Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,708 members, 7,834,350 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter (4877 Views)

Help! My Wife Easily Quarrels And Keeps Malice With Me. / My Wife And I Are Keeping Malice! / I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by wjxavier(m): 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
My exact point. You certainly aren’t the average woman for whom an apology is anathema.

All these little girls saying he should starve are the same ones who join FIN when the guy finds respect outside. grin grin grin grin

merahki:
@ OP? I personally would be upset if my partner rejected my food, but that’s just me. Considering how much I hate cooking it would be a double blow to me. Then withholding sexx would be another bummer.
However, usually, I am so persistent like a bug that if caught in this situation I would eventually wheedle (I dunno if this right cheesy) him into eating the food and or having sexx with me. It is impossible to stay mad at me shaa, I think, even though I can be very, very exasperating.

I dunno if I have addressed it
Maybe it becomes all different in marriage- changes to war and mind games. In that case I know nothing about it

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by wjxavier(m): 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
Starve self how? How do you think around a dot like this

Can he not cook?

Are there no restaurants?

I mean, that’s so obvious, it’s shocking you didn’t think of it.

What else might you be missing in trying to talk smart?

Egungun be careful oooo

xendra:
lmao, so a man disagreeing with your post makes him "not a king"
when the man is not a baby? what happens to communicating your feelings? if you want to starve yourself because you are angry, na sense you no get cheesy there's no dignity in it.

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by wjxavier(m): 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
Osheyyyyy. Food basket of the nation.

You really think men are so inept as to be unable to feed themselves?

See. This is the point.

He should starve.

No woman can try that with me sha. I’m a better cook than most women alive. grin grin grin

But if you really don’t care, then you shouldn’t get married.

If you hurt his feelings, and refuse to admit wrong, and then you say he should starve...

Why did you get married?

Don’t tell me. I know.

To have kids.

These are the kind of selfish women in today’s world.

It was never about the guy. He was just a sperm donor. lol.

Talk true. No harm in it.

Unfortunately I am not that kind of man.

Sehindemi:
If a man can be so childish and petty to reject my food because of an issue of yesterday or yesteryear then he should be ready to die of starvation.
My DH isn't this foolish or childish, he is a man. No need waiting to be served food before you bring up your perceived unruly disposition, so if he was staying in another country, he would wait till he returns to the country and to be served food to express his dissatisfaction about things.
Stop this travesty of a narrative and man up to communicate your feelings or be ready to die of starvation like Dog Major.
Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by wjxavier(m): 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Tell them oooo.

Me wey dey cook past person mama.

walcruise:

The fact that I refused your food doesn't mean I wouldn't eat else where tongue

2 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by wjxavier(m): 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
We castrated too late. At 6 months or so.

E go pain nah.

crackkhaus:
You mean Major starved himself to death because he had no dīck to fvck his momma?
Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by wjxavier(m): 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
Stay in your fathers house.

You sef why you go marry pikin?

Daddy dey dia nah

xendra:
Good for you. I could careless about encouraging a man's childish behaviours.

1 Like

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by wjxavier(m): 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
Lol. Cuntinu

grin

SweetCunt97:
Hmmmmm, lemme not even comment before they call me man hater or feminist... Intelligent post though.
Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by wjxavier(m): 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
Me and Jesus and other wiser men than you have ever met.

It’s called a parable, my dear.

PAR-ABLE

Able to illustrate at par.

Kapish?

You’re welcome.

rain21:
Kikikikiki.. cheesy
This is very funny, you likened a dog to a man...., like a MAN!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by wjxavier(m): 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
PARABLE.

This your dissonance don backfire o

xendra:
and they are all agreeinggrin grin

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by wjxavier(m): 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
Damn I love you. Only you got hit by the dog part. Thanks dude. I love dogs too.

How’s mum?

Unfortunately, mum May be slightly inaccurate on this bro.

Food and sex may attract a man. But it is RESPECT that makes a keeper any day.

