Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! (6910 Views)

Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee / Jamb Rules Out Extension Of Utme Forms Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by ibadanchap: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2011
A friend called me this evening and said school holidays have been extended till Feb. 1. Just watched on NTA News the confirmation that Public and Private Schools have been closed till Jan 30th.

I don't see why schools have to be closed for voters registration. Especially since most of the school children are not of voting age (Primary/Secondary)
Where do they expect parents to put the children for the extra 3 weeks?

I am disappointed the government could take a decision like this.

Results have been bad. Now we take 3 weeks off again!

Na wah ooo.
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by amurx(m): 1:28am On Jan 07, 2011
this 1 no make sense at all
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Oluwabee(f): 11:45am On Jan 07, 2011
shocked shocked shocked Wow! Now dis doesnt make sense

Whr on earth ar dese parent goin to put their children
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by uglyBetty1(f): 11:54am On Jan 07, 2011
Na wah, till Feburary, please are you sure. Two of my cousin that their parents stays in USA that are studying in Nigeria will be in the house with me for one whole month. Those girls can eat. How am i going to manage. They can finish four cups of garri during lunch, not to talk of dinner.

I don die oooo. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by JUO(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2011
i see young stars on street
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by daniel90(m): 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2011
I'm not fine with the postponement too, but i think their schools would be used as the registration centres. ALL D BEST NAIJA
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Tunsbobo(m): 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
The postponement were made because some schools are being used as centres 4 the ongoing Voters registration. They postponed the resumption date to enable a hitch-free conduct of the voters registration!
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Eveoeve(f): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
ugly Betty:

Na wah, till Feburary, please are you sure. Two of my cousin that their parents stays in USA that are studying in Nigeria will be in the house with me for one whole month. Those girls can eat. How am i going to manage. They can finish four cups of garri during lunch, not to talk of dinner.

roflol
this madam u are not serious, abeg feed dem well well oh. lol

http://naturekay..com
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Eveoeve(f): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2011
JUO:

i see young stars on street
e never reach like dat abeg! After all they've bn on holidays, nothing happened. Just a few more wks.
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by oluagness(m): 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2011
Eveoeve:

roflol
this madam u are not serious, abeg feed dem well well oh. lol

I have been searching for stinging woman for long, now I have seen one. If they are your children nko? I beg feed them very well ooo grin
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2011
ibadanchap:

A friend called me this evening and said school holidays have been extended till Feb. 1. Just watched on NTA News the confirmation that Public and Private Schools have been closed till Jan 30th.

I don't see why schools have to be closed for voters registration. Especially since most of the school children are not of voting age (Primary/Secondary)
Where do they expect parents to put the children for the extra 3 weeks?

I am disappointed the government could take a decision like this.

Results have been bad. Now we take 3 weeks off again!

Na wah ooo.

i dont know about nigeria but in zimbabwe normally civil servants i.e teachers does the voters registration so it makes sense if there using the teachers
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by ceej(m): 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2011
guys its just a confused Government.Is this how Jonanthan will govern? What has school got to do with Registration.What are local council employees doing? Let them be given the tasks of the voters registration
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by kpozite(m): 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
Inconsistency in policy is the Hallmark of this administration. After coming out some weeks ago and claiming to be encouraging reading habit and now this(stopping school cos of politics). Where is this govt heading?
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by oluwabamis(m): 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
this is bad news. where will my wife put the kids. moreso, wll the schools give a discount 4 all those extra days at home. the pathetic thing is the election may just be like the previous ones (fradulent)
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Omolola1(f): 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2011
Are this people ok at all?

