Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

IBB Int'l Golf And Country Club Abuja. (pictures, Video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IBB Int'l Golf And Country Club Abuja. (pictures, Video) (1101 Views)

First Presidential Jet Lands At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) / Andy Uba Lands His Private Jet At Anambra Int'l Airport: Video / Weekend Trip To Fair Acres Country Club In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB Int'l Golf And Country Club Abuja. (pictures, Video) by Experiencenaija: 2:45pm On Apr 20, 2020
In The late 1980s, the Nigerian government decided to move the Federal Capital from Lagos to Abuja. Establishing a golf course in the new municipality became a priority for the authorities, allowing relocated workers to enjoy a much-needed recreational facility in a new environment. 

Situated close to the Presidential Villa and the National Assembly, the course at IBB International Golf & Country Club occupies a 250-acre site adjacent to the National Aboretum, in an area that was formerly cloaked in dense forest, with small streams providing a perfect habitat for a wide range of wild animals and birds. 

Julius Berger, one of the country’s largest conglomerate companies, constructed the course and the first nine holes were unveiled in 1992, with the second nine following two years later. Several man-made water hazards (formed by dredging the old streams) give golfers the chance to spot the snakes and crocodiles that live just off the fairways.     

Named after the former military President of Nigeria, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, the club ranks as one of the best golf courses in Africa and is reputed to be one of the most beautiful parkland courses in sub-Saharan Africa.
The golf course occupies a land area of about 101 hectares with a great scenery and the playing distance of 6,098 meters.
The Golf Club also Features A 300m+, floodlit Golf Driving Range with 24 hitting bays is open morning till night every day.
This is a serenity to relax, exercise and have fun

Watch-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGCjgC_prO8

Re: IBB Int'l Golf And Country Club Abuja. (pictures, Video) by JasonJidenna(m): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
smiley
Re: IBB Int'l Golf And Country Club Abuja. (pictures, Video) by omoolorire(m): 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
Omo see correct ........

2 Likes

Re: IBB Int'l Golf And Country Club Abuja. (pictures, Video) by Dwangole: 10:02am On Apr 09, 2021
One of the coolest golf courses I have ever seen, I don't know how I missed this location, because I've visited many golf clubs all over the world. The most impressive thing for me is the presence of crocodiles, even if it is kind of ethnic and normal thing for the country, it looks luxurious and really exotic for me. Maybe I'll solve everything with my job soon and I'll test the Best forged golf irons on this course. Recently I bought Wilson Staff D7 Forged Golf Iron Set for right handed and I can't wait to try it. It seems to get warmer, but there are cases when it gets super rainy or even worse. So I'll wait until the late spring or early summer and I'll take a paid vacation.
Re: IBB Int'l Golf And Country Club Abuja. (pictures, Video) by gidy4u: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
How much it cost to be a member and is it open for everyone?

(1) (Reply)

MMA New Terminal Nears Completion - Pics / Cotonou / North American Airline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.