There are 4 things actually.

Attention
Food
Sex
Respect

So you see, you can still have your man without food or sex. Otherwise our born again sisters no go dey see husband marry. grin

As for me, I can’t eat the food of a woman who does not honor me. Or who is dragging “steering wheel” with me.

Especially WHEN they try to switch it as if nothing happened.

Go in peace. That’s my way.

There have to be consequences for actions. Or they will continue.

I can’t depend on a woman’s vagina. What if she dies?

I don’t think that’s the strongest hold a woman has in relationship.

@crackkhaus

crackkhaus:
@wjxavier, as much as there are valid points to be seen in your post, not failing to mention your beautiful introductory story about Major, I have to tell you that you still got one thing backwards.

Damn I still can't get over Major's suicide cry

Anyway, so hear goes...
There's something my mother told me, yes my mother, and I was just a teenager when she did. There are basically two things which a woman can use to manipulate/control/exercise some kind of power over a man - these are food and sex.
The moment a woman, your woman, your wife, discovers that you're not overly dependent on the pleasures her vagîna or cooking can provide for you, she has lost almost all the power she can use to hold you ransom. The only remaining source of her power becomes the children, but that's another story entirely.

You're absolutely on point when you state that an apology has to be made with words, not with sex and certainly not with food.
Now this is how the little wisdom from my momma ties into it: A woman who is already aware that her food or her sex does nothing extraordinary for you, will also know for a fact that she is wasting her time using them as a substitute for apology. She will definitely need to apologize with words even if she fights her nature to do it.

It all starts from the very beginning of a relationship. A man is supposed to lay down, whether overtly or covertly, his principles and exactly how conflict should be handled. It should preferably be overtly by simply telling his wife that an apology with words is the only way he can move on. He must let her know that he will never sweep things under the carpet like she does and she must understand this.

Not eating her food or not having sex, while advisable, is not really a definite solution. Yes you can decide to cook your own meals or eat out as a form of protest, but for how long? It's better that if you're even going to do this, you should inform her that you DEMAND an apology for the wrong she has done.
It is foolhardy to just give a woman the attitude without actually telling her what she can do to end it.

The overall point is to always let your wife know that you demand an apology from her, this is the best course of action. Even if you're going to refuse her food and her vagîna, it should go along with you demanding an apology and communicating your displeasure.

My hand is paining me...and Major's suicide has really messed up my morning. angry
I need to have a conversation with my good friend Jack Daniels.
Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by wjxavier(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
From the few men I have met, getting an apology from her is harder than sex during period.

Are you married?

Maybe you should. Hahaha

Join me with this lockdown special formula.

crackkhaus:
@wjxavier, as much as there are valid points to be seen in your post, not failing to mention your beautiful introductory story about Major, I have to tell you that you still got one thing backwards.

Damn I still can't get over Major's suicide cry

Anyway, so hear goes...
There's something my mother told me, yes my mother, and I was just a teenager when she did. There are basically two things which a woman can use to manipulate/control/exercise some kind of power over a man - these are food and sex.
The moment a woman, your woman, your wife, discovers that you're not overly dependent on the pleasures her vagîna or cooking can provide for you, she has lost almost all the power she can use to hold you ransom. The only remaining source of her power becomes the children, but that's another story entirely.

You're absolutely on point when you state that an apology has to be made with words, not with sex and certainly not with food.
Now this is how the little wisdom from my momma ties into it: A woman who is already aware that her food or her sex does nothing extraordinary for you, will also know for a fact that she is wasting her time using them as a substitute for apology. She will definitely need to apologize with words even if she fights her nature to do it.

It all starts from the very beginning of a relationship. A man is supposed to lay down, whether overtly or covertly, his principles and exactly how conflict should be handled. It should preferably be overtly by simply telling his wife that an apology with words is the only way he can move on. He must let her know that he will never sweep things under the carpet like she does and she must understand this.

