Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

The Most Healthiest Way To Cook Yam In Other To Avoid Diabetes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Most Healthiest Way To Cook Yam In Other To Avoid Diabetes (622 Views)

Ladies Cook & Pound Food In Lagos Flood (Photos, Video) / Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) / 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Most Healthiest Way To Cook Yam In Other To Avoid Diabetes by efogator(f): 10:24am On Apr 22, 2020
Do you remember that our fathers and mothers in those days dont peel their yams before cooking; even in their seemingly timid ways, they understood their health benefits therein.

“The skin of yam that is normally peeled off contains proteins and vitamin B Complex. “It also has soluble fibre that absorbs sugar inside the yam. ''When the yam is properly cooked, you peel off the skin before eating. “When you cook your yam with the skin, it will not increase the blood sugar level.

*THE BEST WAY TO COOK YOUR YAM TO AVOID DIABETES

Always cook your yam with the peels. Never peel your yam before cooking.

For those old enough to remember, you will recall that this was how our fathers and mothers used to cook their yam and even plantain.

They never peeled the skin until after cooking. If you peel yam before cooking, then the yam is likely to raise your *sugar level* because of its high carbohydrate and starch content.

But if you cook your yam with the peels, and peel it after cooking, what you have is already a balanced diet.

Yam peels are the most *nutrient-rich part of yam.*

Do you think it is an accident that *goats* prefer to eat yam peels to eating the yam? Try it at home.

Keep yam peels on one side and yam on the other side- the goat will always rush to eat the peels.

They instinctively know that the peels are more abundant in micronutrients.

The most essential tool you need when it comes to proper nutrition and a healthy diet is not money; it is knowledge. Knowledge is power!

SOURCE: https://efogator.com/

Re: The Most Healthiest Way To Cook Yam In Other To Avoid Diabetes by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 22, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]No be lie
Re: The Most Healthiest Way To Cook Yam In Other To Avoid Diabetes by OhGeeBee: 10:49am On Apr 22, 2020
That's how I cook my yam because it's easier to peel after it has been cooked than before.

I don't know of it's health benefits I only do that because of my lazinesscheesy

(1) (Reply)

Killing Of Monitor Lizard In Our Compound. / Recovered COVID-19 Patients Have Vaccine-like Immunity – Study / PHOTOS: Adamawa Polytechnic Shuts Down, Many Injured, School Facilities Burnt Du

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.