Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi (32027 Views)

Boat Conveying Ondo Electoral Officials Capsizes / Oshiomhole Accident In Benin: The Damaged SUV Conveying Ex Governor / Umahi: We Won't Allow Almajiris Come Into Ebonyi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by NairaMaster1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
Some Nigerians are wicked.

We are playing with fire.
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by saintol(m): 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
Wonders of Corona. OK ooo
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
donbachi:
Ibo vs ibo...if na for north dem for don allow dem pass...nwannem for mouth,no love...."fugitives".

FUGITIVES!!!! LET CHECK THE MEANING IN OXFORD DICTIONARY ?

ugitive (from somebody/something) a person who has escaped or is running away from somewhere and is trying to avoid being caught

a fugitive from justice

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/fugitive_1
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by NairaMaster1(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
Simplyleo:
What goes around always finds it's to come around.

Gov Wike arrested some 22 oil workers in Rivers state for violating the prevailing order of restrictions in movement. Some beings clapped for him singing his praises.

Now, who are these fugitives?

98% sure they were trying to find their way back home following the paralysis in business activities in the wake of lockdown. Meaning, they are most likely Ebonyians.

Oya, let's clap hands for the gov.

How do you mean now?
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Habakus: 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
mrNEMZY:
Ebonyi
-First state in the east to impose lock down
-Criminal offence it caught outside without a face mask
-Clamp down on motorcyclists to reduce movement within the state.
-Closure of markets
-Complete lock down from 7pm to 7am.
-No case of covid-19, and frankly one of the states with the lowest chances of getting it.

I am yet to determine if this is proactiveness or one step further to dictatorship.

Nonsense
You should be commending the governor.
Ebonyi State could be a very volatile state for this virus if it gets into Ebonyi State - and he knows that.
This man goes around the state himself, even in the night,to make sure all the regulations are strictly adhered to when he could have been in his house with his family hiding out the virus like some of his counterparts.

5 Likes

Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by vr0xen: 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
Glink2018:

Ebonyi people are half Igbo , half hausa....they are different from the core Igbo people.

100% truth abakiliki boys and almajiri boys ............ no difference at all
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by eugolanda: 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
Why can't people obey simple rules for their own good.
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by tabithaola(f): 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2020
mrNEMZY:
Ebonyi
-First state in the east to impose lock down
-Criminal offence it caught outside without a face mask
-Clamp down on motorcyclists to reduce movement within the state.
-Closure of markets
-Complete lock down from 7pm to 7am.
-No case of covid-19, and frankly one of the states with the lowest chances of getting it.

I am yet to determine if this is proactiveness or one step further to dictatorship.

Nonsense

Markets are open oga. He's just been protective of his People but if this is what you call dictatorship,then that is what it is.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Ezewuzie01: 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2020
This is highly commendable. It is only by strict enforcement of laws that the pandemic can be defeated. Governor Dave is a very proactive governor. But these days, social media agents of Adaobi Peter no longer praise Umahi like they used to do just because he stands a brighter chance in 2023 than their boss.

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by kenyguy(m): 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by DabuIIIT: 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
Simplyleo:
What goes around always finds it's to come around.

Gov Wike arrested some 22 oil workers in Rivers state for violating the prevailing order of restrictions in movement. Some beings clapped for him singing his praises.

Now, who are these fugitives?

98% sure they were trying to find their way back home following the paralysis in business activities in the wake of lockdown. Meaning, they are most likely Ebonyians.

Oya, let's clap hands for the gov.

As usual, nothing reasonable ever....
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by africanusvu(m): 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
donbachi:
Ibo vs ibo...if na for north dem for don allow dem pass...nwannem for mouth,no love...."fugitives".
, Don't be an idiot.Eji coronavirus eme nwanne?is it only when they infect the entire community that you will celebrate them as Ibo brothers
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by InternalAuditor: 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2020
They are Ebonyi state people. Why calling them fugitives? Ndi Ebonyia sef cheesy
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by notime1997: 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2020
Good afternoon everyone, DM me to know how to buy cheap data online, as cheap as# 330 per GB. No point of wasting money buying data from resellers again you can buy data for your self and your family members.grap this opportunity now���
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Staphylococcus: 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2020
Wike was right

Criminals from Anambra are now going to other states to perpetrate crime.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Simplyleo: 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
DabuIIIT:

As usual, nothing reasonable ever.... A pure Mallam
I didn't ask for your picture though. undecided
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by notime1997: 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
Good afternoon everyone, DM me to know how to buy cheap data online, as cheap as# 330 per GB. No point of wasting money buying data from resellers again you can buy data for your self and your family members.grap this opportunity now��� dm 08146946240 or 09063434789
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Blackking98(m): 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
Passionate888:
Those policemen at the border between Rivers state and Akwa Ibom state just collect bribe from vehicles
They're chopping oyel money
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by donbachi(m): 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
africanusvu:
, Don't be an idiot.Eji coronavirus eme nwanne?is it only when they infect the entire community that you will celebrate them as Ibo brothers
i pity u.wen dem kill ibos for anambra and abia states,people gathered to express their views.the virus no spread from there and the governors did not ask their arrest..just for 6 men to cross enter nearby village in another state to the next nearby village of another state,to find their belle.na e go make d virus spread.una come even tag dem fugitives.
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by DabuIIIT: 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
Safety 1st
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Ebonyians done turn fugitives in their own land ..

Lol

Don't call igbo here...Limit the madness to the Lt Gen of Ebonyi state and his subjects

I live in Ebonyi, call him whatever name you like, I support him wholeheartedly for protecting my state from corona virus.

Them no dey do brother brother for corona virus. Ask Kano state.

Ebonyi must remain covid-19 free

3 Likes

Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Simplyleo: 2:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
[quote author=DabuIIIT post=88656420][/quote]
Okay, you are cute. Nice outfit.
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by DabuIIIT: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
Good
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by mechanics(m): 3:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
They should take their samples for testing.

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Shalom043(m): 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
Wisdomkosi:
Gov. Umahi's Anti-COVID19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi State(Photo)

Governor David Nweze Umahi's led 'Anti-COVID19 Compliance Team', on Sunday, arrested motorists, fugitives trying to sneak into Ebonyi State despite the lockdown order by the Governor to curtail the spread of the dreaded Coronavirus pandemic. The incident happened at Ivo Local Government Area of the State.

Igbere TV gathered that the team intercepted vehicles, fully loaded with fugitives journeying through Akaeze-Ishiagu into the state. Some others were also intercepted sneaking into the state on foot.

Igbere TV gathered that the bus drivers had charged and collected a huge sum of money from some of the fugitives before the team of the Governor intercepted them.

As at the time of filing this report, Governor Umahi and his team are still on inspection to ascertain the level of compliance with the directives of the state government at Akaeze, Ivo LGA.

The governor noted that there is leakage at the boundaries and reminded all LGA Chairmen, Coordinators, and other government appointees that their jobs are hanging on their ability to tighten the boundaries in their localities to ensure that we don't allow Covid19 entrance into the state.

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/1348419/gov-umahis-anti-covid19-team-intercepts-motorists-conveying-fugitives-ebonyi-statephoto/

I think it is very wrong for the writer to use the word fugitive, but people need to obey the law
Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by zcee: 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
All the south eastern whole borders should be closed with am immediate force since they don't have much cases and also not to allow imported cases in to the states....

Secondly the use of face masks in the public should be taken serious by every citizen in each States..

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2020
Shalom043:

I think it is very wrong for the writer to use the word fugitive, but people need to obey the law

See the meaning of fugitive

Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
vr0xen:

[s]100% truth abakiliki boys and almajiri boys ............ no difference at all[/s]

Illiterate like you, it's Abakaliki and not Abakiliki.

Myself as an Ebonyi man is even more educated than you, who happen to liken us to backwardness.

Unintelligent dimwit

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Ebonyians done turn fugitives in their own land ..

Lol

Don't call igbo here...Limit the madness to the Lt Gen of Ebonyi state and his subjects

And who says us inside Abakaliki are not in support of Dave's actions.

He should please arrest more fugitives. And yes fugitive is the right word. Apparently you don't know your lexicon, dumb skull, Peter Obi ass licker.

Ebonyi must remain COVID-19 free.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi's Anti-covid19 Team Intercepts Motorists Conveying Fugitives Into Ebonyi by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2020
Foxman19:
General umahi gonna kill them based on his declaration on covid19. R.I.P

I hope you know you can be reported to relevant state government bodies based on this comment.

Withdraw it or I must make sure I do so. I have email address to relevant government bodies to forward this slander of the Governor to.

Call it a threat, but you'll be fished out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing / Oyo 27-Year-Old Commissioner, Hon Fakorede Hosts Media Influencers (photos) / El-rufa’i Moves To Put Kaduna Back On Mega-city Top League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.