Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,963 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

� The Four Powerful Pros And Cons Of Feelings� - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / � The Four Powerful Pros And Cons Of Feelings� (504 Views)

Four Powerful Biblical Solutions To Coronavirus / Four Powerful Biblical Solutions To Coronavirus / Four Powerful Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

� The Four Powerful Pros And Cons Of Feelings� by Adekemi01(f): 9:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Merriam dictionary defines feeling as: undifferentiated background of one's awareness considered apart from any identifiable sensation, perception,or thought,undifferentiated background of one's awareness considered apart from any identifiable sensation, perception, or thought.

Now, let's go into the pros and cons of this feelings.

1. �� JACOB : You know the story, Jacob was fooled because of feelings. In the twenty-seventh chapter of the book of Genesis, verse 21 to 23, Isaac said to Jacob, Come near, I pray thee, that I may feel thee, my son, whether thou be my very son Esau or not. And Jacob went near unto Isaac his father; and he felt him, and said, the voice is Jacob's voice, but the hands are the hands of Esau. And he discerned him not, because his hands were hairy, as his brother Esau's hands: so he blessed him.

Many have been fooled today because they cannot discern. Some so called children of God still set flees for God to guide them in decision, they try to communicate with God that is spirit through their natural senses. So, they run into trouble because no one can know a wolf in sheep's clothing by feelings. However, by discernment. Some forgot the Scripture that says God is Spirit and even the evidence of being a child of God is being able to be led by the Spirit of God. It is not by feelings, it is by knowing (discerning).

�� AMNON : And it came to pass after this, that Absalom the son of David had a fair sister, whose name was Tamar; and Amnon the son of David loved her. And Amnon was so vexed, that he fell sick for his sister Tamar; for she was a virgin ; and Amnon thought it hard for him to do anything to her. (2 Samuel 13:1-2). Looking at it naturally, some persons will say he so much loved her and was sick of love but the source of the feelings is from the pit of hell. In fact, after he has pretended and succeeded in defiling her, the Bible says in verse 15; " Then Amnon hated her exceedingly; so that the hatred wherewith he hated her was greater than the love wherewith he had loved her. And Amnon said unto her, Arise, be gone.
Hey brother! Watch your feelings and emotions. The love you have for her because of her beauty and dignity is not enough to marry her. Many marriages are collapsing to because it is built on foundation of feelings. Beware!

�� TAMAR : Amnon lay down, and made himself sick: and when the king was come to see him, Amnon said unto the king, I pray thee, let Tamar my sister come, and make me a couple of cakes in my sight, that I may eat at her hand. So Tamar went to her brother Amnon's house; and he was laid down. And she took flour, and kneaded it, and made cakes in his sight, and did bake the cake. And Amnon said unto Tamar, Bring the meat into the chamber, that I may eat of thine hand. And Tamar took the cakes which she had made, and brought them into the chamber to Amnon her brother. And when she had brought them unto him to eat, he took hold of her, and said unto her, Come lie with me, my sister. 2 Samuel 13:6-11 You see, in the first place, when David told her that her was sick and that her brother chose her to minister to him, Tamar would be blushing saying in her mind "my brother loves me above everyone". My sister, open your eyes and see. It is not everyone that has feelings for you truely loves you, it is called infatuation and inordinate affection. Many sisters have joined themselves in friendship/ marriage in the name of he loves me. You know the end of the story, GUARD YOUR HEART!

�� SAMSON : Samson was in relationship with the daughters of Philistines. Those ladies are experts in dishes and of course in romance. Samson feels so loved whenever he is with them. (Remember, Jacob seemed to love Esau and gave him food and drinks, but he actually did that to take away his birthright). Now, it is time for Samson to get married. Then his father and his mother said unto him, Is there never a woman among the daughters of thy brethren, or among all my people, that thou goest to take a wife of the uncircumcised Philistines? And Samson said unto his father, Get her for me; for she pleaseth me well. (Judges 14:3) . You know end of the story, he died on the lap of Delilah. It is not by what you feel but discerning who he/she is.
There is a need for every child of God to discover the ascent and clear way God speaks to him/her. Also, our spiritual senses have to sharpened and trained how to tune to the frequency of the supernatural.