Not eating her food or not having sex, while advisable, is not really a definite solution. Yes you can decide to cook your own meals or eat out as a form of protest, but for how long? It's better that if you're even going to do this, you should inform her that you DEMAND an apology for the wrong she has done.
It is foolhardy to just give a woman the attitude without actually telling her what she can do to end it.

The overall point is to always let your wife know that you demand an apology from her, this is the best course of action. Even if you're going to refuse her food and her vagîna, it should go along with you demanding an apology and communicating your displeasure.

My hand is paining me...and Major's suicide has really messed up my morning. angry
I need to have a conversation with my good friend Jack Daniels.

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by Takotsubo: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
I think it's important to know your spouse 100% before acting this film out.

Don't eat? Fine.I only offer once if it's me doing the cooking on the day.If you say no on day one,I will not offer again. I'm not bothered by eating in restaurants,please buy extra for me.

Silent treatment? I grew up with this one so if you refuse to talk,I keep quiet as well as long as it takes till you're ready to undo what you've started.

Say no to sex? Lots of toys to use.
Some of us are not moved by threats of chick outside either.

My father did everything written here..

He would refuse to eat and my mum would run round,cajoling ,then in turn she would become miserable.

He also was skilled at giving the silent treatment..

There's no form of manipulation I didn't witness so essentially,I've seen it all .

In the beginning of marriage, I could actually go on to the point where it was detrimental to me just to put make a point.

My husband realised this quickly when he tried not eating and silent treatment and I responded in kind,unbothered.

2,3 trials with same result then both of us realised it was pointless.

We stopped it in the same first year of marriage when my husband sat us down and discussed the aim of our marriage..we agreed we love each other and noted that our pattern of behaviour was childish and destructive.

Years and years later ,this holds true.No arguing or shouting .

Isn't an argument mostly about 2 people seeing things differently?

You can appreciate another person's point of view,you don't have to agree with it and you can pass this information across without resorting to bad behaviour.

Once voices start to raise,one person usually says : Hey,you are starting to shout and I'm sorry I cannot listen to it and I'll come back.later when we can talk better.

Apologising to each other isn't that hard..Both can say sorry and move on.

What's the point in all the emotional manipulation?

Life is already complicated as is,it's pointless to punish each other for no just cause.

Being married in itself can be incredibly difficult to navigate for even the best behaved and loving couple,problems could spring up even with the best intentioned ones..

Battle of wills doesn't go well if you do not know the length your spouse is willing to go.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by crackkhaus: 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
wjxavier:
Damn I love you. Only you got hit by the dog part. Thanks dude. I love dogs too.

How’s mum?

Unfortunately, mum May be slightly inaccurate on this bro.

Food and sex may attract a man. But it is RESPECT that makes a keeper any day.

There are 4 things actually.

Attention
Food
Sex
Respect

So you see, you can still have your man without food or sex. Otherwise our born again sisters no go dey see husband marry. grin

As for me, I can’t eat the food of a woman who does not honor me. Or who is dragging “steering wheel” with me.

Especially WHEN they try to switch it as if nothing happened.

Go in peace. That’s my way.

There have to be consequences for actions. Or they will continue.

I can’t depend on a woman’s vagina. What if she dies?

I don’t think that’s the strongest hold a woman has in relationship.

@crackkhaus

Lol, the sex and food I talked about is not about attraction... We talking about couples who are already together, not those who are still in courting.
It's a type of power-play which gives women a bargaining chip over their husbands. cheesy

@question in bold, you get another vagîna cheesy

And yes goddammit, Major's story really got to me bad...I loooove dogs. Growing up, I used to prefer them to human company till I got admission to uni and began socializing more.
We had four of them back then all running around causing nuisance - Billy (Alsatian), Simba (Rottweiler), Terror (Caucasian), and Stump (Caucasian)...all males BTW

Terror was the pack leader and most human-like in emotions cheesy
When the hairy beast died, I shed tears I won't lie...which is more than I've even done for losing some people close to me cry

3 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by crackkhaus: 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
wjxavier:
From the few men I have met, getting an apology from her is harder than sex during period.

