Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes (3572 Views)

For Atiku, Charity Should Begin From Home- By Oladunjoye / Reno Omokri: Tinubu’s Charity Does Not Begin At Home / DJ Switch: We Can't Allow Operations To Begin At Lekki Tollgate Without Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
Dangote is from Kano. That should count in Kano.

Charity that doesn't begin at home is a charity made for vain glory and stupidity. Last time I was in Kano I asked to be shown his native quarters.

It's not only a sin to abandon your people, but you should know there is a reason why you were planted where you were planted. Kano is your homestead like we Egbas always have a homestead apart from coming from Abeokuta.

A well resourced and oiled campaign to drag every child in Kano into school would serve humanity and Nigeria as a whole than adverts on CNN or 5 billion naira donations to APC/PDP campaign funds.

And there were a legion of children loitering the streets in his native neighborhood that have no future in this global economy. And we all knows that skills matters a lot in this new emerging economy. You can't start your life in Kano as an Almajiri and become a global icon like him except you have Dantata as your uncle. Maybe an icon in piousity or poverty.

I asked his people if he had a university built in his name in Kano?

They asked me in return, if he had a secondary school in Kano. Or even a thriving industry that employs people in Kano?

I dont know if they mocked that he had no presence there out of indignation or resignation to fate.

But..

They were not happy with this man called "Aliko Dangote".

I dont blame them. I know what Obasanjo did with Obasanjo farms, Bells group of schools, African Leadership Academy in, Presidential Library in Ogun state. And what Igbinedion did with Okada in Edo State. We should all take a trip to Micheal Adeojo's village in Ondo State.

I guessed Dangote must have took one or two things from M. K. O Abiola, his mentor in business.

Egba people here who are conversant with history will remember this little story. Egba notable people begged and begged for Abiola to start a thriving business and industries in Abeokuta. Bring a large industrial complex to his hometown. But he refused to see reasons.

Even that issue was one of the high points of his presidential campaign in 1993, when he went to canvass the Egba Elites at the prestigious Abeokuta Club. The president of the club then asked MKO, why should they support him now? When he refused to develop Abeokuta?

Trust MKO, he always had a response instead of pleading that he will change and look into it.

He said "Abeokuta can never make any economic sense for anybody to invest in." He never knew Nestlé will start their new plant at Flower gate Industrial complex.

If he was to wake up from his grave and passed through Lagos-Ibadan expressway on his way to Abeokuta now. He will cringe on how he missed the boat. No university in his name. Maybe some primary schools and a polytechnic named by government in his honor.
And the Moshood Abiola University of Lagos that refused to stick.

Abiola like Dangote missed the mark. He forgot his roots. Developed Lagos, Ibadan and other places and guessed what he passed through Lagos Ibadan Expressway on his way to and fro Ibadan and Lagos on different trips and still missed the potentials of siting large industrial complex on that road.

Back to our man Dangote, though he is not obliged to get involved in the provision of social services as he is not a practicing politician nor the governor of the atate. But in the midst of misery and hopelessness, the eradication of human suffering. Such interventions must become a priority.

The richest black man in the world must be a beacon of light for his benighted distant cousins of Kano and northern Nigeria.

I do not not say this to disparage him or anyone else.

But to show that if the billionaires paid attention to their villages, they could seed enlightenment and development in the darkest places. And light up the country.

Now I'm hearing folks in kano are packing up and graves are sprouting faster than shrubs.

No one is sure if it's Covid-19 or Lassa or any other thing else. But one thing is sure and it's death at unprecedented scale.

The big trees of Kano should congregate fast and form a forest of hope before it's too late.

And I know some folks are planning to send some tons of food around. But I mean something more enduring. Something of a legacy and not a morsel of bread that can't feed the people more than 1 week even if they manage.

Every Dangote should count in his family first , then his village. Before going out on CNN to answer the saviour of mankind.

Life is too short to be lived on the pages of magazines like Ovation or the tube of CNN or the Forbes list.

Aliko Charity must begin at home, your Kano and not on CNN and Forbes.

https://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/2da9d0506d4de3312af3cf56d6d8ba5d

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by chris4gold(m): 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
okay
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by BeStroNG(m): 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Stories
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by Beedude(m): 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Insightful

7 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by Davash222(m): 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
Remember, Dangote just built a Business School in Kano recently.
Dangote is doing more than enough in Kano state. Maybe you expected him to be sharing money to all Almajiris in Kano everyday before you can believe he's trying in Kano state.

7 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by eruchboy(m): 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trash talk

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by DanseMacabre(m): 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
Very reasonable submission.

I just hope tribalist e-warriors don't decide to mastvrbate on this thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by slegerman(m): 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
Dangote is a private citizen just like every one of us. He is not a State Governor or the President of Nigeria, and as such, it is not resting on his shoulder to help better Kano, that's the job of government.

He is businessman, so he is always looking for ways to add to his fortunes. If Kano presents advantages over other states, he will consider it and invest appropriately and don't forget he owns a foundation that does charity more than any indigenious foundation in Nigeria.

