Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case (2732 Views)

How Rivers State Lockdown Trapped Me In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? / Rivers State Buried The 27 Dead Cows Imported Into The State From North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by Guiderlaurel: 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
A Twitter user at the @fuffiledson has revealed how the latest corona vorus in Rivers State happened. Read below

Location; Mingi Hotel, Rumuomasi

It's a old run-down half-star hotel that should be called a guest house instead. But it has 3 floors and over 30 rooms. A man (hotel manager) who looked after his sick Boss (Hotel Owner) who returned from Abuja in a room in the Hotel. The Boss later died (in the room) and his body was carried by this manager and 2 other Hotel Staff downstairs, transported in a public transport cab to UPTH morgue.

It was never confirmed the Boss had it, until his wife from Abuja called to inform of the mysterious circumstances of her husband's death and her suspicion. The hotel Manager was tracked to his village, where he ran to hide, after he fell ill with fever, Catarrh and dry Cough (similar to his Boss) he got afraid enough to cooperate with NCDC Rivers State. He was tested last Saturday and his result came back positive and he is the new case. The Hotel Staffs, mortician and morgue attendant have all been tested while a search has been launched for the Cab-man. The number of people the Manager came in contact with are so many and scary. So is a 50/50 chance of more cases in Rivers State

https://twitter.com/fufilledson/status/1252976279323803649?s=19

Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by JayEntaur(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
Is this act a result of ignorance or sheer wickedness?

1 Like

Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by tuborme: 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
serious:
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by Lightmap: 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2020
Wickedness o
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by Guiderlaurel: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
Thank God, the commissioner of health just confirmed my story
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by djacob(m): 8:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
This is pure wickedness.

Expect more cases of this virus to rise in Rivers state. from the hotel manager to the innocent workers and the Taxi man.

1 Like

Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
Time to channel all resources into Covid-19 fight.

The deaths are piling up because the Ministry of Health and NCDC have not prioritised mass testing. As long as people are allowed to stay with the virus for long without treatment, they lose the chance to get help and a high possibility of spreading the virus.

All Governors should work on a partnership programme with the Federal Government, International Development Partners and the Private sector (including NGOs) to carryout massive testing for Covid-19. Even though it means reaching out to South Africa and other countries for technical support.

We are wasting time depending on Lockdown to chase the virus.

There is need for Aggressive case finding by increasing testing and isolating those found positive.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by virginchaser(m): 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
Na wa o! They are chasing away Lagos people and Oil workers now they opened gate for Abuja based Rivers big man. Which kind wahala be this now?
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
Wike's 10Bn coronavirus money loading! grin
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by alizma: 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
This same Rumuomasi? It is finished
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by JBoy9(m): 9:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jeeeeeeesu!!! Wike is definitely locking down Rivers State indefinitely..... Meanwhile the only food left in my house is food for thought

2 Likes

Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by Joystark(f): 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
JBoy9:
Jeeeeeeesu!!! Wike is definitely locking down Rivers State indefinitely..... Meanwhile the only food left in my house is food for thought

Hahahhahahahahahah.

Jesus you just killed me. grin
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by JBoy9(m): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Joystark:

Hahahhahahahahahah.

Jesus you just killed me. grin

My dear you won't understand. I'm in PH. Been forcing myself to stay happy all day. Check my posts, it's all an effort to avoid depression cuz d lockdown has done me gbas-gbos. With this new development? Then it's over. Wike will be wicked with his decision

1 Like

Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by JBoy9(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
Guiderlaurel:
Thank God, the commissioner of health just confirmed my story

Just checked u out on tweeter bro. And NaijainfoPH just confirmed ur story angry angry angry
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by BENARI: 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
The citizens don't trust the government to take care of them, it's obvious. What is more, Lie Mohamed said bodies can't be claimed. So many will rather die and be buried in thier homes than be lost and never found.
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by Joystark(f): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
JBoy9:

My dear you won't understand. I'm in PH. Been forcing myself to stay happy all day. Check my posts, it's all an effort to avoid depression cuz d lockdown has done me gbas-gbos. With this new development? Then it's over. Wike will be wicked with his decision

He didn't lock down everywhere in PH.
Just places that disobeyedbthe previous Lockdown nau, ba?

Me that was wishing I had traveled back to PH earlier sef.

1 Like

Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by allandutch: 11:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
JayEntaur:
Is this act a result of ignorance or sheer wickedness?

Maybe a combination of both plus selfishness.
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by edoairways: 12:46am On Apr 23, 2020
JBoy9:

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by ruggedtimi(m): 12:46am On Apr 23, 2020
How true is this stuff...indeed bad news travels faster, I also heard Caverton helicopter was responsible and they brought in the said man..the boss name is "Alagoa"
Re: How Rivers State Got Another Corona Virus Case by ruggedtimi(m): 12:50am On Apr 23, 2020
djacob:
This is pure wickedness.

Expect more cases of this virus to rise in Rivers state. from the hotel manager to the innocent workers and the Taxi man.
the taxi man and passengers he must have carried

(1) (Reply)

Taking Mongo After Drinking Garri Is Actually Dangerous. It Happen To Me / 17-year Old Girl Who Bleeds From Her Eyes, Nose, Ears, Scalp & Tongue / Apply For Job Vacancy At Cavesbury Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.