Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. (572 Views)

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / Lawyers Advise Women To Drop Maiden Name After Marriage / Lawyer Oladapo Ogundipe With Seven Children As Lawyers (Law Family) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by sunnymighty(m): 8:08am On Apr 21, 2020
Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This.

Good morning nairalanders.

Please pardon my errors. I will go straight to the point, I work away from home but ensure I visit my family every fortnightly.

On Monday 9th of March, 2020 at about 2am in the middle of the night, I received a distress call from my wife that hoodlums had invaded my compound with the intent of vandalizing the mast installation located within my premises, after making several distress calls to those concerned and the attempt foiled, they made away with my generator, we also discovered my fence was badly damaged in the course of gaining access into the compound.

Over a month after this unfortunate incident, I am yet to receive any response in form of compensation from the organization regarding the generator that was carted away and my fence that was badly damaged by these hoodlums after a report regarding the above mentioned incident was claimed to have been submitted by the security supervisor in charge.

I had to spend my own money to mend the fence that was destroyed, no money can compensate for the trauma that my family had to go through during this terrible experience.

Please I want to know, is it in place to demand for compensation? Or better still, put who pays for the loss? Thank you.
Re: Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 21, 2020
Na wah o, you make it sound like the robbers are employees of the mast company, they are victims just like yourself infact they could even claim you are the robber using damaged fence as a cover up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by psucc(m): 8:30am On Apr 21, 2020
You and the company suffered mutual loss. They is no "thank you" from either side.

move on with your life or just meet a lawyer who will make a fortune from you while yöu still lost las las

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by Skyfornia(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2020
Oga you don't want to be at loss but you want the company to be at loss? Nigerians! I fear una!!

Let me ask...Where is your conscience??
Re: Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by Amya(f): 10:02am On Apr 21, 2020
Uncle you were robbed. Cut your losses and move on and stop looking for who to saddle your loses on. Thank God it's just you generator you lost and not your life.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 21, 2020
It isn't their fault that you were robbed.

Unless you can prove it is, which I doubt.
Re: Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by Ishilove: 11:32am On Apr 21, 2020
Would they have been a target if the mast wasn't in their compound? If the installation was in the company premises or is standing independently, wouldn't repairs have been carried out on the damages? So what happens if the occupants of the compound are attacked again because of this mast?

I think the company has some liability in this.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by sheDD(m): 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
veeshock:
Na wah o, you make it sound like the robbers are employees of the mast company, they are victims just like yourself infact they could even claim you are the robber using damaged fence as a cover up.
follow this advice and hold it up in ur mind. You might be accused unfairly if you anything harsh
Re: Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by sunnymighty(m): 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thank you all for your contributions, I really appreciate.
Re: Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by sunnymighty(m): 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ishilove:
Would they have been a target if the mast wasn't in their compound? If the installation was in the company premises or is standing independently, wouldn't repairs have been carried out on the damages? So what happens if the occupants of the compound are attacked again because of this mast?

I think the company has some liability in this.
They actually came for the mast(primary target) they left in frustration with my Gen. when they couldn't achieve their aim.
Re: Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
sunnymighty:

They actually came for the mast(primary target) they left in frustration with my Gen. when they couldn't achieve their aim.

I'm sure that your contract with the owners of the mast did not include that they shall indemnify you in any event of a break-in, so there is no way that they can be liable or even a contributory to alleviate your misfortune.
Re: Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This. by frozen70(f): 4:11am On Apr 23, 2020
sunnymighty:
Lawyers In The House, I Need Your Advice On This.

Good morning nairalanders.

Please pardon my errors. I will go straight to the point, I work away from home but ensure I visit my family every fortnightly.

On Monday 9th of March, 2020 at about 2am in the middle of the night, I received a distress call from my wife that hoodlums had invaded my compound with the intent of vandalizing the mast installation located within my premises, after making several distress calls to those concerned and the attempt foiled, they made away with my generator, we also discovered my fence was badly damaged in the course of gaining access into the compound.

Over a month after this unfortunate incident, I am yet to receive any response in form of compensation from the organization regarding the generator that was carted away and my fence that was badly damaged by these hoodlums after a report regarding the above mentioned incident was claimed to have been submitted by the security supervisor in charge.

I had to spend my own money to mend the fence that was destroyed, no money can compensate for the trauma that my family had to go through during this terrible experience.

Please I want to know, is it in place to demand for compensation? Or better still, put who pays for the loss? Thank you.

If you are the owner of your compound, let them connect you to their power house, but you won't be able to use, pressing iron, freezer or fridge and other heavy electronics

If they refuse, after the expiration of your contract with them, tell them you will appreciate if they leave, you know they won't want to leave, then increase the ground rent for them

(1) (Reply)

My Stepbrother, His Mother And His Girlfriend / Who Is To Be Blamed For The Failure Of A Marriage:man Or Woman / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.