Lagos strike that has just been called off undecided
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by ceeplus(m): 2:55pm On Jan 07, 2011
what about the South-East Universities that hv been on strike since 5month and.IMSU will resume sch.on 10th of Jan.now another 3weeks holi is coming, THIS ONE NA WAHALA oooooooooh.Another tru life story, this one don pass SUPER STORY
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by mummy3(f): 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2011
ceej:

guys its just a confused Government.Is this how Jonanthan will govern? What has school got to do with Registration.What are local council employees doing? Let them be given the tasks of the voters registration

It seem you are an aboki, What has this got to do with Jonathan's govern. Those this makes Jonathan to be a bad president or stops the country not to excell. I know u want ur nothern mallam to be on that seat. Nothing for una
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Tunsbobo(m): 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2011
ceeplus:

what about the South-East Universities that hv been on strike since 5month and.IMSU will resume sch.on 10th of Jan.now another 3weeks holi is coming, THIS ONE NA WAHALA oooooooooh.Another tru life story, this one don pass SUPER STORY
the extension is not going to affect any university in the country
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Honveritus(m): 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
me i dont undersatnd this one oo. it nigeria the first country that wants to conduct a free and fair election. closure is it for security or that they want to use th schools for registration exercise. they should remember that an idle mind is the devils workshop oooo.
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by mummy3(f): 3:15pm On Jan 07, 2011
They will cope the way they've been coping during hols, i advise parent to employ lesson teachers to keep the children's brain busy.
About issue of food, kids takes food to school. i see no difference about them staying and eating at home. cos they even consume more while going to school e.g Food + Caprison or Bobo, Biscuit etc.
They only problem i feel they will give is noise and scarttering the house, you tell a child stay here dont move, before you'll blink ur eyes that child is off the seat.
It will affect some working mothers.
I dont mind to take my leave this period, so that i can spend sometime with my kids.
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Ezennaemeka1(m): 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2011
Mek una abeg try c reason wit d govt na! They wan use d schuls for registration ex
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Ezennaemeka1(m): 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
Mek una abeg try c reason wit d govt na! They wan use d schuls for registration ex
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Ezennaemeka1(m): 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by daylae(m): 3:21pm On Jan 07, 2011
More to the security situation on ground. If the schools and staffs are going to be used for the registration,then it is expidient that students should stay at home for the period. The security that will be provided at all venues is sure not safe and certain. We don't want any form of planted bombs at schools. The government is definately cautious of this fact too.
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by mummy3(f): 3:24pm On Jan 07, 2011
ugly Betty:

Shie you said U.S, enough cash dey now why you dey panic.  
So wont they eat same, if they're on session
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Mehiedu(m): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2011
Nigeria is wonderful,every thing is possible in this country.
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by fuke(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2011
And WASCE will hold in Febryuary.

Useless leaders, unlucky Country.

For this, Jonathan has shown again he is visionless

and has lost 7 votes to Buhari or Ribadu. Neither

of these would have given these useless holidays.

What a waste.
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Righton: 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
mummy3:

They only problem i feel they will give is noise and scarttering the house, you tell a child stay here dont move, before you'll blink your eyes that child is off the seat.
Just like you did to mummy 2 when you were small
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by goggs(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2011
Nigerians are so skeptical of any Government move that even some rational ones are denouced!

Where better to do registration? Your houses? Una wan be like Adedibu (of unblessed memory)

Primary and secondary schools are most visible, more neutral and easily identifiable. Also supporting infrastructure are available. Offices (even if makeshift or temporary), furniture for officials and even the public are easier sourced in schools. Shifting schools resumption by two weeks shouldn't be too much of a big deal. For those whose children eat too much, try 001 or 010 to cut down cost. remember you are sacrificing for the greater good.

Also, the press release says that SS3 students are exempted by this extension! That means that the WAEC examinations are on course

Kai, think people, think
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2011

I don die oooo.

LOL!!! sorry, sis.
Re: Extension Of School Holidays - This Is Crazy! by Knight1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2011
this is not wise. clearly. how can govt do this at this time? why can't the REgistrars do their work in school assembly halls or undertrees or something? i don't just see a lot of wisdom emanating from GEJ's administration. this was most definitely not well thought out.
how can you close all schools?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation / Jamb Utme Is Myschool.com.ng App A Fraud? / Educational Centres In Africa- (pictures Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.