Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

The 2010 WC Penalty Miss Still Haunts Me... Asamoah Gyan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The 2010 WC Penalty Miss Still Haunts Me... Asamoah Gyan (261 Views)

Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen / Gifty Pushes For Divorce As DNA Test Confirms Asamoah Gyan Is Father Of Her Kids / Asamoah Gyan Goes Broke, Has Just £600? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 2010 WC Penalty Miss Still Haunts Me... Asamoah Gyan by CloudNineSport: 9:11am On Apr 20, 2020
Former captain of the Blackstars of Ghana, Asamoah Gyan has made known the only one incident in football that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

The incident where he missed a very crucial penalty for Ghana in the 2010 Fifa World cup quarter finals game against South American team Uruguay, will never depart from his memory, as it still haunts him till today.

Gyan missed the devastating penalty as it hit the crossbar in the last minute of extra-time, which jeopardized the hopes of Ghana defying expectations of nearly becoming the first Africa nation to reach the sem-finals of the World Cup.

The 34-year-old speaking in an interview said that, if only he had the chance to take back time, he will make things right but since he cannot he’ll have to leave with it for the rest of his life...
Read More @ https://www.cloudninesports.com.ng/2020/04/asamoah-gyan-reveals-that-he-is-still.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: The 2010 WC Penalty Miss Still Haunts Me... Asamoah Gyan by ayanbaba2(m): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2020
sorry ehn.

anytime I watched the reply of the match... I felt sorry for you too.

you failed your teammates!

anyway, I now understand that scoring a penalty kick is rocket science, not a childs play at all.
Re: The 2010 WC Penalty Miss Still Haunts Me... Asamoah Gyan by Valro(m): 9:41am On Apr 20, 2020
It should. Cos na the money wey I pay watch the match still de haunt me
Re: The 2010 WC Penalty Miss Still Haunts Me... Asamoah Gyan by Tolani0167(m): 9:49am On Apr 20, 2020
It haunts us all as African cos we wanted Africa to succeed in the game of football. It can happen to anyone too. I can never forget that match

(1) (Reply)

Video: Pogba Teases His Mom By Nutmegging Her Who Claims To Play Football Before / NFL Draft 2020 | Online HD / Eredivisie Could Reverse Decision To Void The League As Legal Battle Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.