Are you married?

Maybe you should. Hahaha

Join me with this lockdown special formula.

Partially married, that's all I can say lipsrsealed

cheesy

Oohh, I see you have Jack's Scottish cousin right there with you.
A family of legends bro...nectar of the gods cool
Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by xendra: 9:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
wjxavier:
Starve self how? How do you think around a dot like this

Can he not cook?

Are there no restaurants?

I mean, that’s so obvious, it’s shocking you didn’t think of it.

What else might you be missing in trying to talk smart?

Egungun be careful oooo

seeing how dull you are I didn't want to give you the honor of my reply but out of pity let me educate you a bit, most men don't know how to cook? most men don't like eating in restaurantscheesy and most are either broke or economists who like to manage and they know how much eating out will cost them. how many men have you dated that gets their own food? ode! na we dey date these men so we know what we are saying, you are not dating them so SHUT UP. you only know what you were told.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by ImaIma1(f): 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
24kmagic:
I already told myself that that's what I'm going to do in any relationship or marriage I find myself. I don't have strength to talk or shout. I'm a cool headed unforgiving spirit guy.

Not only will I reject your food, I will also leave the house for you. I will just ignore you completely.

Women will do something to you sometimes and you'll just feel like battering her. Thank goodness I don't have that violent spirit. What I have is an "ignoring spirit."

I swear I no go even do like say you de exist.
I think keeping malice is something I'm somehow good at. It's not like I like it tho.

And how does that even help the marriage. It doesn't even bother women like it used to. Some women, like my friend, will just leave bread on the fridge for you and not bother herself cooking till you recover. Her husband has learned to talk, seeing that not eating her food even makes her happy not to stress herself in the kitchen.

Malice is childish, and refusing to eat or coming home is pointless and foolish. Imagine refusing to eat the food you pay for or staying in the house where you pay rent while the person you are trying to pepper is eating the food and lying comfortably in the house. Chai!

6 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by ImaIma1(f): 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
Richy4:

You know, It's really easy to say that a sensible man will attack the food smiley...But when a man was in that "deep heated fellowship" with his spouse, and he got that lady/wife that runs her mouth 120km per min,... u know the type that talks without swallowing saliva ,U won't remember any thing sensible.. The only sensible thing most remembers was to leave the house and cool off somewhere outside the house ... because if u remain there, u might damage something.. and u can't damage what u love.

When the man is calm and back, eating the food presented will depend on the level of his displeasure.Especially when there was no closure yet .... Dignity and respect can never be bought in a convenient store... lots of us has learn how to fix something for ourselves in the kitchen, some goes to the restaurant and eat, few who love homemade food that can't stand restaurant meal and can't cook has learn to chew toothpick but just to make it look like they have had something just to upset the mrs.

There's nothing childish about not wanting to eat... It is a choice...If ladies sees that as being childish, It's like beating up a child and still preventing him/ her from crying...U upsets someone, instead of a proper apology, u said honey dinner is ready, or in some cases they send the kids to go and tell their father that dinner is ready... No now... You have to follow due process cheesy A man should treat his wife nicely and a woman should not forget to do the same.. apologize when necessary.

What if the wife is not moved by the man refusing to eat but rather glad not to stress in the kitchen? Probably one that doesn't really enjoy cooking.

What if he has the type of wife that goes to bed and snores away and not worry herself if he comes home or not?

And also the type that would take refusing to have sex as a break?

There are women like this that won't let things bother them and wait for whenever the husband is ready to communicate his feelings properly.

How will such a man cope when he sees that his tantrums and being ignored?

3 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by 24kmagic: 11:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
ImaIma1:

And how does that even help the marriage. It doesn't even bother women like it used to. Some women, like my friend, will just leave bread on the fridge for you and not bother herself cooking till you recover. Her husband has learned to talk, seeing that not eating her food even makes her happy not to stress herself in the kitchen.

