Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths (103380 Views)

COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 / 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths / COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 22, 2020
yerokunphilips:
God our eyes are on you ,we know we don't have what it takes to handle this . Even the so called world powers are overwhelmed, talkless of our nation . God you are help of the helpless ,help us as a nation ,as a continent and the world as a whole . We plead for mercy. All these we asked in Jesus Christ mighty name .

Amen Amen Amen !
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Nnamdinaija(m): 12:45am On Apr 22, 2020
I suspect NCDC
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:47am On Apr 22, 2020
merryossai:
to those who keep shouting that this virus is a scam, and to those who keep travelling up n down despite the lockdown, your ignorance, carelessness and disobedience will lead this country to doom.

#please stay at home if you can, keep away from crime n when feeding becomes an issue, always remember home(village).

So how will they get to the village when you say they should not travel
You're concerned abt people moving about yet you're not worried about the security agencies who help them escape the lockdown in return for 100 naira. Are they not the biggest culprits?

3 Likes

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by chinchum(m): 12:48am On Apr 22, 2020
The rate of testing is terribly slow. The slower the rate of testing, the faster the spread of the disease. As of now close to 20% of people tested are positive with covid-19
8000 test and 800 infected is average of 10% positive.

4 Likes

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Frk247: 12:50am On Apr 22, 2020
Pls u should be specific d particular place, hospital these people are. Let it not be fake fake new. Increasing the numbers will do US no need. Pls u people should know dat d poor Masses are d one suffering all these. Because those Rich people never even touch there food stuff at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by TMKsouth: 12:52am On Apr 22, 2020
kalufelix:
The scamdemic premier league is still on bro..NCDC needs to qualify for the Uefa champions league at all cost...sorry you are still alone...#safestay

Lol grin, funny metaphor anyway.
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by babtoundey(m): 12:56am On Apr 22, 2020
117 cases in just one day! Hope this thing has not been indigenized already.

With the way the cases surges daily, one doesn't know if there is tomorrow. Provided there is, we don't know the kind of tomorrow will be and how to live through this tough period.

Doctors, scientists, researchers, thinkers, philosophers, priest and all those that think they rule the world are right now confused. The only reliable option is to seek for God's intervention. We have suffered enough and we've learned our lessons.

3 Likes

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Agarli(m): 12:56am On Apr 22, 2020
lilyheaven:

I guess he's just keeping himself busy, since he has nothing to do with his time, even sleep has left him.
lol, dis lockdown can be frustrating tho!

1 Like

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Investnow2017: 12:58am On Apr 22, 2020
chinchum:
The rate of testing is terribly slow. The slower the rate of testing, the faster the spread of the disease. As of now close to 20% of people tested are positive with covid-19
8000 test and 800 infected is average of 10% positive.

Right on point. I think we seem to have squandered the opportunity afforded by the lockdown to carry out aggressive and extensive testing. Sadly that did not happen.

To think our total tests is still below 10,000 well over 60,000 less than what Ghana has done is as ridiculous as it is preposterous. And someone heralded that we are doing better than Ghana. When I read it I just laughed in pidgin English cheesy

Do we really know what we are toying with?

2 Likes

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by eseosa77(m): 12:59am On Apr 22, 2020
Victorious1000:
Thought 5 have been discharged in Edo? Why still 15 cases?

Is NCDC a scam?

7 discharged so far and 1 death.
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by olalekanyeba: 1:02am On Apr 22, 2020
God we need your help. Pls show up
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Udoskybest: 1:04am On Apr 22, 2020
[b][/b]Corona virus will not kee us, Amen
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Pavillon: 1:05am On Apr 22, 2020
dy are doing exercise up and down......
Can u remember that first week of lockdown when ppl came out in some locations(IKD and gbagada) and started forming like one superman and woman.
oversabi, na e go kill us of lagos
OdefaGirl:
Stay indoors.....no way...
They are doing one million boys......
They are protesting......
Some say it's scam.........

This might even be worse than the statistics here......

1 Like

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by stokfrick: 1:07am On Apr 22, 2020
Wolgrace:
Let us forget the western pattern of curbing the spread...

Please, is there any idea on how to curb it with the epileptic system of our nation?

Still thinking

ITs SIMPLE
FRESH LOKDOWN FOR 2WEEKS DURING WHICH THERE'LL BE:
MISSIVE/STRATEGIC DISTRIBUTION AND ENFORCEMEMT OF ADMINISTRATION OF ZINC, HYDROXY-CQ OR CQ(CHLOROQUINE) AND AZITHROMYCIN ON EVERYBODY
ENFORCEMENT OF NOSEMASK WEARING/SOCIAL DISTANCING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by NaijadrivaCars: 1:10am On Apr 22, 2020
Did they add the 150 'mystery deaths' in Kano
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by askakim(m): 1:10am On Apr 22, 2020
no work, so salary this month in most of the private coy in lagidi if you're a contract staff

1 Like

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Jeferious: 1:12am On Apr 22, 2020
fortran12:

its death rate is very low, malaria kills more than corona virus, its media hype n ease of transmission thats making it scary
Nna my brother I tire for those people. Dem just dey hype this corona nonsense. But that one no concern me again. I no follow them argue again.

