Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely (23732 Views)

Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) / BREAKING: FG Postpones Jan. 18, 2021 School Resumption Indefinitely / NECO Exams Resume On Monday, 9th November 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by NwekeUG(m): 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
IgbereTV reports that the Federal Government has announced the indefinite postponement of this year’s West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the National Examinations Council because of the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic.

The Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, said this at the daily Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 briefing in Abuja on Tuesday.

Both examinations were slated for May and June 2020.

The minister said that 15 states had already commenced electronic learning for pupils on their local television and radio channels following the stay-at-home orders of the federal and several state governments.

Nwajiuba appealed to parents to cooperate with the government to ensure that their children were made available to learn at the designated hours and channels.

The minister said the government was looking at what to do for schools to reopen.

According to him, nobody can reopen schools until all efforts have been coordinated by the government.

He said: “We have announced that WAEC and NECO for the year have been postponed. This postponement is indefinite at the moment. We will also be looking at what we will do for schools to reopen. As you recall, we asked that schools be vacated in the last part of March 2020 as soon as this pandemic broke out.

“The lockdown in various parts of the country will definitely affect whether students and teachers come to school or not. So nobody can reopen schools until we have coordinated all efforts. We are also asking parents to help us.

“We have made provisions available online. The Directorate of Information and Communication Technology in conjunction with the Universal Basic Education Commission, the coordinating agency, will anchor an alliance with State Universal Basic Education Boards in all the states so that they can key into our design.

“About 15 states have already commenced learning via different channels that are available in their states, mostly local TV and radio. All the programmes they are running are approved by the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Commission. Some of those states are Anambra, Lagos, Kaduna, Ondo, Edo, and Ogun. There are different education programmes for different times.”

The minister said the biggest challenge of the government was how to reach pupils who are living in rural communities without devices to learn.

He said, “Our biggest challenge is how to reach children who do not have devices. We re working with the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria to install some of that for primary and secondary school students."

http://igberetvnews.com/1348640/covid-19-fg-postpone-waec-neco-exams-indefinitely/

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Vision4God: 9:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Indeed after this pandemic, a new life to adjust to.

10 Likes

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by helinues: 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Better..

We just have to adjust to reality..
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Amotolongbo(f): 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
The minister said the biggest challenge of the government was how to reach pupils who are living in rural communities without devices to learn.

He said, “Our biggest challenge is how to reach children who do not have devices. We re working with the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria to install some of that for primary and secondary school students."
those ones living in the urban communities, do they have constant electricity to power their devices?

These people don’t know what they are doing

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by inedujac: 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
I hope them go write dis yr sha
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by toffyz(m): 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
Definitely

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Hausaboy239(m): 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Coronavirus touching every part of our lives!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by GrandMufti: 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
inedujac:
I hope them go write dis yr sha

Next year
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by kerry57: 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Yes, na so. Enough time for expo and bomb distributors to plan ahead of the unknown date.

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Rebuke: 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Almost everything is on hold right now.

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wonderment *, these clowns are aiming at 2 months.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by paulolee(m): 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
yes na..dts d right thing to do with the way the virus is spreading very fast..when they is life they is hope na who get life de reason exams na..
pls guys in d ous i nid help..my bea bestfriend said she'll kum around 2moro to kip me company knowing dt my bea travelled to her mum place in same state..i gat a feeling its a plan work bcox d gal is going all sexy n dirty tru out dis nite chat.. wat shud i do?? i miss oga ubunja 4 dis kain mata o..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by starbuck(f): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
So 2020 is finally ruled off the radar cry cry

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by momodub: 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hummm
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by sthecy(f): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
If there’s one thing I am feeling for....it’s just for these kids and their school.

It’s really well in this country

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Ussycool: 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Eyyah.
Our children are also pay for our sins.

And when they want to apply for job they will claim to recruit a 19 years old graduate.
Naija is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Lankybaby(f): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
it's well... may God heal the land

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by mejai(m): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Na WA o
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
CoronaVirus no dey listen to anyone o

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by GodloveTony: 9:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Sad

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
CLOSE BORBER DUMB GENERAL NO GREE
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by olax02(m): 9:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
I hope student will be able to write their names again by the time all these coro stuff is over

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by GodloveAnthony: 9:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Amotekun777: 9:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
sadet
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by ignis: 9:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
They don't have a Choice

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Some of them are happy.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by adecz: 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
sad sad

Till August!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
olax02:
I hope student will be able to write their names again by the time all these coro stuff is over
Let them read

That's their own work from home.
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Ajiunivaz(m): 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hmmmm all is well
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by Nvc078: 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Soon plants will start contacting this virus
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by bunmconig(m): 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely by lifestyle1(m): 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
It's well!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: / UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar / The Life Of A Typical Class Rep In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.