Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,227 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:54 PM

How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. (4545 Views)

Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 / I Lost My Phone Last Week..how Do I Track It / 10 Ways To Make Your Cell Phone Last Longer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by seunfly: 8:59pm On May 06, 2020
On average 2years but when it can no longer serve me properly. I'm intense app user and i noticed that when phone clock 2years + they starts to find it difficult to effectively run some apps especially phones with lower midrange chips, because of that i usaully go for higher midrange or premium chips which can still handles demanding apps upto 5 years.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by cynhamscakes(f): 6:54am On May 07, 2020
If the phone is solid and intact, why change it? I used my last Gionee M6 for 3 years. I had to change it because the screen was sort of fading and wasn't keen on spending 36k again to change screen. It made better sense to get a new phone and since there wasn't any decent Gionee after M6, I switched to oppo A9 2020 last year December. I see myself using it for another 3 years grin.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by techboss1313: 9:37am On May 07, 2020
If not 4 years. That device looks undestroyable. Really an amazing device.
cynhamscakes:
If the phone is solid and intact, why change it? I used my last Gionee M6 for 3 years. I had to change it because the screen was sort of fading and wasn't keen on spending 36k again to change screen. It made better sense to get a new phone and since there wasn't any decent Gionee after M6, I switched to oppo A9 2020 last year December. I see myself using it for another 3 years grin.
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by squarelead(m): 1:20am On Jul 11, 2020
Pop corn. 08132672031
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Youngpo413: 2:58am On Jul 11, 2020
cynhamscakes:
the m6 nko?
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by cynhamscakes(f): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2020
Youngpo413:
the m6 nko?

Right here.

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by AmadorSays: 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
I think is all depends on usage and maintenance, generally, every smartphone should last you enough till you can afford to buy another, personally used my spark k7 for 2 years plus before getting the Camon 12 air, so phone durability lies much in the maintenance culture of the user

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by sagieramos(m): 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
Daveybos:
Most iPhone users hardly think of getting a replacement except for show off or show biz. That device is strong and replacement part is cheap.

I can remember my iPhone 8 falling through the window in a fast speeding car on lekki ajah express way, in fact the phone flew not dropped, my people that phone is still solid, never repaired it, only had an hair line crack on screen and edges scratch. Just change battery if you wish after some years, that’s all. I think wizkid is still using his iPhone 6 even if he has others.

A brand new iPhone or a good uk or us used iphone will last you years without issues, And will have a strong second hand value in the market when you want to upgrade.

I was a big Samsung galaxy s series fan tho, from s6 to s8+ but you see ehn, if ur Samsung screen should have fault, that phone is gone. You can buy a brand new s10 for 260k today and sell 90k tomorrow if the screen should crack angry
Was Really impressed by iPhone after the switch
True... just how one of my nigga abandon his S9 after less than 3 months of usage.
Mine (S7), less than a month of usage, the back got broken, and it became very ugly in a twinkle of eyes
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Corroro: 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
It should last as long as it can, atleast 2 years though. I'm still very much enjoying my Camon 12 air for 8 months and counting now.
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 18, 2020
squarelead:
Some people use phones for just some months, while some use phones for years. All things being equal, disregarding if your phone was stolen or misplaced. How long do you use mobile phones. For mine have been using my phone since July 2018, and I have no plans of changing it anytime soon, and on the average I use phones for at least 18 months. How long does phones last with you generally?
I still dey use my Nokia E7 never have access to android phone.
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 18, 2020
squarelead:
Some people use phones for just some months, while some use phones for years. All things being equal, disregarding if your phone was stolen or misplaced. How long do you use mobile phones. For mine have been using my phone since July 2018, and I have no plans of changing it anytime soon, and on the average I use phones for at least 18 months. How long does phones last with you generally?
I still dey use my Nokia E7 never have access to android phone
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Dynamiceagle(f): 7:59am On Aug 18, 2020
yeman1:
All my phones are not up to a year.. is either stolen or d phone died itself . I wanna buy a brand new phone that is not more than 65k but I still don't know which one can last longer

have you gotten the phone?

1 Like

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by saxby(f): 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
A good phone should last you well over a year if you maintain it well, I remember I used my tecno spark for over 2 years sef

1 Like

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by tenderjunkie: 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
My Gionee A1 is more than 2 years now. Only repair have done on it is the charging port.

My next phone will be Huawei whenever that is.

That phone is a machine and the durability is outta this world

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Kelgabriel5(m): 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
Huawei devices are seriously underrated in Nigeria. Have been using mine since June, 2016.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Kamaye(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
For me it is one year, whether it develops a fault or not I will sale it and add more money to buy a new one.
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by tenderjunkie: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2020
Kelgabriel5:
Huawei devices are seriously underrated in Nigeria. Have been using mine since June, 2016.
What's the model of your Huawei?

1 Like

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Asianjollof007: 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
cynhamscakes:

Right here.
Come dash me this phone, sir
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Kelgabriel5(m): 7:25am On Aug 20, 2020
tenderjunkie:

What's the model of your Huawei?
Gr5 mini, God willing I'll get y8 or y9 next
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by yeman1(m): 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
Dynamiceagle:

have you gotten the phone?
Yea....i bought Nokia
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by squarelead(m): 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
Smiles, my phone used 2 and half years. Have gotten a new one. It should last at least 1 year

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Launches N10/min To International Destinations. / Whatsapp Problem On Nokia 305 / Fallout Shelter Game Android Solutions Tool Cash APK Ios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.