My eyes right now are focused on the situation in the Western world, where I'm sure the virus is REALLY having a field day. Because I know that once they lift their lockdowns over there, our leaders here in Africa would surely follow suit immediately.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by yeman1(m): 1:15am On Apr 22, 2020
They want to stop spreading of covid 19 but they refused to lockdown many places , ppl are still coming from foreign land to Nigeria, tell me how will it not increase? Even within we refused to stay at home. Na wa oh.. I prayed what happened in America should not happen in Nigeria.
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Pavillon: 1:15am On Apr 22, 2020
bro, this lockdown cant work in Nigeria, i repeat, it cant work...........and u cant blame us, we have to work.

But what if they enforce use of nose mask and hand gloves, can it not curb the spread of the virus too?
are there not countries using that method?
now that it is clear and glaring to everyone that corona is real, social distnacing can still be maintained, along side with good hygiene and protective apparels.... but u see tgis lockdown, its quite hard for most lagosian.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by kalufelix(m): 1:17am On Apr 22, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:
We are in deep poo.
Ignorance will make this virus spread
And the most annoying part is that some people still don't believe this thing is real they claim that the government is scamming us
I am avoiding those people. angry angry
We are also avoiding people that carry coro matter for head like head gear...worse off is that 100% of them never know their status o...lol
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:18am On Apr 22, 2020
merryossai:
to those who keep shouting that this virus is a scam, and to those who keep travelling up n down despite the lockdown, your ignorance, carelessness and disobedience will lead this country to doom.

#please stay at home if you can, keep away from crime n when feeding becomes an issue, always remember home(village).

I
How will the individual get to the village ?
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by humblebobojay(m): 1:20am On Apr 22, 2020
BlackSpanner:
Welcome to the Nigerian corona virus premier league with so much inconsistencies.

How can Lagos with no single case on Monday suddenly have 59 on Tuesday. Does that mean no test was carried out on Monday.

The Benue index case has been running for about a month now.

Enugu said it discharged it's 2 cases and Akwa Ibom 3 cases last week but the NCDC league table says otherwise.

Kano has maintained it's grip on the top 4 position.

Last week the NCDC boss said all States will surely have this corona virus cases.

Great people, I need your thoughts on all these.
abi na the lie is more much than the truth, they are now doing as if INEC is colating election result. It is a league o i accept it too and we can name it COROLEAGUE-20
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by masterflowx(m): 1:28am On Apr 22, 2020
mrkings84:
Holy shit.....

If it's COVID19 that will format and reset this country to normal by killing hundreds of thousands of Nigerians, then it's a welcome development.

I mean massive deaths. Such that dead bodies would be everywhere and there won't be space to bury all.
and you wouldn't be left out
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Peppermintflav: 1:31am On Apr 22, 2020
When we were seeing Italian death rate of 600 people in one day we were saying its not our portion, the weather is hot it will not survive in Nigeria....some were saying its a scam, some are still saying it's a scam. My brother my sister, even if we are playing politics with our COVID-19, it doesn't change the fact that there is a virus plaguing the whole world. Sit at home... we no gree. Isolate....we no hear. No gathering in Churches & Mosques... we no hear. Now we are wondering how 117 people caught the virus in one day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Daddysidhan: 1:33am On Apr 22, 2020
AnanseK:
1. No Pastor came to isolation Centre for healing session for Covid 19 patients.

2. No Pastor is using his annointing oil as sanitizer

3. We’re all together with them in lockdown

After Corona, you will still go and see Pastor to heal your headache.

How can we keep our naive brothers and sisters away from con men?
what about your imams and sheik with their black powder abi dem self no dey claim say Allah Akbar

2 Likes

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by ComradeShegs(m): 1:33am On Apr 22, 2020
mrkings84:
Holy shit.....

If it's COVID19 that will format and reset this country to normal by killing hundreds of thousands of Nigerians, then it's a welcome development.

I mean massive deaths. Such that dead bodies would be everywhere and there won't be space to bury all.

I hope you'll be part of those to die. Iranu

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by manuelreports: 1:36am On Apr 22, 2020
Yohh:
Now that covid 19 curve of the rest of the world is plateauing and descending, ours is peaking.
This is no joke.
God! deliver us!
You are far from information
Today USA have a new a 27,000 new cases
The world will be locked down in the next 6 months while that of Nigeria may reach 8 months. (Praying for God's intervention) anything that will make any country open up now, it will be disaster, considering the rate at which the disease is spreading. The worst here is that they are not testing enough people, a lot of people already have the disease but are moving around unknowingly spreading the disease.

5 Likes

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Catsofnaija: 1:38am On Apr 22, 2020
yerokunphilips:
God our eyes are on you ,we know we don't have what it takes to handle this . Even the so called world powers are overwhelmed, talkless of our nation . God you are help of the helpless ,help us as a nation ,as a continent and the world as a whole . We plead for mercy. All these we asked in Jesus Christ mighty name .

Lol
Prayers don't work here.
Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by Shakirashakira: 1:39am On Apr 22, 2020
Who is deceive who on this matter? It was 30 cases before the lockdown today is 782 cases so how come the spread keep growing faster on lockdown than when people were moving around I think there virus is an indoor virus and not outdoor virus

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths by kalufelix(m): 1:39am On Apr 22, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:
Damn, the shit is skyrocketing..
Breakdown according to region..
SW..........493
NC+FCT..........130
NW..........101
SS..........31
NE..........22
SE..........5
Total.........782
Agarli:
so what's ur conclusion from the inferences u just wrote above?
South East is hugely marginalized...So they are right to agitate for seccession..

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

15 Countries With No Confirmed COVID-19 Cases / Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide / UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.