Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,022 members, 7,953,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? (442 Views)

CHRISTIANITY EXPOSED: If Adam & Eve Were Created, Explain This / If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About / If Adam And Eve Where Whites According To Some Books And Bibles,why Are We Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by namiji2598: 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
A question I saw on one of my friends status and I decided to bring it here.
I need answers from my fellow brethren mbok

Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
Let's wait for the elders
Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by jmaxjohn(m): 4:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
Genesis chapters 3 and 4 present the following information: (1) Eve was “the mother of everyone living.” (2) Time elapsed between the birth of Cain and his offering the sacrifice that was rejected by God. (3) Following his banishment to become “a wanderer and a fugitive,” Cain worried that ‘anyone finding him’ might try to kill him. (4) God set up a sign to protect Cain, indicating that either his siblings or other relatives might try to kill him. (5) “Afterward,” Cain had intercourse with his wife in “the land of Fugitiveness.”​—Genesis 3:20; 4:3, 12, 14-17.

From the above, we can rightly conclude that Cain’s wife was a descendant of Eve born on an unknown date. Genesis 5:4 acknowledges that during his 930 years of life, Adam “became father to sons and daughters.” Of course, the Bible does not specify that Cain’s wife was Eve’s daughter. Indeed, the fact that she is mentioned after Cain’s banishment indicates that enough time had passed that she could even have been one of Adam and Eve’s granddaughters. Hence, The Amplified Old Testament describes Cain’s wife simply as “one of Adam’s offspring.”

Nineteenth-century Bible commentator Adam Clarke speculated that God’s establishing a sign as a result of Cain’s fear came about because several generations of Adam’s descendants already existed​—enough “to found several villages.”

That Cain married his sister or a later female descendant of Adam through the marriage of any of Adam’s sons or daughters is viewed by some societies today as unthinkable. This is usually because of societal taboos or fear of genetic defects. Nevertheless, F. LaGard Smith comments in The Narrated Bible in Chronological Order: “It is altogether likely that these first brothers and sisters enter into marriages with each other, despite the sense of inappropriateness which would be felt should that occur in following generations.” Also, it is noteworthy that it was not until Moses received God’s laws for the nation of Israel in 1513 B.C.E. that intercourse between such close relatives was specifically forbidden.​—Leviticus 18:9, 17, 24.

1 Like

Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by espn(m): 4:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
You need spiritual eye and understanding before you can understand this... lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by ikh777: 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
namiji2598:
A question I saw on one of my friends status and I decided to bring it here.
I need answers from my fellow brethren mbok
Are you really asking to KNOW or just to find a contradiction. This question has been answered too many times on nairaland yet people who just want to find errors keep asking...

NEXT TIME READ THE BIBLE TO UNDERSTAND.... this is a question based on semantics.

GENESIS 4:16-17 AMPLIFIED VERSION
16 So Cain went away from the [manifested] presence of the Lord, and lived in the land of Nod [wandering in exile], east of Eden.

17 Cain knew his [g]wife [one of Adam’s descendants] and she conceived and gave birth to Enoch;
Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by illicit(m): 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
inbreeding. even Eve was a part of Adam. Cain married his sister too
Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by kadas01(m): 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
The Creation of Adam and Eve did NOT happen in this physical world that we "temporarily live" in!

It happened within The Boundary of The Spiritual and Animistic as well as Ethereal Spheres of Creation!

The first human beings who "incarnated" this Earth came through the most developed animal at that time (closely linked to Ape) - known as "the primeval man"!!

Eternal Gratitude to GOD ALMIGHTY for giving us the greatest opportunity to have life!

Let's strive very hard to obey HIS Will Perfectly so that we can all earn Eternal Life!! Amen!!

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by Timbers(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
Cain married from the great Kalabari kingdom before

leaving his wife and joining WWE where

he teamed up with The Undertaker to win the Tag

Team Championship belts

1 Like

Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by odubayor(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
I once asked my pastor this same question

he told me that not everything was recorded in the bible

that Cain married his sister
Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by jared007: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
Cain married his sister. It's not only the bible that was written those days so therefore u can't get all information from the bible. Some gaps in the Bible are explained in ancient texts.
Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by Timbers(m): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
kadas01:
The Creation of Adam and Eve did NOT happen in this physical world that we "temporarily live" in!

It happened within The Boundary of The Spiritual and Animistic as well as Ethereal Spheres of Creation!

The first human beings who "incarcerated" this Earth came through the most developed animal at that time (closely linked to Ape) - known as "the primeval man"!!

Eternal Gratitude to GOD ALMIGHTY for giving us the greatest opportunity to have life!

Let's strive very hard to obey HIS Will Perfectly so that we can all earn Eternal Life!! Amen!!

Shalom!

This guy resemble God personal assistant
Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by kadas01(m): 8:30am On Apr 30, 2020
NOTE: The "typo error" in my explanation above is actually - "incarnated"!!.........NOT "incarcerated"!!

Thank you!

Shalom!
Re: If Adam And Eve, Are God's Only Creation, Then Where Did Cain Married From? by kadas01(m): 8:31am On Apr 30, 2020
Timbers:
This guy resemble God personal assistant
NOTE: The "typo error" in my explanation above is actually - "incarnated"!!.........NOT "incarcerated"!!

Thank you!

Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Meaning Of Breastfeeding A Baby In The Dream / Christian Facts In These Last Days / The Beauty Of Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.