Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice (56672 Views)

Ghanaians Drag Ex-President Mahama On Twitter Over Yahaya Bello's Mobile Clinic / How The Massive Lid Of 2000-Years-Old Stone Coffin Was Lifted In Egypt(Pics) / Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Mcreloaded(m): 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
A friend of mine in Kumasi explained to me that the lock down was suspended because of the high rise of pregnant ladies and girls within a spa e of 2 weeks.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Salmom: 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2020
Chosen1984:
Awesome !
There was no need for Africa to be on lockdown in the first place..

Our Leaders here Sheepishly followed the Europeans and Americans to declare Lockdowns..

Africa has its Pecularity.. Lockdowns in Africa would triple and Quadriplize the deaths in the The Region..

Many factors came into play in the Calamities of Nations in these Endtimes.. Covid-19 is not the only Disater on Earth Today, as Nations of the world are being hit with various mysterious events from Tornadoes, to Asteriods to Earthquake, Rivers turning to Blood, Mysterious death of Creatures in the sea, Animals, birds, Volcanoes, floods, and much more.. The Mainstream media just refuse to show many of these events and just focus on Covid-19.

America and Europe are Worst Hit for a Reason..

Africa is less hit for a Reason..

With the Exception of South Africa, I told those around me way back that Africa won't have much deaths..

These Events are Allowed for A Reason..

Africa has its own problems of Wrong leadership , Ritualist, Witchcraft, tribalism , Embezzlements, unnecessary bloodshed and all that. And thee are Consequences for these..

But African Leaders Refusing to legalize LGBT Wickedness and Abominations have saved the continent from lots of deaths..

I am not one bit Suprised with South Africa. I knew they will be worst hit in Africa.. They need to cease from trying to be European of Africa in bad things.. they should copy the good things there and not the Abominations and evils..

Locking down Africa nations will cause deaths from Hunger Virus. It will also bring about maximum Lawlessness..

Respect to President John Magufuli of Tanzania..

They That Hath Ears to Hear, let them hear.
Lmaoo. If the pandemic becomes disastrous in Africa you will be the first person to change mouth.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Dollabiz: 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2020
good
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Xtvafrica: 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
African Pastors That Can Raise The Dead - When Will They Start Using Their Powers on Corona Virus victims?
Everywhere you go across Africa, there always seem to be a messiah who is capable of performing some incredible miracles, from curing the blind, healing the sick to raising the dead.
When will these men start using their healing powers on Corona Virus victims?
Why is the lack of standard hospitals across Africa still a problem in the midst of these powerful men?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTFf6frgtBY

Why is Corona Virus Pandemic and The Global Lockdown Missing in Prophecies for 2020?
At the beginning of every year, So many self acclaimed men of God across Africa dish out prophecies.
How come a problem as big as this Corona Virus Pandemic and the global lockdown/shutdown was missing in their prophecies?

What went wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArjAY2nLBZA

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by tellwisdom: 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
Swanzi:

I can feel ur pain bro get handkerchief,wipe ur tears n enjoy ur generator Republic let’s enjoy our Ghana ...

Ur head like banku

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by lereinter(m): 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2020
Time will tell
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by naijaschoolguru(m): 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2020
tellwisdom:
Even if they leave them to roam 48hrs everyday, they are still hungry

Average Ghanaian eats Fufu with onions only.
The rich ones add fish to the onions
This table wey you dey shake ma hand no dey oo grin grin grin
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Ezmans: 12:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nbote:
Atleast dey are doing a whole lot right.. They have tested thousands and have been able to curb d spread.. Can we say d same? Until we are able to curb d spread and test more ppl with aggressive contact tracing, we are going nowhere and would only help d virus spread like wildfire if we try to copy dem
Another 14 days is loading
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Ezmans: 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
holocron:
Fulanis have killed thousands of people all over Nigeria and just killed 40 something people in Katsina yesterday and nothing serious is being done. No emergency on Fulani marauders! How many has coronavirus killed?
It won't be emergency bcs that are killing the poor, that's nigeria for you
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by 1vid(m): 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nothing wan Aboki no go see for gate.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by MainJoe: 12:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
streetfabulous:

Exactly. A temporary lockdown is necessary but we must understand that one of the purpose is to come up with containment plans and policies to operate the economy in the midst of the plague. Ghana has come up with how they will operate, other countries are working out plans based on their unique environment and resources to do the same. Nigeria on its own will have to sit down, study, and come up with plans to safely operate inspite of the problem. For instance, aggressive testing, enforcement of masks and gloves, massive and continuous grassroot campaign on hand washing and use of sanitizer, increased capacity of NCDC and health institutions for continued responsiveness to cases, enforcement of quarantine for all persons coming into the country , and so on. If we like, lockdown Nigeria for 5 years, there will still be viruses, plagues, diseases, insecurity e.t.c. Lockdown is not an end in itself, it is only a means to an end.

