Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes (3597 Views)

For Atiku, Charity Should Begin From Home- By Oladunjoye / Reno Omokri: Tinubu’s Charity Does Not Begin At Home / DJ Switch: We Can't Allow Operations To Begin At Lekki Tollgate Without Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
olushowunm:
You don't understand basic things of life..
hmn nice try kid you can do better than this

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by NigerianSage: 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
[s]
olushowunm:
Dangote is from Kano. That should count in Kano.

Charity that doesn't begin at home is a charity made for vain glory and stupidity. Last time I was in Kano I asked to be shown his native quarters.

It's not only a sin to abandon your people, but you should know there is a reason why you were planted where you were planted. Kano is your homestead like we Egbas always have a homestead apart from coming from Abeokuta.

A well resourced and oiled campaign to drag every child in Kano into school would serve humanity and Nigeria as a whole than adverts on CNN or 5 billion naira donations to APC/PDP campaign funds.

And there were a legion of children loitering the streets in his native neighborhood that have no future in this global economy. And we all knows that skills matters a lot in this new emerging economy. You can't start your life in Kano as an Almajiri and become a global icon like him except you have Dantata as your uncle. Maybe an icon in piousity or poverty.

I asked his people if he had a university built in his name in Kano?

They asked me in return, if he had a secondary school in Kano. Or even a thriving industry that employs people in Kano?

I dont know if they mocked that he had no presence there out of indignation or resignation to fate.

But..

They were not happy with this man called "Aliko Dangote".

I dont blame them. I know what Obasanjo did with Obasanjo farms, Bells group of schools, African Leadership Academy in, Presidential Library in Ogun state. And what Igbinedion did with Okada in Edo State. We should all take a trip to Micheal Adeojo's village in Ondo State.

I guessed Dangote must have took one or two things from M. K. O Abiola, his mentor in business.

Egba people here who are conversant with history will remember this little story. Egba notable people begged and begged for Abiola to start a thriving business and industries in Abeokuta. Bring a large industrial complex to his hometown. But he refused to see reasons.

Even that issue was one of the high points of his presidential campaign in 1993, when he went to canvass the Egba Elites at the prestigious Abeokuta Club. The president of the club then asked MKO, why should they support him now? When he refused to develop Abeokuta?

Trust MKO, he always had a response instead of pleading that he will change and look into it.

He said "Abeokuta can never make any economic sense for anybody to invest in." He never knew Nestlé will start their new plant at Flower gate Industrial complex.

If he was to wake up from his grave and passed through Lagos-Ibadan expressway on his way to Abeokuta now. He will cringe on how he missed the boat. No university in his name. Maybe some primary schools and a polytechnic named by government in his honor.
And the Moshood Abiola University of Lagos that refused to stick.

Abiola like Dangote missed the mark. He forgot his roots. Developed Lagos, Ibadan and other places and guessed what he passed through Lagos Ibadan Expressway on his way to and fro Ibadan and Lagos on different trips and still missed the potentials of siting large industrial complex on that road.

Back to our man Dangote, though he is not obliged to get involved in the provision of social services as he is not a practicing politician nor the governor of the atate. But in the midst of misery and hopelessness, the eradication of human suffering. Such interventions must become a priority.

The richest black man in the world must be a beacon of light for his benighted distant cousins of Kano and northern Nigeria.

I do not not say this to disparage him or anyone else.

But to show that if the billionaires paid attention to their villages, they could seed enlightenment and development in the darkest places. And light up the country.

Now I'm hearing folks in kano are packing up and graves are sprouting faster than shrubs.

No one is sure if it's Covid-19 or Lassa or any other thing else. But one thing is sure and it's death at unprecedented scale.

The big trees of Kano should congregate fast and form a forest of hope before it's too late.

And I know some folks are planning to send some tons of food around. But I mean something more enduring. Something of a legacy and not a morsel of bread that can't feed the people more than 1 week even if they manage.

Every Dangote should count in his family first , then his village. Before going out on CNN to answer the saviour of mankind.

Life is too short to be lived on the pages of magazines like Ovation or the tube of CNN or the Forbes list.

Aliko Charity must begin at home, your Kano and not on CNN and Forbes.

https://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/2da9d0506d4de3312af3cf56d6d8ba5d
[/s]

Na ignorance they worry you and the ignorant writer.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by NigerianSage: 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
more..

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by NigerianSage: 11:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
more............

The man is doing more for his state than any other individual in Kano state.

Go back and rewrite your ignorant essay.

Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 12:46am On Apr 23, 2020
NigerianSage:
[s][/s]

Na ignorance they worry you and the ignorant writer.

Who is talking about market fire donations or Dangote flour wheat farming.. What this is about is that he needs to do more. Look at the HDI of Kano and come back. There is problem brewing in Kano. Dazzol!
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by nkwuocha1: 7:39am On Apr 23, 2020
olushowunm:
Oga, Dangote is from Kano and he is billionaire of note from that city.

So? What's your point and it's relation to my post?So because he is a Kano billionaire,he should teach ignorant indegenes how to go to school,make money and stop breeding like rats?
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by a2personal2013: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2020
Please shun this entitlement mentality. The man is a private citizen and has a right to do what he likes with his money. He has a foundation pumping money across Nigeria.
Let us not drag him to the mud. #Notoentitlement mentality. He owes us nothing!!!
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by 7lives: 9:36am On Apr 23, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
I dey tell u..if I'm not mistaken,dangote has just 2kids,... Girls

He should now be feeding and planning for poor jobless but very randy men who married 4 wives and have about 40 almajiri kids to their names..

