Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem (732 Views)

VP Shettima Confirms Interception Of 45 Trucks Moving Maize Out Of Nigeria / Opinion : Those Preparing For War In Nigeria / Opinion: Those Who Praise Sanusi Wont Tell You This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by wisdomiskey(m): 6:45am On Apr 21, 2020
In my humble opinion, those over the age of 45 are the main cause of the systematic rot in Nigeria. They are the most gullible, naive yet most wicked set of individuals I've ever come across in my life. These set of individuals are mainly responsible for:

Religious Fanaticism: These individuals will pack themselves like sheep, blindly following the teachings of thieves on a pulpit. They have totally suspended all use of their God given brains to follow "leaders" who leech off their pockets to enrich themselves. Will they ever speak up? they dare not! These set of individuals fear their pastors more than they fear God himself.
They treat those below them like shiit, engaging in acts such as child abuse in the form of "house help", oppression of staff in their workplaces etc.. yet you'll see them lifting up " holy hands" in church on Sunday.
They are hypocrites who call on God to destroy their "enemies", solve all their problems and make them prosperous so they can show off to their fellow regressive thinking peers.

Corruption, Selfishness & Lack of Foresight: Generation X / Baby Boomers failed to plan for the future. These are the same set of people you see in the corridors of power enriching themselves with national wealth, whilst mortgaging the future of the youths to their international slave masters through unnecessary begging & borrowing.
Their priorities are totally jacked up and they are shameless about it - They foolishly pass stupid laws such as the most recent ban on Falz's "bop daddy challenge", need I mention the recent pathetic attempt at the "Social Media Bill". Meanwhile, in this day and age, Nigeria still cannot boast of 24hrs electricity. Majority of Nigerian streets, roads and buildings have not been renovated in over 20+ years! There's no efficient rail system/network across the country, poor drainage system, everything rots and nothing works, yet these same old perverts travel regularly to developed countries to enjoy the perks of civilisation yet refuse to replicate the same in their own country. They are power-hungry old men (and women) who will refuse to give up power until their last breath!

Tribal Bigotry: I don't see many millennials arguing / expressing disgust for a particular tribe - need I say more?

Gullibility: Those who belong to this age group who are not in positions of power are the ones who campaign heavily against free speech and freedom of thought.
They listen to main-stream media such as Sky News, BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera etc.. media houses who are all controlled heavily by the powers that be. They dare not question the narrative and will shame others into silence for speaking up. They celebrate mediocrity and have an individualistic mindset rather than a collective desire for progression.

Worship of the White man: They still see the white skin as superior.
Ditto white & Lebanese oil workers
Ditto selling off our land and resources to the Chinese
.. all of whom abuse/oppress us in our own land!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by yanabasee(m): 6:46am On Apr 21, 2020
So.... What is the solution to tackling those you have stated here as the problem to Nigeria?
Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by helinues: 6:52am On Apr 21, 2020
Bankole was how old when he was Speaker?

How old is Yaya Bello

How old is Dino Melaye?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by wisdomiskey(m): 7:04am On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:
Bankole was how old when he was Speaker?

How old is Yaya Bello

How old is Dino Melaye?

Your point is??
Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by helinues: 7:04am On Apr 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Your point is??

Age is only a number...
Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by Toosure70: 7:11am On Apr 21, 2020
While the yahoo boys and 1 million boys are under 45.
Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by wisdomiskey(m): 7:24am On Apr 21, 2020
Toosure70:
While the yahoo boys and 1 million boys are under 45.

Many of these guys are victims of circumstance - young able boys who are pushed to the edge of frustration - no jobs, no benefits, no food, no light, no rights. There's only so much one can take.

My only problem with these guys is they've foolishly channelled their anger to fellow oppressed citizens rather than taking it up with those who have stolen from this country for decades! ..since they are ready to risk being burnt alive in jungle justice, I'd rather they risk their lives in an uprising against those baboons we call leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by Snaagg(m): 5:02pm On May 11, 2020
OP is 100% correct
Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by Coolberry: 3:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Many of these guys are victims of circumstance - young able boys who are pushed to the edge of frustration - no jobs, no benefits, no food, no light, no rights. There's only so much one can take.

My only problem with these guys is they've foolishly channelled their anger to fellow oppressed citizens rather than taking it up with those who have stolen from this country for decades! ..since they are ready to risk being burnt alive in jungle justice, I'd rather they risk their lives in an uprising against those baboons we call leaders.

They are not victims of circumstances. They chose that path. They love the lifestyle.
Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by wisdomiskey(m): 5:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
Coolberry:

They are not victims of circumstances. They chose that path. They love the lifestyle.

They still are victims of the system my guy. Not many options for them in terms of means of livelihood.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by Coolberry: 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2020
wisdomiskey:

They still are victims of the system my guy. Not many options for them in terms of means of livelihood.

Let's be realistic chief, that's what they really want to do. They enjoy every bit of it. You can see that in choice of music, dressing and lifestyle. Some do this from 100l till they graduate and then criticize the system. Are those kind of graduates even employable? They would accept a 100k job?

The victims of the system are the dead(police brutality etc) , struggling unemployed and entrepreneurs and every legit citizens....
Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by miteolu(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
As if OP will not reach that age. All of us should be blamed
Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by gasparpisciotta: 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2020
I think op is having issues with his dad.
Re: Opinion: Those Over The Age Of 45 Are The Cause Of Nigeria's Problem by wisdomiskey(m): 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
Coolberry:

Let's be realistic chief, that's what they really want to do. They enjoy every bit of it. You can see that in choice of music, dressing and lifestyle. Some do this from 100l till they graduate and then criticize the system. Are those kind of graduates even employable? They would accept a 100k job?

The victims of the system are the dead(police brutality etc) , struggling unemployed and entrepreneurs and every legit citizens....

Where are the jobs though?

Even those you would classify as "employable" how many have been able to secure employment?

(1) (Reply)

Osibanjo At Long Last Reveals His Whereabouts / Join Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Live Broadcast Today Been 17th May 2020 / FG Donates 130 Trucks Of Assorted Foodstuff To Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.