Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. (1643 Views)

Guys Be Careful The Way You Take Loans From Mobile Alone Applications / Services And Applications Google Has Shutdown In 2019 / Last Day On Earth: Survival MOD + Save Game Files For Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by Kayconcept2(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2020
In light of the global pandemic currently going on, coupled with the lockdown, so many people are practicing social distancing and self-isolating themselves. Work-from-home have become a norm, while meetings are now a lot easier than they used to be. Now I know there are loads of video calling applications out there, however video conferencing required a little extra from consumer level video chats.

To accomplish this you will be needing an application that can support a handful of people, also, this application has to be reliable and stable for business meetings over a long period of time without it crashing. There are a pretty good options in the web, but today I will be providing you with the best five video conferencing applications.

(1) Skype

The s so happens to be a pretty decent solution for small teams and businesses. This video's conferencing application supports video calls with up to twenty five (25) participants. It’s also completely free as long as everyone has Skype. You can ring people in without Skype, but that does cost a little bit of money. Skype is having a bit of an identity crisis. It wants to be hip and relevant, but it also wants to be decent software for stuff like this.

It manages to do both, but it might be a little too colorful for professional types. Still, 25 participants on a solid video connection makes it one of the best and cheapest options for video conferencing apps in it's league.

(2) Hangouts Meet

Despite the fact that Google gave up on this consumer app, it has managed to thrive as a business software. Hangouts Meet is a free service within Google’s G Suite software. It supports up to fifty (50) participants with above-average video and audio quality. It also syncs with Google Calendar and comes with some additional video conferencing features.

This is the obvious option for businesses, schools, and environments that already use G Suite. It might even be good enough to consider G Suite for your business. However, Hangouts Meet and G Suite requires locking yourself into Google’s ecosystem whereas most of the other apps on this list are standalone services. It’s just something to consider though.

(3) Zoom Cloud Meetings

Despite the fact that there has been some 'Breach of privacy allegations' against this app. This so happens to be another very powerful and effective option in this space. The zoom Cloud Meetings application supports up to a hundred (100) concurrent participants in a single meeting. That’s an impressive number. Additionally, it comes with audio-only, video, and text chatting. The free version is limited but functional.

The subscription prices are surprisingly reasonable for how many participants you can get. Some other features include phone call support, webinar and presentation features, and more. The UI is a bit clunky, but the video quality and stability are quite good. This is one of the best and most stable video-conferencing applications.

(4) Cisco WebEx Meeting

This so happens to be among the biggest video conferencing applications. It is pretty popular with business users and the app has some decent features. That includes joining a meeting with a single tap, customizable video layouts, and you can schedule meetings directly from the app. The video quality was decent and stable during our testing.

The app itself is a little clunky. Most complaints include the occasional login issue, minor audio issues, and the app’s clunky UI. However, it should work just fine for most use cases. Pricing varies. You may need to contact Cisco for more accurate pricing.

(5) GoToMeeting

This so happens to be a new and very popular video conferencing application, it supports up to fifteen (15) participants in the lowest subscription tier and 25-125 in the higher tiers. The app supports audio calls as well as video calls. Some of the other features include a Material Design UI, calendar syncing, a text chat in every meeting, presentation features, and more.

The video and audio quality are above average with this one. However, it's twenty-five (25)participant maximum is a little on the low side. This is great for small businesses or small teams within a larger business.

If there are other great video-conferencing applications I missed, pls do let us know in the comment section below.

Source :

https://spot.tecno.com/global/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=82703

Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by Kayconcept2(m): 7:17pm On Apr 20, 2020
Video Call like this.

Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by andelawhite: 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Great apps, I prefer usong Skype and zoom call
Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by sunshineV(f): 8:38am On Apr 23, 2020
Kayconcept2:
Video Call like this.

Can the camon 15 premier shoot video in 4k? If not then that's a waste of 95k and 64 MP camera

3 Likes

Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by bravesoul247(m): 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
Zoom does it better.
Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by Mohbola(f): 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2020
I like hangout and zoom
Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by edoairways: 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
sunshineV:

[s]Can the camon 15 premier shoot video in 4k? If not then that's a waste of 95k and 64 MP camera
[/s]

Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by OliviaNell: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Thank you for sharing. I usually just use Lotus Notes Integration with video conference systems, you can learn more about it here https://notes2conf.de/en/. This is much more convenient and a significant time saving, as for me
Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by hoilakes(m): 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
one would really enjoy these apps on phones like camon 16... if it wont be convenient for you to use airphones the camon 16 speaker is SO dope that you can easily listen to anything directly even in a little noisy area... even seeing movies with the device is very cool smiley wink
Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by Corroro: 9:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
talking about airphones, how about you use the Hipods?
hoilakes:
one would really enjoy these apps on phones like camon 16... if it wont be convenient for you to use airphones the camon 16 speaker is SO dope that you can easily listen to anything directly even in a little noisy area... even seeing movies with the device is very cool smiley wink
Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by YangaBabe: 6:17am On Mar 08, 2021
Nice list, I think Zoom is the real deal here
Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by YangaBabe: 6:18am On Mar 08, 2021
Corroro:
yes o, the output on those Hipods are super amazing
Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by hoilakes(m): 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
Oh that is true... Enjoyment of the highest order grin grin grin grin
Corroro:
Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by Kayconcept2(m): 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2021
Corroro:

I will try out the TECNO Hipods, I heard its very good
Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by Frstem: 11:38pm On Mar 09, 2021
Are we talking about Tecno or Video calling apps?

1 Like

Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by Corroro: 10:15am On Mar 13, 2021
Kayconcept2:

I will try out the TECNO Hipods, I heard its very good
sure, the Hipods are great and have very good output.
Re: The Best Five (5) Video Conferencing Applications For Android. by Corroro: 10:19am On Mar 13, 2021
Frstem:
Are we talking about Tecno or Video calling apps?

lol, we're talking about video calling apps for Android phones, but then it so happens that tecno is an android smartphone grin

(1) (Reply)

Pdf On 3110c / Help For Samsung Sgh Gt-s5233a / Beware Mtn Bundles!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.