Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 (1702 Views)

Two FUTO Students Found Dead In Their Lodge Today (Graphic Photos) / Pictures Of The Drone Made By FUTO Students / Four Final Year FUTO Students Design A Campus Surveillance Drone (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by footballflaver: 9:06am On Apr 20, 2020
Two students of department of Electrical &Electronics Engineering (EEE) Federal University of Technology owerri (FUTO) have designed a device which helps in curtailing the spread of the very dreaded COVID-19.

The device which was made just in form of a wrist band is programmed with the help of a chip to make a beep once your hands tends to touch your face which helps remind you not to do so.

The device also has an inbuilt sanitizer which is secreted once your hands are kept in the natural position while standing .

The fact that this device also helps record your current body temprature and oxygen level is Amazing. It is also said to track a COVID-19 patient location to help authorities locate them once the device detects a very high temperature and low oxygen level so as to isolate and provide adequate care for the patient.

The device is currently made available with locally made objects , these students are searching for support to help produce a more standard device just like the prototype shown in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ZYt2I6X2rh4

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by jikins(m): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2020
Impressive
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by Franzinni: 9:16am On Apr 20, 2020
Our government will overlook it ..after all they are Africans what can they do ...
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by 1realBobby(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2020
can it be mass produced and available to the common man?
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by mascot87(m): 9:48am On Apr 20, 2020
Lalasticlala please look at this. It's very important

Thanks
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by Idiotmod: 10:27am On Apr 20, 2020
God punish oyinbo. Nigerians get brain na our government dey devalue us
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 20, 2020
This is quite commendable. Sadly, since it's not nudity and it's likes, they can't get much help here.

I suggest they head to twitter, upload the device, then follow and tag top politicians, NCDC and WHO handles.
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by welturebotanical: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2020
Am Waiting for another set of people to call this 666
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by rs172(m): 12:19pm On Apr 20, 2020
@lalasticlala
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by lexzyy(m): 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
Great innovation

1 Like

Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by Hhenryy: 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nice work, but it becomes useless once the Corona virus saga is over.
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by PeacenLove2: 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
Great idea. I hope these guys get the proper attention and support.

What level of support are they getting from their college? Isn't their H.O.D involved? I feel institutions should have been better qualified to give them the proper directions and contacts.

Good luck to the guys. Fantastic,
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by KingAzubuike(f): 9:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
Idiotmod:
God punish oyinbo. Nigerians get brain na our government dey devalue us
Stop hailing mediocrity. This thing is absolute nonsense.
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by Idiotmod: 9:38pm On Apr 20, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Stop hailing mediocrity. This thing is absolute nonsense.
Did you watch the video. Anyway, ur opinion doesn’t mata to me
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by KingAzubuike(f): 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
PeacenLove2:
Great idea. I hope these guys get the proper attention and support.

What level of support are they getting from their college? Isn't their H.O.D involved? I feel institutions should have been better qualified to give them the proper directions and contacts.

Good luck to the guys. Fantastic,
Oga , attention and support is needed for better things not that nonsense they claim to manufacture. They themselves are looking for money. They wan blow. Wrist band that beeps when you want to touch someone lol I believe you would have even touched the person before the wrist band beeps that's if you even hear it at all. Nigerians always want to prove Intelligent but they are very dull. That device simply can't meet up with your reflex action.
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by KingAzubuike(f): 9:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
Idiotmod:

Did you watch the video. Anyway, ur opinion doesn’t mata to me
I did . I'm not condemning anyone, infact they tried or at least having an idea but it's a meaningless technology. Reflexes and stimulus from the brain are so fast you would have touched whatever you want to touch before that thing beeps. That's if you even manage to hear it at all.
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by Idiotmod: 9:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
KingAzubuike:

I did . I'm not condemning anyone, infact they tried or at least having an idea but it's a meaningless technology. Reflexes and stimulus from the brain are so fast you would have touched whatever you want to touch before that thing beeps. That's if you even manage to hear it at all.
I saw that too, but getting the idea is the best part. As they put it on now, there would be room for improvements. I saw it, you saw it. Experts that there discipline go inline with this, will nail where they got it wrong. I can’t condemn cos I can’t develop just a torchlight

There is sense inside nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by jurrsh(m): 11:25pm On Apr 20, 2020
welturebotanical:
Am Waiting for another set of people to call this 666

i swear��
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by PeacenLove2: 11:45pm On Apr 20, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Oga , attention and support is needed for better things not that nonsense they claim to manufacture. They themselves are looking for money. They wan blow. Wrist band that beeps when you want to touch someone lol I believe you would have even touched the person before the wrist band beeps that's if you even hear it at all. Nigerians always want to prove Intelligent but they are very dull. That device simply can't meet up with your reflex action.

I noticed how slow the motion up was but in its entirety, it's not a bad idea and with help, it can be improved.

I particularly like the part where they claim it can detect body temperature and oxygen level in the blood. I don't know how the paramedic thing can be useful here in Nigeria bit in other climes, it could work.

Every innovation didn't start out perfect on the first trial, ma. A little encouragement for those who try to do something is not bad either. If I can't encourage people, I make it a habit to just waka pass.

1 Like

Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by PeacenLove2: 11:46pm On Apr 20, 2020
Idiotmod:

I saw that too, but getting the idea is the best part. As they put it on now, there would be room for improvements. I saw it, you saw it. Experts that there discipline go inline with this, will nail where they got it wrong. I can’t condemn cos I can’t develop just a torchlight

There is sense inside nonsense

Exactly!
Re: Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 by KingAzubuike(f): 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2020
PeacenLove2:

I noticed how slow the motion up was but in its entirety, it's not a bad idea and with help, it can be improved.

I particularly like the part where they claim it can detect body temperature and oxygen level in the blood. I don't know how the paramedic thing can be useful here in Nigeria bit in other climes, it could work.

Every innovation didn't start out perfect on the first trial, ma. A little encouragement for those who try to do something is not bad either. If I can't encourage people, I make it a habit to just waka pass.
Lol.. detecting temperature levels, fine but detecting oxygen levels in the blood, i don't think they know what there are doing. They are just looking for an avenue to blow.. it's their type that started making sanitizers from home and selling at ridiculous prices. It's their type that started making face masks with Ankara and started selling. It's simply ridiculous.

(1) (Reply)

Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics / IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) / Niit Scholarship Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.