Please do away with this mindset, it look entitled.

5 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by sapientia(m): 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
OP, you don't read news.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
Another option:.... if Kano stopped breeding children it cannot take care of, it may not need a Dangote for support.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by GamalNasser: 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Africans and their sense of entitlement

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by Saao(m): 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
HE HAS DONE ALOT FOR KANO PEOPLE. JUST NOTE, DANGOTE IS FROM KANO BUT MADE HIS MONEY FROM EVERYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY AGAIN HE'S NOT A GOVERNMENT. HOLD YOUR GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE NOT INDIVIDUAL BUSINESS OWNERS AFTERALL THEY PAY TAX TO THE GOVERNMENT.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by nkwuocha1: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
Is Dangote the only wealthy man in Kano?
Continue to breed like rats and expect him to take care of your almajiris. undecided
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by gloriaunobi(f): 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
"In occultic world, you're not allow to show love and care to your people" according to Nigeria movie
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by BEEFIE: 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
gloriaunobi:
"In occultic world, you're not allow to show love and care to your people" according to Nigeria movie
are you a speaker for the occultic world
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by majole: 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
DANGOTE & RABIU ABDULSAMAD HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF THINGS FOR THE PEOPLE OF KANO STATE. GO & FIND OUT & some spreading falsehood
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by EmmySparky(m): 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
This is exactly what I had said earlier about Anambra state billionaires...they got cash but u can't see the impact in their states...they only flaunt it outside the state...so pathetic
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by Lipscomb(m): 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
What a stupid write up which of Abiola property still function today? I wish Dangote can see this useless write up and sue you for blackmail.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Davash222:
Remember, Dangote just built a Business School in Kano recently.
Dangote is doing more than enough in Kano state. Maybe you expected him to be sharing money to all Almajiris in Kano everyday before you can believe he's trying in Kano state.
please read the article well.. I'm not insinuating that he distributes anything.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
slegerman:

Dangote is a private citizen just like every one of us. He is not a State Governor or the President of Nigeria, and as such, it is not resting on his shoulder to help better Kano, that's the job of government.

He is businessman, so he is always looking for ways to add to his fortunes. If Kano presents advantages over other states, he will consider it and invest appropriately and don't forget he owns a foundation that does charity more than any indigenious foundation in Nigeria.

Not everything the government can do. He knows what his community needs and let him help. If he has to sponsor school feeding initiative to keep the children at school. Let him do something. He owes humanity that much.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
Lipscomb:
What a stupid write up which of Abiola property still function today? I wish Dangote can see this useless write up and sue you for blackmail.
You can become his lawyer.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
EmmySparky:
This is exactly what I had said earlier about Anambra state billionaires...they got cash but u can't see the impact in their states...they only flaunt it outside the state...so pathetic
They don't understand why they became billionaires. To whom much is given, much is expected.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
nkwuocha1:
Is Dangote the only wealthy man in Kano?
Continue to breed like rats and expect him to take care of your almajiris. undecided
Oga, Dangote is from Kano and he is billionaire of note from that city.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
majole:
DANGOTE & RABIU ABDULSAMAD HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF THINGS FOR THE PEOPLE OF KANO STATE. GO & FIND OUT & some spreading falsehood
Thank you.. We want them to do more.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
Saao:
HE HAS DONE ALOT FOR KANO PEOPLE. JUST NOTE, DANGOTE IS FROM KANO BUT MADE HIS MONEY FROM EVERYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY AGAIN HE'S NOT A GOVERNMENT. HOLD YOUR GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE NOT INDIVIDUAL BUSINESS OWNERS AFTERALL THEY PAY TAX TO THE GOVERNMENT.
OK noted.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
slegerman:

That fact was duly noted in the write up.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Tóò much Nollywood bros...

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
A Man who worked hard to build his fortune and you want him to come and spend it on some lazy people. Morever he is not the government.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by Mightyhaiz: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
Esseite:
Another option:.... if Kano stopped breeding children it cannot take care of, it may not need a Dangote for support.
I dey tell u..if I'm not mistaken,dangote has just 2kids,... Girls

He should now be feeding and planning for poor jobless but very randy men who married 4 wives and have about 40 almajiri kids to their names..

4 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
olushowunm:
Oga, Dangote is from Kano and he is billionaire of note from that city.
change your mindset he does not owe kano state a dime.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by EmmySparky(m): 10:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
olushowunm:
They don't understand why they became billionaires. To whom much is given, much is expected.
honestly...I know they don't owe anybody a dime...but courtesy starts at home...u don't leave ur people from ur state and town hungry and start feeding people from another country...it's just so bad...
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
change your mindset he does not owe kano state a dime.
You don't understand basic things of life..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hausa Radio Biafra May Lead To Riot, Blood Shed / Buhari Will Pardon Nnamdi Kanu, But The Implications Will Be Profound / One Of These Two Men Is Buhari's Consensus Candidate (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.