Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

What It Cost To Build A Social Media App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What It Cost To Build A Social Media App (1780 Views)

Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? / How Much It Cost To Build An App Like Uber Or Spotify / How Much Would It Cost To Build A Private Payment Gateway? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What It Cost To Build A Social Media App by Cashinflow8: 5:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
Pls before I dive into computer science (programming)... I have this target, vision of creating a very powerful social media application..that will compete with major companies in the business like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc....

So I want to know the prerequisites....

Like what programming language should I learn
How many lines of code will it take
How many days or months will it take
Will I need a team
Will funding be needed

Pls forgive my inexperience

Am just a secondary school graduate about to enter uni....

Pls I seriously need insights from u programmers so I can be guided
Re: What It Cost To Build A Social Media App by spartan117(m): 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Facebook the most popular social media web app was built using react js. Infact react was created by Facebook developers.

JavaScript is the language of the web, so every web developer must know it. React JavaScript is the most popular JavaScript framework right now, so I'll advice that you build a solid JavaScript foundation before learning react.

Of course you have to learn HTML and CSS first.
Re: What It Cost To Build A Social Media App by Cashinflow8: 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
spartan117:
Facebook the most popular social media web app was built using react js. Infact react was created by Facebook developers.

JavaScript is the language of the web, so every web developer must know it. React JavaScript is the most popular JavaScript framework right now, so I'll advice that you build a solid JavaScript foundation before learning react.

Of course you have to learn HTML and CSS first.

Ok thank you...

One day I believe....I gn make it..

U can screenshot this for future reference

1 Like

Re: What It Cost To Build A Social Media App by mcqwerty(m): 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
You don't like yourself. Facebook? Even savvy programmers know who to compete with and whom not to.

Facebook was not built with React. It was built primarily with PHP with a HHVM server but now it uses C++ and React for improved experience.

These questions are too many. You need to learn to crawl before you run or fly. Read on how facebook started. You will know what it entails and then come and ask the right question.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: What It Cost To Build A Social Media App by spartan117(m): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2020
Cashinflow8:

Ok thank you...

One day I believe....I gn make it..

U can screenshot this for future reference

See you at the top.
Godspeed.

(1) (Reply)

Fortran 77 (i Need Your Help) / Why I Love The Cloud / List Of Top 10 Blockchain App Development Companies In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.