Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,320 members, 7,826,281 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

5 Mindset Of Business Man That Makes Him Different From An Entrepreneur. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Mindset Of Business Man That Makes Him Different From An Entrepreneur. (566 Views)

Why Onyema Was Flagged By The US - Advice From A US Based Business Man. / 3 Powerful Mindset Of Rich People - These Mindsets Can Make You Rich Too / 10 Things No One Will Tell You About Being An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Mindset Of Business Man That Makes Him Different From An Entrepreneur. by DGodChaser(m): 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
The very first social gathering I attended after setting up my business. I was asked to introduction myself and what I do.

When I started introducing myself I got stock when it got to that point of what am into. I was confused on whether I should call myself a businessman or an entrepreneur

I know just like me a whole of us don't know the difference those two.

I will share with us the major difference before i diver into the 5 different mindset they operate on.

Businessman makes business from an unoriginal business or product idea. In much simpler term a businessman enter into an existing business, such as retailing or franchising.
While an entrepreneur is an inventor. He is usually the first creator of a product or service. They makes product or service from original idea.

Now, to the 5 mindset that differentiate them.

1. Business man do business for profit sake and to meet up with their financial goals. While an entrepreneur in many cases are concern with the desire of been a change agent. Changing the world system with their product or service invention.

2. A business man has this mentality of taking only calculated risk. They can not afford to loss all their money or suffer bankruptcy.
Whereas an entrepreneur are 100% crazy risk taker. Because entrepreneurs are passion chaser so they don't care about losing their money or time. However, since they do it with love, joy and passion, they often gain extraordinary result.

3. A business mentality for hiring employee is for the sole purpose of his business growth while an entrepreneur help to mould leader and build friendship amongst people he invites to help him grow his brand.

4. For business man losing money is one of his biggest worries. Most business rely on a good economy to start, operate and maintain business success.
While an entrepreneur don't usually worry much about losing money. Entrepreneur usually start their process from scratch.

5. A business man hate time wasting. He believes that every time wasted could have been use to make ROI while an entrepreneur act like an artist in a studio he worries less about time as his product or service for him, is a master pieces. This why he can be slow and could take longer period to perfect is product.

I hope this helps some one who doesn't know what category he falls in. From the difference and the mindset you should be able to know where your enterprising falls and what kind of mindset you should be operating it with.

It is very important to note that if you use a businessman's mindset to operate an entrepreneurial firm it is likely to fail.

©Akuma Uche Festus
Re: 5 Mindset Of Business Man That Makes Him Different From An Entrepreneur. by BeStroNG(m): 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ok

(1) (Reply)

If You Want To Be A Casual Worker In Abroad We Handle Your Migration / 7 Business Ideas To Make Money Online During The Lockdown Period By FG / Pls Help My Young Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.