Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? (552 Views)

‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group / Misconceptions About Your Town, State Or Ethnic Group. / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 1:43am On Apr 22, 2020
I see so much tribalism online, particularly nairaland than I do offline. I'm from South-South but even though you were from the moon, I still would love you just as long as you live an honest live.

I've had differences with people not because of their tribe but because of them and what they did.

It's annoying enough to travel to some countries(some parts)in the world and face racial descrimination but more annoyingly, in a place we call home, our country, we still fight ourselves online and offline over ethnic and tribal differences..

I've created this topic to enable each tribe and ethnicity learn about what the other tribe or ethnic group does not like about them.

This topic is not meant to spike tension between ethnic groups but to work on their differences in order to promote a tribalistic free community online and offline.

I believe if we all know our mistakes and faults, we can all work towards a solution..
Together we can put an end to tribalism.
You're a human first Remember that..

#Say_No_To_Tribalism..

Please drop your comments let us reason together..

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by nanauju(f): 1:56am On Apr 22, 2020
cool
Re: Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 2:52am On Apr 22, 2020
Tribalism only exists and ends down the south, both online and offline. Reason, the North tactically mapped out the innocent and flawless way to dethrone GEJ, and all those involved were rewarded with juicy positions bountifully. E.g chibok school principal, sanusi, ex-bbog co-leader, shattima, buratai, ganduje, current emir, etc (power of unity with one voice). While the most disunited southerners were all used and dumped as wastes. Eg oby, BAT, timi frank, dino, saraki, even a northerner might replace osho baba soonest, etc....

The unity of the North exposes the south of her glaring weaknesses, errors, and faults, WE NEED NOT TO MENTION THEM TO AVOID NEGATIVE ENERGIES UNDER THIS THREAD. I urge the southerners to humble themselves and unite in peace, then we proceed to negotiate the unity with the North if achievable. If not, we ..................... Fill the gap.

As a citizen of the heartbeat, king and gateway of southwest, I love other tribes the more...

#EndTribalism

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 22, 2020
Wolgrace:
Tribalism only exists and ends down the south, both online and offline. Reason, the North tactically mapped out the innocent and flawless way to dethrone GEJ, and all those involved were rewarded with juicy positions bountifully. E.g chibok school principal, sanusi, ex-bbog co-leader, shattima, buratai, ganduje, current emir, etc (power of unity with one voice). While the most disunited southerners were all used and dumped as wastes. Eg oby, BAT, timi frank, dino, saraki, even a northerner will replace osho baba soonest, etc..

I urge the southerners to humble themselves and unite in peace, then we proceed to negotiate the unity with the North if achievable. If not, we ..................... Fill the gap.

As a citizen of the heartbeat, king and gateway of southwest, I love other tribes the more.

Your comment is really appreciated..
Re: Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 22, 2020
Felixamos:

Your comment is really appreciated..

Welcome sir. Beautiful topic...

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 22, 2020
Nonsense.
Who still talks about Nigeria at this point.
Dead country for that matter.
Moreover it is better every tribe minds their own business.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Blackking98(m): 11:19am On Apr 22, 2020
Truth is we were better off alone than in this conglomerate of failure we're in. Even I'm China you don't have about ten major languages like u have here even when they're 2billion in population, they're majorly buhddist while here hmm it's something else. A country is supposed to derive it's uniting factor from having either an overwhelming majority in religion, or overwhelming majority in ethnicity, Nigeria is not close to having any. I'm from the SS
Re: Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
Blackking98:
Truth is we were better off alone than in this conglomerate of failure we're in. Even I'm China you don't have about ten major languages like u have here even when they're 2billion in population, they're majorly buhddist while here hmm it's something else. A country is supposed to derive it's uniting factor from having either an overwhelming majority in religion, or overwhelming majority in ethnicity, Nigeria is not close to having any. I'm from the SS
Your comment is appreciated Sir.. You raised some good points...
Re: Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by AreaFada2: 3:37am On Apr 23, 2020
You need to go back to our faulty foundation.

We are not at peace with ourselves. We were different people, linguistically and culturally. Nigeria or English has not been a uniting factor.

Under GEJ, Southerners were his most bitter critics. Instead of constructively working with him.

The North has a set agenda since Ahmadu Bello days. The various Southern tribes cannot even boast of a tribal agenda, let alone one agenda.

The North were able to play two brilliant minds SLA and Pa Awo against each other. Zik & Awo could not even work together.

As it stands, strong largely autonomous regions and a weak FG would be the best way forward. But I cannot see that happening soon.

So the political elite will keep using their tribal base as a weapon, sowing more discord.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Like People From A Different Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 23, 2020
AreaFada2:
You need to go back to our faulty foundation.

We are not at peace with ourselves. We were different people, linguistically and culturally. Nigeria or English has not been a uniting factor.

Under GEJ, Southerners were his most bitter critics. Instead of constructively working with him.

The North has a set agenda isince Ahmadu Bello days. The various Southern tribes cannot even boast of a tribal agenda, let alone one agenda.

The North were able to play two brilliant minds SLA and Pa Awo against each other. Zik & Awo could not even work together.

As it stands, strong largely autonomous regions and a weak FG would be the best way forward. But I cannot see that happening soon.

So the political elite will keep using their tribe base as a weapon, sowing more discord.

Thanks a lot for your contribution...

(1) (Reply)

I Need This Lyrics In Igbo & Yoruba / The Resurgence Of Mgbedike Masquerade - VIDEO / How Yoruba People And Ingenuity Created Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.