Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want (9418 Views)

Whatsapp To Roll Out 3 New Layers Of Security To Wrap Up Messages In New Feature / The One Smartphone Feature That People Don't Look Out For / WhatsApp Allows You To ‘Put Words In People’s Mouth’ In New Feature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
edoairways:

You have said it all. All my videos, documents, applications and pictures sent to me are still intact since 2015 till date. But those on my WhatsApp aren't working instead it asked me to ask the sender to resend them

Whatsapp cloud storage is 6months, Telegram cloud is continues just like fb and everyother social media.
The downside is, the other person you're chatting with on TG can just decide and clear all your chats one day and that will be all. That's not possible in whatsapp.
Each app has it's own advantage and disadvantage depending on your intention.
If you want to discourse a serious issue of evidence with a dubious person, never use TG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by encryptjay(m): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
vickydankal:
For my peace of mind , telegram is bae.
After my WhatsApp was hacked few times by my employer I had no choice to hug Telegram
How was your employer able to hack your account multiple times?
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
vickydankal:
After my WhatsApp was hacked few times by my employer I had no choice to hug Telegram

Hacked your whatsapp how? It's much easier to hack Telegram than whatsapp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by OperaNewsHubNg: 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
I am happy people are finally recognising telegrams superiority over whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by vickydankal(f): 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
encryptjay:

How was your employer able to hack your account multiple times?

I have to ask the man.
I don’t work there any more. I started my own business now.
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by finalboss(m): 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
light099:

how, can you prove this ??
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
finalboss:
how, can you prove this ??

You can use Whatsapp on just one device, you can use TG on numerous devices. So if I ever laid my hands on your mobile, I can quickly clone your TG on my phone and keep reading your messages, and you won't even know. If anyone tries that with you on whatsapp, you know immediately and would take the right step. Even if you scan code to use whatsapp web, your mobile whatsapp will notify you and I think you can log it out assuming it's someone trying to clone your whatsapp.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by abumeinben(m): 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nbote:

Stress ke.. Oga its automatic... It's no stress for me.. I dont have to try to sell me telegram.. I have dem both and I dont even bother to use d telegram

You still don't get bruh.... Any recent addition to WhatsApp features already exists in Telegram.... stickers feature is an example. Telegram even has in-app browser. You can open multiple accounts on one Telegram app. When added to a group, you see the chats from day 1. When finalboss said he still has his 5 year old multimedia files, it means Telegram stores your data on their server, so that when you delete from your device, you can still get from chat. Plus Telegram has polls feature, folder creation..... Have you ever tried sending a 1GB file on WhatsApp?

WhatsApp dey learn.

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by finalboss(m): 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
abumeinben:

You still don't get bruh.... Any recent addition to WhatsApp features already exists in Telegram.... stickers feature is an example. Telegram even has in-app browser. You can open multiple accounts on one Telegram app. When added to a group, you see the chats from day 1. When finalboss said he still has his 5 year old multimedia files, it means Telegram stores your data on their server, so that when you delete from your device, you can still get from chat. Plus Telegram has polls feature, folder creation..... Have you ever tried sending a 1GB file on WhatsApp?

WhatsApp dey learn.
whatsapp's annoying especially that duta news. grin you can't even edit message on it.
Whatsapp and telegram is just like using Tecno and samsung grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by dheaven: 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
Telegram is the best but the challenges is that you wont see most people in your contact there.
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Taye2988: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Are you interested in learning how to create a Text Animation Video with your smartphone for free??
Kindly send us a DM with ur name first then we get you started
https:///send?phone=+2347054046202
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by etrange: 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Same old debate. Lol

Here's my take:

Telegram was released about 4 years after Whatsapp and it's clear they copied most of its features including the look and feel. However, over the years, they added more features which makes the app even more sophisticated (although more complex). Telegram has timed self-deleting chat option while Whatsapp does not. Whatsapp activities are easier to trace cause of its dependence on phone numbers thus making it a slightly safer space. Telegram is also more responsive though I believe this is due to the very limited number of users. Telegram stores your chats on their servers. This is both good and bad. Good cause it serves as an automatic backup and bad cause they have your secrets and that's subject to hacking. Besides, can this be sustained when telegram moves from 200m users to more than 1b users like Whatsapp? Whatsapp, on the other hand, uses end-to-end encryption. Again this is good and bad. Good cause it makes hacking almost impossible and it can accommodate more users, and bad cause you have to initiate back-up and restore yourself. Telegram is more ubiquitous than Whatsapp (it runs on multiple platforms). Telegram also allows sharing of larger file. This is, once more, a feature the app might not be able to sustain when/if they get as many users as whatsapp. WhatsApp's video call which supports multiple users at the same time gives the app a great height that telegram is yet to attain.

Conclusion:
Telegram is more focused on features and takes advantage of its fewer number of users to offer a wider range of options. WhatsApp is more user friendly and more secured against third party data theft.

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Efisko1(m): 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
vickydankal:

U dnt mean it,,, watsapp hacked,, how now..... angry
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Hybuk: 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
https://www.hybuktech.com

Buy cheap airtime and Data bundle.

