapha who heads the Presidential Covid-19 response team are lost in this. If we give them more time, we might lead thousands to an untimely grave

We have wasted enough time already.

Their "bit" I mentioned could probably involve a lot of sleepless nights, rigorous strategic sessions amongst others. I agree that we are talking about human lives but one thing I know is that, it isn't advisable you effect a change as this in the "middle of the deep sea".

As hyper-active a s Trump is, I am not sure he has pulled the trigger on his CDC chief. Same as Boris, Angela, Macron and even Ramaphosa.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by FINESHIRT(m): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
MrBanner:

Waiting to come back and beg money, right? We don sabi you finish

Lol. No blame me. Na condition make crayfish bend.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
ppogba:

Their "bit" I mentioned could probably involve a lot of sleepless nights, rigorous strategic sessions amongst others. I agree that we are talking about human lives but one thing I know is that, it isn't advisable you effect a change as this in the "middle of the deep sea".

As hyper-active a s Trump is, I am not sure he has pulled the trigger on his CDC chief. Same as Boris, Angela, Macron and even Ramaphosa.

In this case, these guys in charge are lost and totally do not know what to do. When it concerns lives of thousands, you can not close your eyes and fold arms. It is time to act. From when they did not quarantine returnees compulsorily and channel funds to make sure the virus does not enter the country, it was obvious they should have been sacked.

Nothing like middle sea here. Lives have already gone and we should not wait for a larger number to fall at a higher rate. These men are lost. They lack the capacity to keep Nigerians safe and alive. Time to let go for some innovative and creative minds that will act fast with high credibility.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
ppogba:

These guys do not know that sample tests should have gone on in hospitals and health centres in all States To determine if the spread is ongoing. Are these the people we should rest the lives of millions of people on?
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
Xisnin:

Let us stay on topic.

No single Kobo has been released from the donated money either to NCDC or any other agency.

The main topic is that the federal government has released N15 Billion to fight Covid-19 in Nigeria. We need to know what they have done with the money, what is left and what they will do with the remainder.

Time is of the essence.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Nathphil(m): 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
May we help our selves
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by eyinjuege: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2020
Xisnin:

Let us stay on topic.

I thought it was from the donated funds that they're building covid centers around the country?
Lagos and Port Harcourt are completed. Enugu and Kano are also in progress, Sokoto and Maiduguri will also have centers.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Daverytimes(m): 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
SaveAnthony:
Wow, America tests atleast 10k per day, is this the most we can do

You mean 150k a day.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Marotzke(m): 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lorazepam:
500 tests in one day shocked

I thought Buhari said Lagos will be doing 1500 tests daily and Abuja 1000 tests.

South Africa has carried out over 100k test and Ghana has carried out over 50ktests, while we still dey on 7k tests

We are not ready in this country cheesy cheesy
Go buy am now
You no know na to de manage dis one wey Jack Ma donate until test kits price fall at the international market.
Who tests epp ?
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
eyinjuege:

I thought it was from the donated funds that they're building covid centers around the country?
Lagos and Port Harcourt are completed. Enugu and Kano are also in progress, Sokoto and Maiduguri will also have centers.

No. The federal government released N15 Billion for the fight of Covid-19. It is from there the testing and isolation centres funds came from.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by AIT1(m): 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
I think the reason for the this number of test is because the Nigeria Government and NCDC are interested in testing ONLY those with travel history and people that have come in contact with them. I don't know their motive for this but that's why we have small sample test.

Let's just pray it doesn't boomerang in the long run
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by watchindelta(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
nawaho 7000 test Nigeria government is not serious in any thing, they only serious when it come to killing of citizens,crude oil and corruption.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by olajosy: 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
Why is it that everything that will benefits the masses in this country is always done relunctantly and we call ourself giant of Africa!!! There is God ooo!!! undecided kiss kiss
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by hush15: 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lorazepam:
500 tests in one day shocked

I thought Buhari said Lagos will be doing 1500 tests daily and Abuja 1000 tests.

South Africa has carried out over 100k test and Ghana has carried out over 50ktests, while we still dey on 7k tests

We are not ready in this country cheesy cheesy

Is it just me that noticed it, the global figures on CNN is different o. Are we sure ncdc is correct sha?
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by lakesider(m): 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
SaveAnthony:
Wow, America tests atleast 10k per day, is this the most we can do

Do you pay same tax as Americans..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo) / Fawaz Alabi Drowns At Ibeshe Beach In Lagos / COVID-19: Six Private Hospitals In Lagos Secretly Treating Patients Revealed -SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.