Malice is childish, and refusing to eat or coming home is pointless and foolish. Imagine refusing to eat the food you pay for or staying in the house where you pay rent while the person you are trying to pepper is eating the food and lying comfortably in the house. Chai!

Lol
I don't think I'll have any problem with that, as long as I'm away from her.
When the food is finished, she'll restock.
Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by ImaIma1(f): 11:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
Takotsubo:

Don't eat? Fine.I only offer once if it's me doing the cooking on the day.If you say no on day one,I will not offer again. I'm not bothered by eating in restaurants,please buy extra for me.

Silent treatment? I grew up with this one so if you refuse to talk,I keep quiet as well as long as it takes till you're ready to undo what you've started.

He would refuse to eat and my mum would run round,cajoling ,then in turn she would become miserable.

There's no form of manipulation I didn't witness so essentially,I've seen it all .

In the beginning of marriage, I could actually go on to the point where it was detrimental to me just to put make a point.

My husband realised this quickly when he tried not eating and silent treatment and I responded in kind,unbothered.

We stopped it in the same first year of marriage when my husband sat us down and discussed the aim of our marriage..we agreed we love each other and noted that our pattern of behaviour was childish and destructive.

You can appreciate another person's point of view,you don't have to agree with it and you can pass this information across without resorting to bad behaviour.

Once voices start to raise,one person usually says : Hey,you are starting to shout and I'm sorry I cannot listen to it and I'll come back.later when we can talk better.

Life is already complicated as is,it's pointless to punish each other for no just cause.

Being married in itself can be incredibly difficult to navigate for even the best behaved and loving couple,problems could spring up even with the best intentioned ones..

Battle of wills doesn't go well if you do not know the length your spouse is willing to go.

Unfortunately, the OP and most guys here think it's about mind games, emotional manipulation and a struggle for dominance/power.

Even the one who keeps the malice and refuses to eat, have sex or sleep at home is not at rest until it is settled.

It is really foolish to live that way. Anyone who wants their marriage to work will abandon such tactics and handle things more constructively.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by ImaIma1(f): 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2020
24kmagic:

Lol
I don't think I'll have any problem with that, as long as I'm away from her.
When the food is finished, she'll restock.

And what good would that do you and the marriage?

Everytime you feel hurt, you refuse food and stay away and continue the cycle till you are old?

What happened to talking?

2 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by ImaIma1(f): 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
Takotsubo:

24kmagic
wjxavier

Look at how mature people deal with issues and make their marriage work.

All those mind games and struggle for power is plain silly.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by Richy4(m): 12:28am On Apr 20, 2020
ImaIma1:

What if the wife is not moved by the man refusing to eat but rather glad not to stress in the kitchen? Probably one that doesn't really enjoy cooking.

What if he has the type of wife that goes to bed and snores away and not worry herself if he comes home or not?

And also the type that would take refusing to have sex as a break?

There are women like this that won't let things bother them and wait for whenever the husband is ready to communicate his feelings properly.

How will such a man cope when he sees that his tantrums and being ignored?

You know this whole thing is a mind game.. it's just for the spouse to feel guilty based on what has transpired. I know what you were talking about but those species of ladies who will be happy that their spouse went else where to eat.. forsaken her own food is not common. Even at that my sis, Every man knows their spouse weaknesses.. and can use it.. so also the women knows whom they married and can tell one or two things that can make the man come begging.. I know that lots of women does silent treatment more in a relationship... And that draws the man to her to know how to calm her..and reconcile the problem.
Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by Magnoliaa(f): 2:52am On Apr 20, 2020
rain21:
Kikikikiki.. cheesy
This is very funny, you likened a dog to a man...., like a MAN!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

As in... I was thinking of that. Lol
Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by 24kmagic: 6:47am On Apr 20, 2020
ImaIma1:

And what good would that do you and the marriage?

Everytime you feel hurt, you refuse food and stay away and continue the cycle till you are old?

