Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

RE: Evangelism Is More Difficult For Male Than Female - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RE: Evangelism Is More Difficult For Male Than Female (413 Views)

Evangelism Is Your Ultimate Love And Service To Humanity / Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult To Overcome? / 2019: Mbaka Tells Nigerians To Brace Up For More Difficult Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE: Evangelism Is More Difficult For Male Than Female by SeunNotOwner: 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
When I read this thread stating that It's So Hard Practising Envagelism As A Single Female, I have the opinion that the thread OP might be a Starter or Just developing commitment towards evangelism. But on the brighter side I see evangelism more easy for female that male because people tends to give better audience to them than their male counterpart. The Samaritan Woman by Well is not an evangelist yet but she was able to pull stunt that attracted the city to Jesus. It is natural for women to attract attention anyway.

Contrary to her, I believed Evangelism is More Difficult for Male than Female, and the reason being that young ladies of nowadays have built up a mindset that an approach with a smile from a male is the first pass of wooing game, this makes them turn a negative attitude, or not giving you audience at all. Witnessing to a guy, I have no problem; but to female most of them if alone at that spot or walking, will fell like I came for wooing.

Although, I can confess that sometimes I don't have my Bible with me and the reason being that it just another random day not planned for evangelism and I felt led and I go.

Unlike the other thread that the OP sited case of lewd attitude of the male, which cannot be exhibited in a public places, the counterpart might have problem getting the right attention, It is only when you have the attention you will be able to witness.

CLOSING:
However, in both case nothing should stop you from Evangelism, if you have that guy or lady you felt it won't be a good idea to meet the person your self on your own, invite another person of same gender of your target, so that both of your could witness together. Don't try to form Batman or Wonder-woman, Stay away from any Appearances of evil, so your good will not be spoken of as evil.

Any Evangelism, Witness or Follow-up that involve opposite gender should be done in an open place where people will see you, it has never a shameful act to preach in public anyway. At her 44yrs, My Mum once preach to a Muslim man in Ilorin who follow her to church, that same day men where assign to follow him up.
Re: RE: Evangelism Is More Difficult For Male Than Female by athaboi(f): 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
We don hear, do you have food for poor Nigerians
Re: RE: Evangelism Is More Difficult For Male Than Female by Awodijames: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
If you want to preach for me you have to bring food stuff for me coz hunger won't let me hear anything
Re: RE: Evangelism Is More Difficult For Male Than Female by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
Brother, I advise you to take down this sexist and harmful thread as it calls for gender war which is not Christ-like.

She specifically wrote why it is hard for "single lady" to evangelise with good reasons NOT meant to belittle or compete with men in the evangelical field. WHY ARE MARRIED WOMEN NOT PRICKED TOO? Brother, that's harmless write ups.

You are permitted to write why it is difficult for men or single men with good reasons without shaming and oppressing the opposite gender.

We are one Christ. No discord please.
Re: RE: Evangelism Is More Difficult For Male Than Female by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wolgrace:
Brother, I advise you to take down this sexist and harmful thread as it calls for gender war which is not Christ-like.

Can look at the brighter side of the post?
Re: RE: Evangelism Is More Difficult For Male Than Female by Myer(m): 7:21am On Sep 09, 2021
SeunTheOwner:
When I read this thread stating that It's So Hard Practising Envagelism As A Single Female, I have the opinion that the thread OP might be a Starter or Just developing commitment towards evangelism. But on the brighter side I see evangelism more easy for female that male because people tends to give better audience to them than their male counterpart. The Samaritan Woman by Well is not an evangelist yet but she was able to pull stunt that attracted the city to Jesus. It is natural for women to attract attention anyway.

Contrary to her, I believed Evangelism is More Difficult for Male than Female, and the reason being that young ladies of nowadays have built up a mindset that an approach with a smile from a male is the first pass of wooing game, this makes them turn a negative attitude, or not giving you audience at all. Witnessing to a guy, I have no problem; but to female most of them if alone at that spot or walking, will fell like I came for wooing.

Although, I can confess that sometimes I don't have my Bible with me and the reason being that it just another random day not planned for evangelism and I felt led and I go.

Unlike the other thread that the OP sited case of lewd attitude of the male, which cannot be exhibited in a public places, the counterpart might have problem getting the right attention, It is only when you have the attention you will be able to witness.

CLOSING:
However, in both case nothing should stop you from Evangelism, if you have that guy or lady you felt it won't be a good idea to meet the person your self on your own, invite another person of same gender of your target, so that both of your could witness together. Don't try to form Batman or Wonder-woman, Stay away from any Appearances of evil, so your good will not be spoken of as evil.

Any Evangelism, Witness or Follow-up that involve opposite gender should be done in an open place where people will see you, it has never a shameful act to preach in public anyway. At her 44yrs, My Mum once preach to a Muslim man in Ilorin who follow her to church, that same day men where assign to follow him up.

Evangelism is not easy but also it's not difficult if you follow the principle.

Theres a principle called the SALT principle.

S- Start a conversation
A- Ask questions
L-Listen attentively
T-Tell the story (the gospel)

For a lady it's advisable not to go alone but with a guy or an elderly married woman.
Cos we know some guys see an opportunity to toast the babe and it might lead to sex. Some girls can be that susceptible.

For a guy, know that not everyone will give you audience. Just know how to pass your message and move on to the next one.
Evangelism is core to Christianity cos it's the last commission of Jesus christ.

On this note I find it imperative to advise potential evangelists to always pray for divine guidance and pray for God to go before them. Cos by flesh a lot can easily go wrong. But if God has been involved, even the most difficult person can give you audience.

At the end of the day, what's most important is having the right mindset about Evangelism.
It is not about you or your church but about God, Jesus Christ crucified and the souls.
Try as much to know that not everyone will be ready for you. But your part might simply be to plant the seed. Someone else would water for God to give the increase.

Meaning those that respond positively had been rude to the first person to preach to them.
While some will be rude to you for someone else to finally build on.

For no reason should you resort to insults or fight. Cos trust me some evangelism results in fight.
We all heard of a Redeemed evangelist who got killed while preaching in front of a mosque. Please apply wisdom.

More importantly, if you have spiritual leading, pray for direction. There are so many people dealing with issues beyond them. And I believe God's word can help them get through it.

Moral of the story, stop looking at the difficulty of evangelism but the impact the gospel has made on you or someone you have seen it affect positively.

Also one part most evangelist miss is praying for miracles. This is how the early disciples easily have converts. Ask for divine backing as you launch out on your evangelism. Mark 16:17
God bless you.

Let me leave you with the blessing of evangelism Daniel 12:3 and Proverbs 11:30, Mark 16:17.

Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,
And he who is wise wins souls.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? / Spiritual Meaning Of Seeing A Goat In The Dream / MFM:7 Days War Against The Rage Of Corona-virus Pandemic.||Dr.D.K.Olukoya(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.