Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

What Record Labels Want From Upcoming Artiste - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / What Record Labels Want From Upcoming Artiste (202 Views)

Nigeria Record Labels Looking For Artistes And Their Contact Address / Upcoming Artiste Guide – Why You Should Make Freestyle Videos. / Naira Marley Is The Biggest Nigerian Artiste” – Rapper Ycee Points Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Record Labels Want From Upcoming Artiste by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ever since I began my platform, I’ve realized that nearly all the upcoming artiste reaching out to me are only interested in signing a record deal. They don’t care about several measures and ways you are trying to show them how they could grow as an indie artiste and make so much money especially now that the internet is offering unlimited opportunities.

Good enough, most of them ought to be recommended because of the effort they are putting to make great music and also promote them whether on or offline; but I think I should be more straight forward and plain to put it to them at this point that making great music and promoting it is never enough if you are eyeing a record deal.

Forget about legends, fairy tales and cooked up stories of how a particular artiste was picked by a record label in the slums, simply because he did a freestyle that attracted the label owner without even being to the studio before.

I always say and will continue to say that ‘man-know-man’ or ‘connections’ is one of the basics when it comes to being signed by a record label here in Nigeria. If you research, you will gain the understanding that an 80% member of a particular record label has at one time or the other had relationships or is related in one way or another.

Now one of the ways these relationships are established is through recommendations. That is to say, a relation of so-so and so owner of a record label recommended so-so and so artiste with no option than to sign the recommended.

Now the remaining 20% of artiste who are signed to a record label achieved it through consistent years of commitment and hard work.

Let me not fail to add quickly that every record label never fails to conduct interviews on their potential candidates for a record deal before signing them, therefore, most of the points you will discover in this interview is meant to serve as a guide, in case you find yourself sitting in front of record label executives about to sign that record deal you’ve been praying all your life for.

So if signing a record deal is your aim and you belong to the 80% category of artiste who have connections, then this article is not for you; but if you belong to the 20% category who must make it through consistent commitment and hard work follow the link below and sign up to a free membership on our blog to read the 15 points stated and explained in this article.
https://blog.freestylevideoz.com/what-record-labels-want-from-upcoming-artiste-full-article/

(1) (Reply)

Contact Us Today For Massive Online Promotion / Promote Your Music Online And Get 50,000 Downloads And Likes On Page / Learn The Proper Approach To Piano In Six Month With Mray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.