As in, where is Ford Foundation when you need them, they went and hide themselves on Banana Island when their job is in northern Nigeria.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by 7lives: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2020
EmmySparky:
honestly...I know they don't owe anybody a dime...but courtesy starts at home...u don't leave ur people from ur state and town hungry and start feeding people from another country...it's just so bad...

His people are numbskulls, this is why he is keeping his distance.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by rafindo(m): 10:18am On Apr 23, 2020
EmmySparky:
This is exactly what I had said earlier about Anambra state billionaires...they got cash but u can't see the impact in their states...they only flaunt it outside the state...so pathetic

Because the money is made out of the state.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by EmmySparky(m): 10:25am On Apr 23, 2020
7lives:

His people are numbskulls, this is why he is keeping his distance.
bro that's not an excuse...if they are numbskulls then he is also one...y not help other numbskulls too become great...
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by EmmySparky(m): 10:27am On Apr 23, 2020
rafindo:

Because the money is made out of the state.
so ur family members would be hungry and u will go ahead to give food to outsiders cos they didn't make the money for u...that's a twisted ideology
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
EmmySparky:
so ur family members would be hungry and u will go ahead to give food to outsiders cos they didn't make the money for u...that's a twisted ideology
Tell them sir..
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 24, 2020
olushowunm:
Dangote is from Kano. That should count in Kano.

Charity that doesn't begin at home is a charity made for vain glory and stupidity. Last time I was in Kano I asked to be shown his native quarters.

It's not only a sin to abandon your people, but you should know there is a reason why you were planted where you were planted. Kano is your homestead like we Egbas always have a homestead apart from coming from Abeokuta.

A well resourced and oiled campaign to drag every child in Kano into school would serve humanity and Nigeria as a whole than adverts on CNN or 5 billion naira donations to APC/PDP campaign funds.

And there were a legion of children loitering the streets in his native neighborhood that have no future in this global economy. And we all knows that skills matters a lot in this new emerging economy. You can't start your life in Kano as an Almajiri and become a global icon like him except you have Dantata as your uncle. Maybe an icon in piousity or poverty.

I asked his people if he had a university built in his name in Kano?

They asked me in return, if he had a secondary school in Kano. Or even a thriving industry that employs people in Kano?

I dont know if they mocked that he had no presence there out of indignation or resignation to fate.

But..

They were not happy with this man called "Aliko Dangote".

I dont blame them. I know what Obasanjo did with Obasanjo farms, Bells group of schools, African Leadership Academy in, Presidential Library in Ogun state. And what Igbinedion did with Okada in Edo State. We should all take a trip to Micheal Adeojo's village in Ondo State.

I guessed Dangote must have took one or two things from M. K. O Abiola, his mentor in business.

Egba people here who are conversant with history will remember this little story. Egba notable people begged and begged for Abiola to start a thriving business and industries in Abeokuta. Bring a large industrial complex to his hometown. But he refused to see reasons.

Even that issue was one of the high points of his presidential campaign in 1993, when he went to canvass the Egba Elites at the prestigious Abeokuta Club. The president of the club then asked MKO, why should they support him now? When he refused to develop Abeokuta?

Trust MKO, he always had a response instead of pleading that he will change and look into it.

He said "Abeokuta can never make any economic sense for anybody to invest in." He never knew Nestlé will start their new plant at Flower gate Industrial complex.

If he was to wake up from his grave and passed through Lagos-Ibadan expressway on his way to Abeokuta now. He will cringe on how he missed the boat. No university in his name. Maybe some primary schools and a polytechnic named by government in his honor.
And the Moshood Abiola University of Lagos that refused to stick.

Abiola like Dangote missed the mark. He forgot his roots. Developed Lagos, Ibadan and other places and guessed what he passed through Lagos Ibadan Expressway on his way to and fro Ibadan and Lagos on different trips and still missed the potentials of siting large industrial complex on that road.

Back to our man Dangote, though he is not obliged to get involved in the provision of social services as he is not a practicing politician nor the governor of the atate. But in the midst of misery and hopelessness, the eradication of human suffering. Such interventions must become a priority.

The richest black man in the world must be a beacon of light for his benighted distant cousins of Kano and northern Nigeria.

I do not not say this to disparage him or anyone else.

But to show that if the billionaires paid attention to their villages, they could seed enlightenment and development in the darkest places. And light up the country.

Now I'm hearing folks in kano are packing up and graves are sprouting faster than shrubs.

No one is sure if it's Covid-19 or Lassa or any other thing else. But one thing is sure and it's death at unprecedented scale.

The big trees of Kano should congregate fast and form a forest of hope before it's too late.

And I know some folks are planning to send some tons of food around. But I mean something more enduring. Something of a legacy and not a morsel of bread that can't feed the people more than 1 week even if they manage.

Every Dangote should count in his family first , then his village. Before going out on CNN to answer the saviour of mankind.

Life is too short to be lived on the pages of magazines like Ovation or the tube of CNN or the Forbes list.

Aliko Charity must begin at home, your Kano and not on CNN and Forbes.

https://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/2da9d0506d4de3312af3cf56d6d8ba5d

Dangote doesn't owe Kano state anything.
Re: Aliko Dangote : Charity Should Begin At Home And Not Forbes by olushowunm(m): 10:10am On Apr 24, 2020
Yes he doesn't but he owes them everything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Can Not Support Wike This Time His From Niger Delta- OHANEZE / Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? / What Were The Kray Twins Jewish Mobsters Doing In Enugu In 1966?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.