What happened to talking?

What happened to her learning how not to hurt me? Cos I know that most of the issues we'll have will come from her
Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by crackkhaus: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2020
ImaIma1:

24kmagic
wjxavier

Look at how mature people deal with issues and make their marriage work.

All those mind games and struggle for power is plain silly.
It's funny how you quoted her post twice but failed to see the sentence about how an apology is very necessary and should not be that hard so couples can move on.

She was actually the only female here that had enough sense to state that an apology is very necessary for all parties involved i.e dealing with the root problem instead of just the reaction to the problem.

But perhaps you can humour me with an answer to the question below... maybe by some miracle, you won't go on an emotional tirade for being called out... cheesy

So in your own opinion, is a wife acting MATURE for refusing to apologize, or does your sermon about MATURITY only take effect when a frustrated husband decides to emotionally manipulate his wife into getting the apology he deserves?

5 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by pocohantas(f): 9:05am On Apr 20, 2020
Naija men always fighting with their egos.

If you see the one that isn’t in a constant battle with his ego- you are in luck. grin grin

Takotsubo:

Thank you! It is so tiring. You read some people’s post and you wonder if it is this hard. ahnahn!!

1 Like

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by pocohantas(f): 9:48am On Apr 20, 2020
24kmagic:
I already told myself that that's what I'm going to do in any relationship or marriage I find myself. I don't have strength to talk or shout. I'm a cool headed unforgiving spirit guy.

Not only will I reject your food, I will also leave the house for you. I will just ignore you completely.

Women will do something to you sometimes and you'll just feel like battering her. Thank goodness I don't have that violent spirit. What I have is an "ignoring spirit."

I think keeping malice is something I'm somehow good at. It's not like I like it tho.

Lol. I don’t know why guys do this nonsense. Ironically they can’t stand same treatment and would give you fancy names for doing it.

Makes me wonder why they can’t open their mouth and talk. Say what is doing you o, before you go poison person out of inbuilt anger. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by Sterope(f): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2020
When you something to her that will make her feel like smashing your head with a hammer, what should she do then?

24kmagic:

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by jeff1607(m): 10:06am On Apr 20, 2020
Gone are the days when our mothers and women get worried when their husbands don't eat their food now it's seen as been childish.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by ImaIma1(f): 11:01am On Apr 20, 2020
crackkhaus:

It's funny how you quoted her post twice but failed to see the sentence about how an apology is very necessary and should not be that hard so couples can move on.

She was actually the only female here that had enough sense to state that an apology is very necessary for all parties involved i.e dealing with the root problem instead of just the reaction to the problem.

But perhaps you can humour me with an answer to the question below... maybe by some miracle, you won't go on an emotional tirade for being called out... cheesy

So in your own opinion, is a wife acting MATURE for refusing to apologize, or does your sermon about MATURITY only take effect when a frustrated husband decides to emotionally manipulate his wife into getting the apology he deserves?

But you didn't notice where she said if he decides to use the silent treatment, she'd ignore.

Apologising isn't the issue when they wife knows she has wronged. But when the guy decides to go silent instead of talking issues out, that's where there is a problem.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by ImaIma1(f): 11:02am On Apr 20, 2020
24kmagic:

What happened to her learning how not to hurt me? Cos I know that most of the issues we'll have will come from her

Your expectations are the issue. If you are looking for someone that will never hurt you, marry an angel

1 Like

Re: Dear Ladies: It’s NOT Malice. It’s Dignity. An Open Letter by crackkhaus: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2020
ImaIma1:

But you didn't notice where she said if he decides to use the silent treatment, she'd ignore.

Apologising isn't the issue when they wife knows she has wronged. But when the guy decides to go silent instead of talking issues out, that's where there is a problem.
When a wife insists & refuses to apologize, what happens?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Living With Your Parents / Can Someone Help Me Please, I Need A Job to Keep My Family Please. / House Hold Items For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.