I hope the write up has blessed you, don't hesitate to share with your friends and family.

Ogunlade Adekemi Boluwatife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: � The Four Powerful Pros And Cons Of Feelings� by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
nice one ma

1 Like

Re: � The Four Powerful Pros And Cons Of Feelings� by Adekemi01(f): 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
Thanks for the comment ma. To God be the glory.
Re: � The Four Powerful Pros And Cons Of Feelings� by mumumugu(m): 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
thy shall not feel
Re: � The Four Powerful Pros And Cons Of Feelings� by Adekemi01(f): 9:12am On Apr 26, 2020
Yes o. Thanks for stopping by sir
Re: � The Four Powerful Pros And Cons Of Feelings� by Dtruthspeaker: 10:52am On Apr 26, 2020
Adekemi01:
Merriam dictionary defines feeling as: undifferentiated background of one's awareness considered apart from any identifiable sensation, perception,or thought,undifferentiated background of one's awareness considered apart from any identifiable sensation, perception, or thought.

Now, let's go into the pros and cons of this feelings.

1. �� JACOB : You know the story, Jacob was fooled because of feelings. In the twenty-seventh chapter of the book of Genesis, verse 21 to 23, Isaac said to Jacob, Come near, I pray thee, that I may feel thee, my son, whether thou be my very son Esau or not. And Jacob went near unto Isaac his father; and he felt him, and said, the voice is Jacob's voice, but the hands are the hands of Esau. And he discerned him not, because his hands were hairy, as his brother Esau's hands: so he blessed him.

Many have been fooled today because they cannot discern. Some so called children of God still set flees for God to guide them in decision, they try to communicate with God that is spirit through their natural senses. So, they run into trouble because no one can know a wolf in sheep's clothing by feelings. However, by discernment. Some forgot the Scripture that says God is Spirit and even the evidence of being a child of God is being able to be led by the Spirit of God. It is not by feelings, it is by knowing (discerning).

Ogunlade Adekemi Boluwatife

I understand why you came to this conclusion but you are only 50% right because feelings and discernment generally in appearance are the same but they are Not. The second half of that answer is It is Knowing as you said which in all cases means Knowledge.

Feeling is different from Discernment in many ways but the most significant of the differences is that Feeling is to the flesh Discernment is Spirit, exactly as a man on earth is, being both Flesh and spirit.

And you Know as the Bible said man (soul) is also spirit wearing the clothes of flesh which when man got dirty and corrupted, God confined the corruption to the flesh, hence God hated the flesh ever since and removed Himself from it and Condemned it to Die.

Hence Flesh is God's enemy.

But God, in continuation of goodness and love keeps and kept the spirit in man intact, UNLESS...(waiting for the question here).

Discernment is Spirit, Feelings is Flesh. The Bible shows us the difference in them, one is ALWAYS Wrong and the other is ALWAYS Right, one brings Life Always,the other brings Death Always, One Always brings happiness, joy, peace and good things, the other Always brings pain, suffering and evil things.

That's why it is written "he that ruleth his spirit is greater than he that taketh a city" and Paul advocated that we should be Dead in the (spirit of) Flesh.

I have seen that men are born and taught/ trained in the spirit of the flesh for years and the world teaches same too, just Paul said Hence the spirit of the world is the same as the spirit of the flesh. Therefore men find it difficult to follow the way of the Spirit of Life and the way of the Spirit of God.

(1) (Reply)

How To Receive The On-coming/infilling/baptism Of The Holy Spirit / Happy Birthday Dr. DK. Olukoya / The Kingdom Of Heaven Is For Every Believer And Not Just For 144,000 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.