Exactly. We also need to empower the local governments to act with strict guidelines with respect to management at a local level. We can use social media channels for rapid training of local Covid-19 units.

We need to enhance testing capacities at a local level to treat this in micro-clusters. Making this a central affair is also a time bomb I am fervently praying against.

The FG should release the fund they want to spend on their so called 774,000 road sweepers and gutter cleaners (N60 Billion - you can imagine). That madness should stop. Channel those resources to the local governments under the guardiance of a local monitoring team by stake holders.

There is too much to do to continue this joke the FG and NCDC are displaying.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by suremanpatriot: 12:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
GHANANIAN PRESIDENT IS A MANDELA OF OUR TIME. WELLDONE SIR FOR CARING FOR THE PEOPLE AND SEEING THE MASSES FIRST TO SURVIVE. undecided
Nigeria is still in bondage of evil leaders the God will smite very soon and open the ways

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by DabuIIIT: 12:53pm On Apr 20, 2020
Hadiza101:
Insha Allah,we shall also rejoice soon.

Yes and that's when the south shall be finally free.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by gloryfidedesign(m): 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2020
The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords His Holiness has already declare Divine healing to the whole world. what is left is just the after effect of the virus but in the spiritual realm the virus has totally been destroy by the Living God because of His elect let the peace of our Holy Father be with you all Amen.

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by naijaschoolguru(m): 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Tomorrow one monkey or group of monkeys will come and be beating chest and berating other countries then talk about how their shithole is the centre of the universe
Jaquar, shut up, your opinion is senseless
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Absolutely right at bolded. We indeed got lucky
u are not lucky yet
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
Graysons:
Simple! Because they have a lesser population than Nigeria.

read what he wrote again.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
gloryfidedesign:
The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords His Holiness has already declare Divine healing to the whole world. what is left is just the after effect of the virus but in the spiritual realm the virus has totally been destroy by the Living God because of His elect let the peace of our Holy Father be with you all Amen.
ndi eriri eri
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by popooladayo(m): 1:06pm On Apr 20, 2020
Good 1
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Blindersoff: 1:07pm On Apr 20, 2020
Investnow2017:

So in your mind Ghana is worse than Nigeria?

Ghana has tested over 60,000
Nigeria has tested 7,153

So if Ghana has over 1000 confirmed cases and Nigeria 627, you can now understand.

The answer is test, test, test. Trace, Test, Treat

If you like lockdown for 10years, until you test and isolate infected ones, you are still joking.

I am in Ghana currently and I can tell you for a fact that Nigeria is better than Ghana when it comes to handling the Covid -19 pandemic.

It is not about the number of tests alone but the deep levels of ignorance here.

Besides they are 5 times smaller than Nigeria so easier to handle yet they are already heading to 1200 cases and statistically, comparing their data to Nigeria, they are doing worse.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by naijaschoolguru(m): 1:07pm On Apr 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

You are still dodging the real question...

Let me rephrase for you... Why is a far smaller nation testing far more than the GIANT of Africa?!

If Ghana can test over 60k in 3 weeks, why or what stops Nigeria from testing over 100k?!
Don't you know that, to control a larger group of people is far more tedious than a smaller group of people. In a class of a few students, you as a teacher will know all of the students by names and as head of the class you can control them easily. Compare to a very big class that contains so many students, where are you going to start from? It wouldn't be easy for you my brother, infact you can't Know all the students in the class. You can't not control them easily you will need more time before they can be organized perfectly, this is as a result of Nigeria. The smaller class that's well organized base on the smaller number of the students is an example of Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by DabuIIIT: 1:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
The useless thing at Aso rock is only concerned about the welfare of his own people in the north.

The money is derived from the south and spent in the north.
Every juicy strategic fed govt agencies are headed by them.

ALL FED GOVT PETROLEUM AND MARITIME AGENCIES ARE HEADED BY NORTHERNERS,CHECK OUT THE BELOW:

NNPC
PPPRA
DPR
PTDF
MIN OF PETROLEUM
ALL HEADED BY THE NORTH!!!!

ALL FED GOVT MARITIME AGENCIES ALSO ARE NOT LEFT OUT..

NPA
NIMASA
CUSTOMS

THE EVIL PEOPLE THAT WERE SHOUTING GEJ, JONATHAN THAT ARE NOW SUDDENLY DEAF AND DUMB!!!!!!!!
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Truthbites: 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
Tomtomy98:

Rejoice soon?
With the increase of confirmed cases in Nigeria

I don't look at Nigeria as a country TBVH. ..my opinion though
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Ekg911(m): 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
hotmediatv:
Ghana citizens rejoice as their president lifts ban of 21 days lockdown

Residents of the capital, Accra, and major centers will be allowed to return to work from Monday even though other restrictions such as school closures and a ban on sport and religious meetings remain in place, Akufo-Addo said Sunday in a televised address.

