Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases (513 Views)

Nigeria Records 2,445 Preventable Deaths Daily – Report / Lagos Records 2 COVID-19 Deaths / Lagos Records 2 New Coronavirus Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by jamesharryson(m): 10:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Abia Records Two Corona Virus Cases

Press Release

COVID-19 Update: We have Two Confirmed Cases in Abia

We have received the report of two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Abia State this evening from NCDC. Both patients are advanced in age but currently stable at an isolation center in our state.

On the direction of the Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, we have deployed our ventilators to the isolation center in readiness for their use if eventually required to nurse them back to good health. Our well trained medical personnel are offering all necessary support and we hope and pray the patients survive this ailment.

Contact tracing has commenced in earnest and our rapid response team is currently moving to bring in those who may have had contact with the two index cases.

Meanwhile, the result of “Prosper Vincent” returned negative and he will promptly be released from isolation.

We wish to call on our people not to panic but continue to observe all the guidelines issued by NCDC and the state inter-ministerial committee on COVID-19:

-Stay at home unless there is a compelling need to go out either to buy drugs or food. Do so with your face mask on

- Wash your hands regularly with soap under running water for at least 20 seconds or use original hand sanitizers to clean them

- Observe social distancing and also avoid crowds

- Do not open any market to trade and, please, stop using public transport until further notice.

Based on the age of the patients, we are looking at a possible community transmission and will strongly advice that all those who may have come in contact with the two individuals who hail from Ukwa and Umuahia North areas of the state immediately call 0700 2242 362.

The Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, will be addressing the media tomorrow on this development in Abia.

Thank you.

Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commasioner for Information, Abia State
20/04/2020

Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by SirBastine: 10:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ok
Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by jamesharryson(m): 10:52pm On Apr 20, 2020
Why Abia
Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by alphajerus(m): 10:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
But i thought abia state had tightened measures to stop the spread of the virus?
well i hope this aint returnees from abroad. i pray they get well asap.
Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by olaric(m): 11:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
Just hope they don't act foolishly.
Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by jom28gy(m): 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2020
Anyway,if is true,I trust my governor,he is capable no shaking
Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by oscarsam(m): 11:04pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nonsense!
Trash!!
Scam of the year!!!
Now av finally got a proof that what we are suffering in Nigeria is Covid-419 and not the original version of what other countries are passing through.

this Government better be warned or prepare to face the consequences that will result from all this planned Covid-19 Business.

it has always been known that once Tyranny becomes a Governmental apparatus to punish it's citizens, then Resistance in all forms becomes the Duty of the people!!!
Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by Achor1111(m): 11:09pm On Apr 20, 2020
E don happen
Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by muhyeenisce(m): 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
Thank God is corona virus vases not cases ��
Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by ga2017: 11:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
oscarsam:
Nonsense!
Trash!!
Scam of the year!!!
Now av finally got a proof that what we are suffering in Nigeria is Covid-419 and not the original version of what other countries are passing through.

this Government better be warned or prepare to face the consequences that will result from all this planned Covid-19 Business.

it has always been known that once Tyranny becomes a Governmental apparatus to punish it's citizens, then Resistance in all forms becomes the Duty of the people!!!
Get it right. No state goverment has the right to confirm a covid 19 case. All samples are sent to NDDC lab center where they will carry out test and confirm it.

1 Like

Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by StephyObodo(f): 11:29pm On Apr 20, 2020
Hmmmmm! What are we to believe now?
Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by jamesharryson(m): 11:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
muhyeenisce:
Thank God is corona virus vases not cases ��
I have corrected it. Thanks so much
Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by Godformeeeeeee: 11:45pm On Apr 20, 2020
Them too must cash out
Re: Abia Records 2 Corona Virus Cases by jamesharryson(m): 11:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
This is not a matter of cash out!!!
There is something you have to know. A governor or politician does not announce an individual a carrier of Corona virus! The samples of the suspected person are collected and sent to the testing centre, where the result is ascertained and firstly relayed to the NCDC before it comes to the state Governor. So no state will just stay and say it wants to cash out without the NCDC confirming the case

(1) (Reply)

My Period Stopped For Over 3 Months, Yet I’m Not Pregnant. Is It Normal? / Breaking: URIT Lipid Profile Test Kit NOW Available / How A Man On Kidney Dialysis Got Cured Without Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.