Pay CableTv and Electricity Bills

Send bulk SMS

Registration is free.
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Pact: 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Whatsapp thread turned to telegram

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nellsworld(m): 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
edoairways:

You have said it all. All my videos, documents, applications and pictures sent to me are still intact since 2015 till date. But those on my WhatsApp aren't working instead it asked me to ask the sender to resend them
Use two step verification and also limit people adding you to groups
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by edoairways: 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nellsworld:

Use two step verification and also limit people adding you to groups
On WhatsApp or telegram?
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nellsworld(m): 7:08am On Apr 22, 2020
edoairways:

On WhatsApp or telegram?
Telegram, whatsapp don't have the limiting access, anyone with ur no can add u to any group on like telegram that you can limit
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by edoairways: 9:09am On Apr 22, 2020
light099:

It is the other way round
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by edoairways: 9:09am On Apr 22, 2020
Nellsworld:

Telegram, whatsapp don't have the limiting access, anyone with ur no can add u to any group on like telegram that you can limit
That is true
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 22, 2020
edoairways:

It is the other way round

I already explained to someone in the thread. You can scroll to see my explanation.

If you ever used different software and apps, social media before, you would agree each has it's own strength and weakness.
I saw people on the thread talking about having their documents on TG for many years, same way it's easy to lose your document on TG and it will be gone. An admin can clear all your important chats from TG group and that's all. That's not possible in whatsapp.
I use both Whatsapp and TG and I know when to use each. If I want to discuss any delicate issue with you, I will use whatsapp but if I use TG, you can clear all our chats within a second and there wont be a way to track you.
The only suggestion I will make for whatsapp is to remove the 6months limit of their server storage, aside that, I think whatapp and TG are both ok, it all depends on what you want.
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by KrazyDave16(m): 9:35am On Apr 22, 2020
hardeycute:
If only my people will use Telegram.

Asin ehn, but most people just want WhatsApp cos of status
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by edoairways: 10:09am On Apr 22, 2020
light099:

I already explained to someone in the thread. You can scroll to see my explanation.

If you ever used different software and apps, social media before, you would agree each has it's own strength and weakness.
I saw people on the thread talking about having their documents on TG for many years, same way it's easy to lose your document on TG and it will be gone. An admin can clear all your important chats from TG group and that's all. That's not possible in whatsapp.
I use both Whatsapp and TG and I know when to use each. If I want to discuss any delicate issue with you, I will use whatsapp but if I use TG, you can clear all our chats within a second and there wont be a way to track you.
The only suggestion I will make for whatsapp is to remove the 6months limit of their server storage, aside that, I think whatapp and TG are both ok, it all depends on what you want.
Yeah. I was the one that posted about document staying for long time. Even if am not in a group, my document still stays especially if they are sent to me directly however with WhatsApp it doesn't. I would have to ask the sender to resend such document again.
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 22, 2020
edoairways:

Yeah. I was the one that posted about document staying for long time. Even if am not in a group, my document still stays especially if they are sent to me directly however with WhatsApp it doesn't. I would have to ask the sender to resend such document again.

You're right. But that's only if no one tampers with it. If you offend the admin, it only takes a jiffy to clear all your important posts, same way if you have important conversation with someone, and maybe the dubious person doesn't want you to use the chat against him/her, it only takes a jiffy to clear the chats, that's not possible on whatsapp.
Whatsapp too should make their server storage limitless though, so that you wont have to tell a sender to resend documents, aside that whatsapp is ok in what it does. Like I said. I use both very well and I use TG more these days, but still, the situation always determine which one I use.
Even with that Telegram server storage, if you're inactive for month(s) or a yr (depending on your settings), TG will wipe all those info and documents you're talking about and delete your account.
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nellsworld(m): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2020
light099:

You're right. But that's only if no one tampers with it. If you offend the admin, it only takes a jiffy to clear all your important posts, same way if you have important conversation with someone, and maybe the dubious person doesn't want you to use the chat against him/her, it only takes a jiffy to clear the chats, that's not possible on whatsapp.
Whatsapp too should make their server storage limitless though, so that you wont have to tell a sender to resend documents, aside that whatsapp is ok in what it does. Like I said. I use both very well and I use TG more these days, but still, the situation always determine which one I use.
Even with that Telegram server storage, if you're inactive for month(s) or a yr (depending on your settings), TG will wipe all those info and documents you're talking about and delete your account.
Someone can only clear the group page only if he or she is an admin
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 22, 2020
Nellsworld:

Someone can only clear the group page only if he or she is an admin

Yes. I said admin. It's in my post you quoted.
If it's one on one chat. The other person can clear his chats and your chats too. The can also change and edit what they posted, so even if they wrote an evidence you can use against them, they can edit it into something else. That's why always have my important chats on whatsapp, I know no one can clear or tamper with it.
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by edoairways: 11:58am On Apr 22, 2020
light099:

Absolutely
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Mohbola(f): 8:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
Oh
Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Standout Features Of The Itel A70 / HOT! Tecno Y5 – Discussion Thread / Infinix Zero 2 (pro) Vs Infinix Hot Note Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.