See video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufVgyrC5a-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVAMOfKICjc

Everyone reads news online, share a post, publish post and login, you could be earning for doing so, then why not try it.

The website also pays high for its affiliates. They will always pay you directly into your bank account.

The fact that we have been asked to remain indoors due to the corona virus pandemic is actually an opportunity for you to leverage on...
You can start today with a one time registration fee of N1,700 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how”
https:///BcFi2R4ITTIG5fxxSIjo2N
https:///+2348153376625
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Sharatan(m): 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2020
See how eloquent and well-versed he is in the English language..

Our own president na to dey speak jargon and to dey disgrace us up an dan.

I weep for Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Investnow2017: 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

I am in Ghana currently and I can tell you for a fact that Nigeria is better than Ghana when it comes to handling the Covid -19 pandemic.

It is not about the number of tests alone but the deep levels of ignorance here.

Besides they are 5 times smaller than Nigeria so easier to handle yet they are already heading to 1200 cases and statistically, comparing their data to Nigeria, they are doing worse.

You still have not pointed out how Ghana is worse than Nigeria in this respect. Remember you are in Ghana, you are not in Nigeria. Small population is immaterial here. The more reason why Nigeria should be more aggressive in the aspect of testing.

Tell me, how is Ghana worse than Nigeria? If you are using the figures as a criteria, I will not agree with you. Have you been watching Bangledash, Turkey, Russia and Saudi Arabia? The figures are tumbling.

With aggressive tests you will be surprised what the results will look like. Why massive testing is good is just so asymptomatic vectors do not transmit this virus to vulnerable ones. It's very critical. Until Nigeria's testing rises to more than that of Ghana it will be difficult for me to agree with you that Nigeria is doing better. Assuming the tests figures were close I could see reasons with you.

For mild symptoms though not all positive cases need hospitalization. Don't be surprised though that some in Nigeria are self-medicating at home already. Dangerous, dangerous. That is what limited testing can do.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Adakintroy2: 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
Avalancheman:
Nice. Coronavirus is not for Africa!

Now let me ask, have they reached the peak of confirmed cases

Have they flattened the curve

Have they tested all Ghanaians

Come on, what we need to focus on is the deaths.

How many confirmed cases lead to death

End the sham lockdowns in Nigeria already. They are NOT working. They CANNOT work!

Allow people to go about their businesses wearing masks and gloves - compulsorily.

Don't allow returnees to enter the country indefinitely... smiley

We are good to go!! cool

Don't mind our mumu government we no DE think. America has 40thoysand deaths and 800,000 case them.DE plan on reopening. We have just 12death and less than seven hundred case we on lock down.

Gain your economy and control face mask intensively. There are sexual transmitted desseas so men master the act of condoms..
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by UltimatedeBest(m): 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nbote:
Atleast dey are doing a whole lot right.. They have tested thousands and have been able to curb d spread.. Can we say d same? Until we are able to curb d spread and test more ppl with aggressive contact tracing, we are going nowhere and would only help d virus spread like wildfire if we try to copy dem

On the contrary, Nigeria has to follow the way of Ghana and lift the lockdown. All this testing has become a charade with fictitious increase in figures. My friend who is part of the team that are carrying out test wants the lockdown to continue endlessly. He was being paid for the first two weeks of the lockdown 900k, and he is expecting another 900k in the next one week. He said most of those new cases of covid-19 they are announcing are fake. That is just a strategy for an extension of lockdown while they smile to the bank. To him, covid-19 is a blessing and he don't want it to end soon. Please, disregard those new cases NCDC is announcing. They are collecting huge pay while the lockdown last.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by vaxx1: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
stagger:

They are testing house to house and very aggressively too. How many people have been tested in Nigeria?
Don't mind him. in terms of per capital testing, no country has tested much cases line Ghana in the entire africa. in absolute number , Ghana is only behind South Africa in entire africa with over 67 thousand tested cases .
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Modsfav: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
I pray the lift ours too
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Braniejay1: 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
_Now that everywhere has been shut down. Making money online is the only option you have. You shouldn't go broke during this period. Investing in Cryptocurrency like Ethereum via Forsage isn't a bad idea you should try out. Join the group to know more.

Presentation starts on Monday by 9pm.

https:///LVcFGY7AXh1LGI6Gxmdzcc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures / Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) / British Soldiers Told To Get Ready For War Against Russia, Warn Loved Ones (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.